W7L4 in TOW -- "impossible" score -- replicate it!

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

W7L4 in TOW -- "impossible" score -- replicate it!

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm

This is not a normal "level solutions" request because I know how to solve the level and have done so many times.

What I want to know is how to replicate a miracle.

It IS possible, I swear I've witnessed it with my own eyes and the score is real... but no matter how many times I've tried this level over and over, it just doesn't want to happen again.

I was doing a bunch of test runs to see how much I could improve the score on this level. LinkyNStoof had 4100 and I already had more, but I wanted to see if I could get it in 4200s. I eventually did, I think...

But during one of the lesser test runs, a miracle happened.

When I was somewhere in the bottom left part of the level, happily collecting coins with no enemies in the way, there was an explosion that happened offscreen at the top of the level. The explosion meant that the two Kaboom!s and possibly one or more Z-bots (I don't know how many -- it happened offscreen!) have trapped themselves and died.

(I think it was two Kaboom!s and one Z-bot or one Kaboom! and two Z-bots... three enemies in total. I can't be sure, though.)

I quickly finished the bottom left section and exited the level with a score of 4830. At first I was struck with joy... then I realized I wasn't recording.

I did try to replicate it some time after that, knowing that if I produced a video of such a score attack all by myself, everyone would be all over it -- for good reason, too.

However, I simply have no luck now. I do remember that I went counter-clockwise around the level, mostly, but how exactly did I do so, which coins I collected first, where I waited, etc... it's all a blur. It was just a test run, a lazy one at that, so I wasn't prepared to memorize the route.

So I'm asking you to try and replicate this. I can't do everything alone... perhaps if many people plug away at it from time to time someone will stumble upon it once more?

Since I'm fairly busy and not recording score attacks for now -- besides, I have plenty of levels to do until I hit W7L4 -- you have tons of time, so no hurry. Just keep trying from time to time, OK? :wink:

Of course you probably won't remember your route either... so please RECORD your attempts and then you can just delete a recording if it didn't happen.

To record a video, you can use "Growler Guncam": http://www.growlersoftware.com/
One of the few screen recorders that actually works well with Wonderland. Even a weaker computer can use this -- I get barely any lag at all with this program.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.