Help on platinum: all fired up

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
pixiepogle
Rainbow Wonderlander

Help on platinum: all fired up

Post by pixiepogle » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:05 pm

hi
Can anyone help me out on the platinum level: all fired up?
I cant figure out how to get past the three red evil shadow stinkers? :?
Its mostly the top one thats giving us trouble
Michael Image
A.G.
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by A.G. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Pixie,
When you enter the chamber after the treadmill, stay on the first tile, and go back twice on the treadmill, to push up the mirror images in their tracks. Than, push the first box in front of you, and move out of the way. That's your first move.
After that, keep on trying, and you'll find out. Try not to destroy anymore boxes, before you find out how to solve the problem.
Good luck
:wink:
AG
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:41 pm

i'm completely stumped with this one too :cry:

this (hopefully) isn't a spoiler, since i can't even get close to doing this level, and i'm probably way off target, but it seems to me that no matter how you try, it's impossible to pass the top stinky, and even if you could pass it on the left by using a box as a shield (which i can't), it would still be right behind you when you move to the right and it moves to the right, so to me the only logical thing left is to get the shadow stinkies to destroy themselves and use three boxes for the switches.

but i can't even get close to doing this. and i don't usually give up easily :evil:

help, please! :)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:52 am

I can't do this one either :?

You can't get all three shadow figures destroyed - one shooter has to remain, and I can't see a handy barrel to blow up the last one.

I keep going back to this level and not getting past the last shadow.

Has anyone done this?
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:04 pm

I'm affraid this isn't going to be very helpful.....

I did it and got a gold star and all :D , but I can't replicate it :oops: I don't even remember how I did it and I have been trying to do it again so I could help, but now I just can't do it :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mette
\Mette
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:You can't get all three shadow figures destroyed - one shooter has to remain, and I can't see a handy barrel to blow up the last one.
liz, i'm probably wrong but i'm fairly sure it's impossible to leave just one shooter. two, yes, but not one. if you leave one, and use two boxes, then surely when you try to put the last box on the last button the shooter will shoot the first box you put on the second button if you see what i mean......unless there's a way of putting two boxes on buttons first - and if that's possible i'll start eating cabbage! :lol:

while it's possible to leave two shooters and use one box in theory, that would mean either getting past or killing the top shooter, and i'm convinced since you can't do that, that's why i believe you have to kill them all.

but, i can't even get close to finding a way to kill the middle one and then get the other two to kill each other.

perplexed is not the word!

and mette, you must be even more frustrated than me! :lol: :lol:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:38 pm

Oh yeah :roll: . I'm frustrated :x . I remember that I didn't kill any of the shadows :shock: I ended up with two shadows on the innermost buttons and a box on the outer button. The last shadow pushed that box for me I think. But I still can't remember or replicate excactly what I did.

Mette
\Mette
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:51 pm

that sort of makes sense, but in that case i just can't see how on earth you get past the top shadow :? :? :? :?
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:15 pm

dunc wrote:that sort of makes sense, but in that case i just can't see how on earth you get past the top shadow :? :? :? :?
Neither can I :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry: :shock:
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:41 pm

I put it in the editor and replaced the top fire stinker with an ordinary one. It was still a bit hairy but I ended up with a box on the innermost button and two fire stinkers on the others, they killed the ordinary stinker, but rather him than me. Lord knows how you do it with all 3 fire stinkers. :shock:

I know it's cheating but I don't care. DO YOU HEAR ME, I DON'T CARE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :twisted: :twisted:

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
A.G.
Bronze Wonderlander

all fired up

Post by A.G. » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi,
I can do this one under 2 minutes. It is very easy, once you find the trick. I found it by accident. The trick is to get ride of the second and third shadows, by having them "commit suicide,"after the first has been eliminated by the second. It seams complicated, but read what I wrote to Pixie, and it will tell you how everything as to start, to do it this way. I do not thing that it can be done otherwise, thiugh.
Good luck,
AG
pixiepogle
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pixiepogle » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi thanks for your help i'll have a go later 8) 8)
Michael Image
dkgiz
Silver Wonderlander

Post by dkgiz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:42 pm

Mette asked me to go through this one again to see if I remembered how I did it. This is how:
major spoiler wrote:When you stand on the first tile after the conveyers, go this way:
(D-R-R) - (L-L) - (U-U-U) - L - (U-U) - R-R-U-U-U-L-L - (R-R-U-R) - (L-L-L-L) - D-U-R-R-U-U-L-L-L-U the rest of the way to the exit.
The moves in ( ) must be done quickly with no pauses in between.
This can be done in 23 seconds by the way :P :D :lol:

Have fun,
Dkgiz :twisted:

P.S. This is NOT the way Mette did it, but this way works!
The adopted son of wee Mummy Mo :D :twisted:
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:31 am

I did it without killing any stinkers, and all three covered the buttons. I could not do this when platinum first came out. But when fan no.1 had it with his files, I could complete it. It does take super fast fingers!!

There are still a couple of the original levels I have not finished. Maybe someday!
pixiepogle
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pixiepogle » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:11 pm

Michael Image
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:07 pm

thanks dkgiz!

i might have worked that out myself..........by the next millenium :lol:

i'd love to see the other solutions too :twisted:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Thanks so much Gizmo! What a convoluted way of doing it, but it certainly works! 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
donutlady
Silver Wonderlander

help please

Post by donutlady » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but the major spoiler has been removed, and i can't get past this level for nothing. Can someone
please tell me why all the spoilers are being removed from the posts.
This is the second one that I've come across today that is like this.
Is midnight synergy removing them? I sure hope not cause sometimes
I really need the spoilers to get thru the level. Most of the levels I just
keep working on until i get them on my own, but for all fired up and
also escaping fire world, I simply can not do them. I have been trying
for months and still can't get them, so I finally gave in and came here
and looked for hints and alas, the spoilers have been taken out. I'm
really disappointed now, guess I just won't finish these two levels.
Have a good one all, bye. Frankie
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Hi Frankie,

Are you referring to the white box in dkgiz's post above? If so nothing has been removed :shock: . Highlight the box with the mouse and you'll be able to read it ;) .

This procedure of hiding the spoilers (unless you highlight them) was encouraged to make sure that noone read a spoiler by accident ruining their fun :) .

Best,
Mette
\Mette
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Sorry for revivng such an old thread, but I just want to point out that there are actually many ways to complete this puzzle. I don't remember my way fully, but I remember first important steps, and the general plan.
After riding the first conveyer, step one tile LEFT. You moved shadow stinkers, yet you got back. Go right. Now go right on second conveyor, and QUICKLY go to the left (back on the conveyor)
Now go straight up, yes, you WILL pass the top shadow, since it won't shoot, instead it will be killed by a middle.
Now I forgot the exact steps, but I remember the plan.
1) Using the upper room as a space to maneuver, kill one shadow with another. (Leaving one shadow and two boxes)
2) CAREFUL, no boxes can be lost anymore. Force the shadow to push the remaining boxes at the two inner buttons.
3) Using upper room as a space to maneuver, force the shadow to stand on the outer button while standing yourself in front of an (opening) violet gate. Exit. :)
About bonuses, I got them after shooting one shadow with another, but before pushing the boxes on the inner buttons.

...Who will find another way? Mette, it seems, that you have found some way, but you totally forgot it.

My way contradicts with all the others, but HEY I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! :twisted:

Who made this DEVIOUS thing? 1. He has HIS way 2. And he created an excellent level.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
bambus

Post by bambus » Wed May 06, 2009 3:22 pm

I finished "All Fired Up" today. My solution is 2 boxes and 1 shadow stinker on the 3 buttons.
Moving quickly by s-trajectory (R-D-R), shadow stinkers are killed.

When you stand on the first tile after the conveyers, go this way:
(The moves in () must be done quickly with no pauses in between. )

-to kill the 1st shadow L-L-R-(R-D-R)-R-L-U-L-L-L
-place the 1st box and kill the 2nd shadow U-U-R-D-D-L-D-R-U-L-L-(R-D-R) -stop here then R-R-L-U-L-L-L
-place the 2nd box U-U-L-U-R-DDD-L-UUUU-R-DDDD-L-D-RRR
-shadow on the last button and exit (LLL)-U-L-(RR)-U-R-DD-(LLL)-U-LLL- now along the wall - UU-L-(UUU)-RR-UUU-LLL-U-RR-UUU-LLL exit

Of course, this solution is more complicated then the 1 box, 2 shadows posted above. :)
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Thu May 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, bambus.

Thanks for your solution. :wink:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 pm

EUREKA!!!

I just found out how to be vengeful and kill all three shadow stinkers!!! Yes, A.G. was right, it is possible! :twisted:

Very sneaky, though!! :shock: :? :o

Here's how to do it. If two or more moves are written without a dash inbetween, that means you can't pause there. When it says "pause" (once near the end) you have to pause for a very short while to get the timing right. It's tricky!

Highlight to read:
L-L-R-RDR-R-L-U-U-L-U-D-R-R-L-D-D-L-L-L-U-L-U-R-L-U-R-L-UU-U-U-UU-L-L-D-RR-pause-LL
This leaves you with three boxes and no shadow stinkers. 8)
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
jst1dreamr

Level solution in under a minute

Post by jst1dreamr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:24 am

Below is the spioler for how to complete this level without killing any shadow stinkers. The whole level can be done in about 45 seconds.

After crossing the conveyors stop and follow the spoiler and move quickly through the first six moves.

highlight for spoiler: quickly move D-R-U-L-U-U-U-U now pause and get ready to finish...ok now move U-U-U-L-U-L-D-U-R-R-R-R-R-L-L-L-U-U-L-L-L now go just move to the exit

Enjoy[/quote]
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: Level solution in under a minute

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 am

jst1dreamr wrote:Below is the spioler for how to complete this level without killing any shadow stinkers. The whole level can be done in about 45 seconds.

After crossing the conveyors stop and follow the spoiler and move quickly through the first six moves.

highlight for spoiler: quickly move D-R-U-L-U-U-U-U now pause and get ready to finish...ok now move U-U-U-L-U-L-D-U-R-R-R-R-R-L-L-L-U-U-L-L-L now go just move to the exit

Enjoy
[/quote]
That's actually really cool... is this the pacifist solution mette was talking about?
I have actually made a "special" version of the level where I tried to enforce my solution -- imagine my surprise when yours worked just as well! I'll have to think a bit more on that.
jst1dreamr

Happy to help

Post by jst1dreamr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 am

Muzozavr, Glad I was able to make a useful contribution. Yes, it is a very pacifist route now that you mention it. It is a sure thing that all of you here have helped me many times. Many Thanks All Of You.