17th Adventure: The Wonderbank Nightmare

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

17th Adventure: The Wonderbank Nightmare

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:26 pm

===The Wondertown Invasion Pentalogy===
Part 1: The Wonderbank Nightmare
Part 2: Foggy Footprints
Part 3: Shadow Of The Storm
Part 4: Metalwork
Part 5: The Last Mistake

This adventure is one of my shortest yet! It's funny, difficult, and very annoying. It took me a long time to make (it had sixty command 22s, for crying out loud!), but I'm happy with the way it ended up.

The Wonderbank part isn't supposed to make much sense, so just play along with it. It's probably very glitchy, so please report anything strange.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm not sure exactly what caused this, but marketing decided to start using lazy nephew's dialog, making the adventure impossible.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:I'm not sure exactly what caused this, but marketing decided to start using lazy nephew's dialog, making the adventure impossible.
If you opened a Marketing dialogue instantly after finishing another dialogue, everything will go wrong. It's a command 22 glitch that's impossible to fix. After finishing a dialogue, try to never open it again without waiting a few seconds. Sorry!
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I beat this adventure!
It was pretty easy. :lol:
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:19 pm

I finshed as well.

GRADINGS:

Puzzle: 20/20 This CMD 22 thing is harder than it looks and a pretty new concept.

Action: N/A

Storyline: 20/20 LOL Lazy nephew

Background 18/20 I wonder why the center of Wondertown no longer has houses or stinkers...also, the bank needs more stuff - it has no computers, few bookshelves, and no welcome table. :(

Glitch-Free: 19/20 The one mentioned already. Problem could have been taken care of with separating the rooms by level exits.

Boring-Free: 19/20 Walking in the squares was a bit uninteresting...giving the player a spy-eye to see what's what would make it faster.

TOTAL: 96/100
:)
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Gonna try it out! :D
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Finished! I'm going to do a critique sheet and if this one fails I'll just not critique
MY CRITIQUE SHEET

Puzzles: 7/10
EDIT: Nevermind I'm counting the bank

Action: N/A
Don't know how to grade this :/

Storyline: 9/10
Love it! :D

Scenery: 9/10
PRETTY! :shock: I found the fountain of wonders cute .

Glitch-free: 6/10
Mainly glitch free but the bank part was REALLY glitchy. I had to get the manager to sign the contract and he said something he said earlier. I ended up making the accounting say "-snore-" and I ended up having to do the thing all over again a few times without loading it.

Overall: 31/40

I was alright :)

Was that better or was it still fail? :?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Glitch-Free: 19/20 The one mentioned already. Problem could have been taken care of with separating the rooms by level exits.
No, the command 22 glitch effects all dialogues, no matter where they are.
Wonderman109 wrote:Boring-Free: 19/20 Walking in the squares was a bit uninteresting...giving the player a spy-eye to see what's what would make it faster.
That's kinda boring. Walking around the square yourself gives you a lot more of a "I'm really here" feeling. If I had added a spy-eye in my level "The Iceberg", you could see Olhydra before reaching her (spoiling the suprise!).
llarson wrote:Mainly glitch free but the bank part was REALLY glitchy. I had to get the manager to sign the contract and he said something he said earlier.
You wanted me to have an unlimited number of dialogues? I have to re-use them! What's more, if everything was different this would be 100% chance. If I re-use dialogues, you can work out where you've been before and notice if you're in a new dialogue.
larson wrote:I ended up making the accounting say "-snore-" and I ended up having to do the thing all over again a few times without loading it.
Everything goes wrong if you quickly open two dialogues in a row. I said that on another post, I think.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:This CMD 22 thing is harder than it looks and a pretty new concept.
Actually, people have been using this for a while now. At least since MZRH2 (which was released in December 2011).

Anyways, I just finished after an hour, making this the longest time I've taken to complete one of yotyot's adventures (or one of the longest times? I dunno). I literally chose every wrong decision.

And in the process, I ended up making a dialogue map, in case other people won't be able to bother with the hardcore trial and error. It was some pretty impressive CMD 22ing, though.

By the way yotyot, you seemed to mix up Marketing and Accounting a few times.

So here's the map.

-=- LEGEND -=-
A: Accounting.
M: Marketing.
B: Bank Manager.
N: Lazy Nephew.
X: Bank Manager interchange that sends you back to the start of the dialogue tree.
Star: The last Bank Manager interchange. Getting to this will solve all the Mayor's banking problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:19 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote: By the way yotyot, you seemed to mix up Marketing and Accounting a few times.
Thanks for saying! I've uploaded a new version that fixes that dialogue.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:So here's the map
Nice map! That should help anyone who's stuck on this adventure.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Emerald141 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Boring-Free
Please don't add ratings categories like this, they usually just end up being insulting.
Sorry, but you have to admit that it's important to note boring parts in a level so the maker of the level knows not to add them in their future works. Everyone told me bridge chains are boring...I stopped using them. In this case, I see YotYot's point about the spy-eye. My mistaken view. :oops:

EDIT: MNIK's map rocks. :)
AlphaSpaceWombat
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by AlphaSpaceWombat » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I thought this adventure was wonderful, except you did mix up accounting and marketing at some point ... So if you fixed this from the first time you uploaded it, it needs fixing again :/

But I liked it! it was brilliant!