POTZ - Slide 'n' blast

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Schnuffi

POTZ - Slide 'n' blast

Post by Schnuffi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 am

I have no idea what I need to do? Can anyone help me?

Thanks for your help.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Can you post a screenshot or describe the adventure? I don't remember it by the name, which makes it difficult to help.
\Mette
Schnuffi

POTZ - Slide 'n' blast

Post by Schnuffi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:13 pm

At the beginnig is a brr glove charger and down are three scritters. There is a lot of ice, powder kegs, kegs, 2 coins and 7 chrystals. A little bit later come a pow glove charger. What I must do in this level?

Thanks for your help.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Aha. Now I know which one it is :)

You'll want to go left, so you have to freeze the scritters in the right spots and use them as stoppers as you slide. And do it in a way that maximizes the number of Brrrs you take with you as you go. This should get you to the POW-charger.

I'll let you try to figure the next part out yourself. If you need a hint for that part, just ask.
\Mette
Frazzled51

Post by Frazzled51 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:47 am

I didn't have any trouble figuring out the first half, but the second half has me stumped. I can get to the jewels, but can't figure out how to get to the star.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Small hint:
Before you lose the second Brr Power, build a path right across the water where the 2 gems are. Use this to get to the extreme right for your final exit.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Have you done this one Lizzie? Coz I did it exactly how you're saying and I still end up one Pow short of clearing the path to the star. Tried various different ways and still not got enough Pows. :?
Pauline
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Ah, I remember this one. Not well enough to provide a solution, but still... that was one of my favorite levels during testing. A very twisty little puzzle, wonderfully done.

Since I don't remember the exact details, all I'm going to say is this:
You'll need to recharge, probably several times. Think about a way you could recharge your POW.
There's one other way but it replaces beautiful logic with a cheesy unintended action-based trick, so you're not going to like it. There's a trick (unintended) that allows you to blow up a barrel that's right next to your face and then slide away quickly just in time to avoid yourself exploding. It's not the easiest thing in the world, so, like I said, you're not going to like it. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
dsg
Silver Wonderlander

Post by dsg » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't remember exactly how I did this one but I found a way to recharge my POW and I did blow up barrels that were right next to me. I didn't realize that was an unintended trick--I think I used it on more than just this level. :lol:
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:33 pm

I don't remember the exact solution either (and every time I played this I had to start from scratch because I couldn't remember which approach actually worked).

But last time I played it I realized that
hint wrote:you can go back to the beginning POWing some barrels, do what you did before with the brr and the scritters, and get back to the POW charger that way.
It requires more work than I have had to do before, but it'll get you through the adventure.
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:13 am

I think I did manage to get back round to the Pow charger once but for some reason couldn't get back to where I needed to be to use it. I will try again, keeping in mind that I need to recharge so maybe not blow up so many kegs first. It looks as though it should be quite simple but a lot of things you think are simple turn out to be difficult and things you thought were difficult turn out to be simple ... especially in this game. :wink:
Pauline
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:24 am

I did complete this with only one POW charge, using the trick Muzo mentioned of blowing up a barrel and sliding away.

It all hinges on this area.
Blow up the indicated barrel,
Wait a tick so you don't get blown up, then slide left.
Quickly slide right, and quickly left again.

Now you're at the position of the second picture. You have just enough POWs to collect the gems and reach the star.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Yadis Beles
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Yadis Beles » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:50 am

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Combine Liz Mayhew and Yadis Beles' approaches and you'll get a solution that doesn't require any unintended "tricks", just pure logic. :wink: (and one quick move in the area on Liz's picture, yeah)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
DARIUSH2001
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by DARIUSH2001 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks! I had difficulties with this level too.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I've done it now Lizzie thanks, did it this morning after asking for help. I did it slightly different though, slid left first then blew up the keg to my right and slid right when the first two had exploded, then waited till they'd all exploded, slid right and carried on from there. I did do a bit of powing while sliding near the end but it was easy because I didn't have to get the shot exactly on target.
Pauline
Frazzled51

Post by Frazzled51 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 am

Yeah, I finally figured it out! Thanks for all of the hints! I used a little of this and a little of that and went in a different direction?! lol