Big Problem--help please! Missing key cards (Game glitch??)

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Big Problem--help please! Missing key cards (Game glitch??)

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:38 am

I am on Barren underground where there are five purple gates to open. I solved four adventures (Guard Station, Dance of the Z-bots, Floingpowpop, and Stop Them in Their Tracks), but I only have two keys????

How do I open the gates?

I can't go back into the adventures because they are already solved.

(I actually remember opening two of the gates at one point, then going on to do the other two adventures--I had discovered another adventure behind one of the gates, but now that I solved the final two adventures and went back to the gate area, they are all closed).

--This is actually Nobody's mom posting--he isn't sure what happened or how to fix it. He didn't have this problem when he played.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 am

Mm, sorry, guys, but I have no clue.
I wish you luck on getting them better than I do, though! :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 am

I'm really not sure what's happening here. You mean the gates re-locked themselves after being opened? That's the oddest thing. :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 am

Okay, so after further investigation, the entire game has been reset except for her position in the Hub, and what adventure she's already completed. Upon going back up the stairs, the stairs are found blocked by the dude who tells you to find the Flow. Upon heading into the orange teleporter, you meet Sparkle again, complete with dialog as if you're meeting him for the first time. Then, you can get welcomed to Star's End, as if you've never been there before, but the teleporters do no good since the adventure they lead to has already been completed, and the spring across the river is no help because it's been blocked by white gates.

WHAT did she DO??? D:

(fyi this is Nobody posting for your information)
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:13 am

If I need to start the whole game over again to fix this, I am going to be really frustrated! I haven't skipped any levels so far (though I have gotten some hints when I was stuck). I do NOT want to do over 80 levels again to get back to this point. :cry:

--Nobody's mom
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 am

Just in case, do you have an earlier savefile before this happened?

I really don't get it. What were the last adventures that you played and, if you can remember, in what order? If you're able to point this out, which was the very last adventure you played RIGHT before this occured? Did you activate some dialogue sequences in a strange order?

I'm really sorry that I cannot be of more help at this moment. Even after I get an answer to my questions, I can only *try* to figure this out, I really don't know what happened. This is just weird...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 am

Muzozavr wrote:Just in case, do you have an earlier savefile before this happened?
I probably do, though I haven't checked to see--um, NO, I have one file from the start of Hungry Hungry Lurker (that should be before I got to the gate area with the problem), but when I loaded it, I was not at the start of the level like I was supposed to be AND I was in the dark with a glowgem in use????? (note by Nobody: There was also some naked Stinker hovering a bit above a wall.)
Muzozavr wrote:I really don't get it. What were the last adventures that you played and, if you can remember, in what order? If you're able to point this out, which was the very last adventure you played RIGHT before this occured? Did you activate some dialogue sequences in a strange order?
I played Stop Them in Their Tracks and Floingpowpop and then went and opened two purple gates. I checked out the extras adventure Zap Timers but did not play it. I went back and played Dance of the Z-bots and Guard Station (multiples saves and re-tries before I got it), then went back to the purple gate area and found all four gates closed and only two purple keycards in my bag. (I did not go to the gate area after Dance, so I do not know exactly when the problem occurred.)
Muzozavr wrote:I'm really sorry that I cannot be of more help at this moment. Even after I get an answer to my questions, I can only *try* to figure this out, I really don't know what happened. This is just weird...
Yes, it is very weird. Something is wrong with the game. No clue what caused it, though my toddler likes to play with the options (changing volume and such) and I sometimes leave the game open while the computer is not in use (like overnight). Neither of those should cause a problem, and neither has in the past. I can't think of anything else that could cause a problem--opening more than one version of the game at once, maybe (that has happened, too.) I am stumped.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:12 am

DP (but not really).

So uh, a bit more information: The naked stinker dies once the Lurker wakes up, and the save wasn't actually from the start of the level--it was from the game over screen. Also, in the save there's also a weird thing where you can't do anything except close the game manually.

My mom thinks that a save from the game over screen, possibly this one, may have somehow caused the problem, so keep that in mind???
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:57 am

deleted nvm
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am

It sounds to me as if the game's copied over the default Hub data for some reason. I'm... not sure why it would do that... Are other profiles on the same computer alright, if there are any? Is the computer itself working properly?
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

Computer is working fine. All other profiles on the game are working fine. Just loaded up the corrupted profile again and ALL gates were closed and ALL adventures solved (this is the save that used to have three gates open with all adventures solved). :shock:

Loaded up an earlier save (in the middle of Zap Timers) and completed the adventure. Two gates were open and I was given the purple key for completing the adventure.

I think I am going to have to create a new profile and start over. :cry: :evil: :cry:

--Nobody's mom

If anyone can think of a way to fix this or what might have caused it so I can be sure to avoid it in the future, please let me know.