POTZ - Dragonfire Level 3

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

POTZ - Dragonfire Level 3

Post by jperleevt » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:34 pm

In the Aracade
I need some help on this one...that chomper is way too fast for me. Any hints would be appreciated on how to use the teleporters. No matter which way I go it seem he is always waiting for me for a quick snack.

Jen
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Is this the one with the pac man like layout? With lots of gems?

If so: I just ran like crazy, used a million tries, figured out what definitely didn't work, tried something else, practiced, died, reloaded, ran like crazy - until I finally made it.
\Mette
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 pm

No I got all those...it is the ones where you start at what I'll describe as a castle bridge and then you and a very fast chomper are in a room w/ gems around a center post and a few transporter around the outside.
I moved on so can't take a screen shot right now.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Aha!

Then it's
hint wrote:something with getting the chomper caught between two active teleporters
giving you time to collect the gems.
\Mette
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Even so, it's devilishly tricky. I seriously recommend saving in front of the second room. Starting from the beginning all the time can get irritating pretty fast.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Bel

Post by Bel » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 am

mette wrote:Aha!

Then it's
hint wrote:something with getting the chomper caught between two active teleporters
giving you time to collect the gems.

I tries this a million times but it didn't work...
SPOIL below...

the chomper can also push the buttons and get itself free...furthermore, it can also use teleporters if they aren't completely visible, and the chomper is too fast... if it runs over the button it lasts too long and it isn't caught but teleported...so, how did you manage it??
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am

First of all, you CAN make it so that the chomper does end up behind 2 ACTIVE teleporters, it's just timing. But yes, chompers CAN teleport, so you're not going to trap the chomper forever. Point is, you're only buying yourself some extra time. It's really hard, so you'll have to try over and over again, many times until you get there.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Once I managed to get the chomper trapped in a way it for some reason couldn't get out of. I think it has to do with getting it trapped between two teleporters that it (or anyone?) has used before. I don't remember how or where I did this, and I haven't been able to do it like this since.

Instead I have the chomper trapped at the top while I'm over on the right. As long as I don't go too far left the chomper stays trapped. Once I and hence the chomper goes too far left, it presses the button and comes chasing you. But you should only have 3-4 gems left at this point and it's possible to get them before you get chomped.
\Mette
sylviepsm
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sylviepsm » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks for the advice but please give me the video
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Well with this one I don't even make it to the chomper area. :oops:

How do you get past the opening where 4 lines of fire come straight for you? If you wait for them to pass then the barrel bridges collapse and you can't go any further.

I'm completely stumped. :roll:

EDIT: It's OK, I've found how to do this bit now. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I got past this bit quite easily moving from side to side, but the next bit made me :shock: so I gave up. :roll:

EDIT. Ignore that, I was thinking of level 1. :oops:

PS. Why can't we delete posts any longer???
Pauline