WA1: "Adventures done Adventurously" project topic

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 am

It took me 5 tries. Its a continuous run. I'll try to post a video after feb12 as I'm busy now in TNPQ and wacc6
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:50 am

Blazeknight wrote:It took me 5 tries. Its a continuous run. I'll try to post a video after feb12 as I'm busy now in TNPQ and wacc6
Then congrats because the level is long and annoying. 41 seconds looks like a really good time for it.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:06 am

Muzozavr wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:It took me 5 tries. Its a continuous run. I'll try to post a video after feb12 as I'm busy now in TNPQ and wacc6
Then congrats because the level is long and annoying. 41 seconds looks like a really good time for it.
Thanks! One of the several tricks for this adventure is not to wait for the fireflower to shoot. At 3rd or 4th second, start running continuously. :o The flower would correctly miss everything
Happy to Help!

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 pm

I'll update the record list later today, I just haven't felt like it yet (but i will).
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Pop & Blink - 1:04 -0:02 (Low%)
Thwart the Thwarts - 0:24 (Low%), 0:33 (All%)
Avalanche Alley - 0:13 (Low%)
Last edited by md on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 am

md wrote:Pop & Blink - 1:06
Thwart the Thwarts - 0:24
Avalanche Alley - 0:13
General question: did you get all the bonus coins/gems?

The second and third ones are :shock: :shock: :shock: .

As for the first, I *think* I can do way better, *if* I can do a bunch of tricky blinks correctly.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:21 am

Muzozavr wrote:
md wrote:Pop & Blink - 1:06
Thwart the Thwarts - 0:24
Avalanche Alley - 0:13
General question: did you get all the bonus coins/gems?

The second and third ones are :shock: :shock: :shock: .

As for the first, I *think* I can do way better, *if* I can do a bunch of tricky blinks correctly.
I didn't get all the gems and coins.
It's a speed-run, so I assumed you wouldn't need to.

Quick question, what's Any%?

EDIT: Also, for pop and blink, you can't really coz u need 2 charges at the end, not to mention the red button.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 am

If you took some, but not all (bonus coins and gems) that counts as Any%.

If you did not take ANY (or took as little as possible) that counts as Low%.

If you took everything, that's 100%.

The "default" category is 100%, so if you do Any% or Low%, please tell that so that we don't mix them up.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:31 am

Ok, thanks.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:19 am

I finished the ghost chomper level 0:58
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 am

Blazeknight wrote:I finished the ghost chomper level 0:58
Hide and Seek?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 am

md wrote:
Hide and Seek?
I think so. That level in which there are transports and you need all gems to win and fool a ghost chomper for victory.
Happy to Help!

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:42 am

Blazeknight wrote:
md wrote:
Hide and Seek?
I think so. That level in which there are transports and you need all gems to win and fool a ghost chomper for victory.
See the record table, even though Sammy_P still hasn't updated it with the latest scores, but this one is there: I did "Hide and Seek" in 0:39. :wink:
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 am

Muzozavr wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:
md wrote:
Hide and Seek?
See the record table, even though Sammy_P still hasn't updated it with the latest scores, but this one is there: I did "Hide and Seek" in 0:39. :wink:
OOPS :oops:
Happy to Help!

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Sorry guys, I've been really lazy recently but I'll get it done today.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Just a note: our main Internet-using computer messed up. The data is still there, but I can't really access it right now. After a lot of hoops I managed to plug the Internet into my mom's laptop. However, it doesn't have WA. It also doesn't have a screen-recording program. So for now I'm out of this race due to technical issues.

If somebody wants to continue: I never recorded it, but "Frostbite Cave" is possible in 0:41. This is due to my recent discovery that I call "slidetapping". When you finish sliding, the game makes you stop for a short while. However, if you *TAP* the arrow key (instead of holding it) at the right moment, the game will skip that delay and allow you to move immediately after you finish sliding. The timing is extremely hard, so it's best to just mash the button continiously WHILE you're sliding, keep pressing it as fast as you can and hope it works.

This is also the same trick that allows you to change your direction on "Brr" pads once you hit a dead end. This "Brr-turn" is well known, but I think I'm the first one to notice that it gives you a slight speed boost on ice-filled levels in general.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Alright, I WILL get the list edited today. I promise!
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Done editing the list, finally.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Sammy_P wrote:Done editing the list, finally.
Just because a video of 0:41 on "Frostbite Cave" is unavailable, doesn't mean you can't say "video of 0:42 here".

Pop and Blink has Any% as 1:04. md's "0:02" was green and with a minus sign, meaning he improved his previous result (1:06) by 2 seconds.

Also, my "Thwart Power Cube" levels do have videos, where are the links?

Sorry if I sound angry, I'm just pointing out things that need to be fixed.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Alright, I have NO way to record WA video footage that is actually watchable due to my new computer having a really bad videocard... but I decided that I might as well continue doing this and simply report the results to AT LEAST have a table of records.

So, here are three new results:

"Seven Locks" in 0:18 - just following Erwin's solution as fast as possible.
"The Chase is On" in 0:51 - destroying the yellow transporter at the bottom makes this level a piece of cake.
"Round and Round" in 0:52 - now THIS is huge. I had the route planned out a long time ago but kept failing it, it's madly hard. This result is still improvable because I hesitated quite a lot at the end, I think it's possible to make it go under 0:50 but it's very difficult.

I also managed to match my old 0:30 for "Thwart the Thwarts", so it wasn't just a fluke, it IS possible.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Alright, I have NO way to record WA video footage that is actually watchable due to my new computer having a really bad videocard... but I decided that I might as well continue doing this and simply report the results to AT LEAST have a table of records.

So, here are three new results:

"Seven Locks" in 0:18 - just following Erwin's solution as fast as possible.
"The Chase is On" in 0:51 - destroying the yellow transporter at the bottom makes this level a piece of cake.
"Round and Round" in 0:52 - now THIS is huge. I had the route planned out a long time ago but kept failing it, it's madly hard. This result is still improvable because I hesitated quite a lot at the end, I think it's possible to make it go under 0:50 but it's very difficult.

I also managed to match my old 0:30 for "Thwart the Thwarts", so it wasn't just a fluke, it IS possible.
nice nice nice. :)

updated
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:08 pm

BAD preliminary table-filler:
"Treasure Chamber" in 1:40 (waiting for spikeys takes too much time and I know how to improve this, but I did it just to put *a* time on the list)

Pretty good:
"Hop, Skip and Blink!" in 0:45 (could be executed faster)
"Frozen Doors" in 1:59 (needs tighter execution and I think there might be a way to improve the route... I hate waiting for scritters to unfreeze)

Totally awesome:
"The Pump House" in 1:19 (quite a dangerous level to speedrun)
"Avalanche Alley" in 0:21 (needs very tight execution, else you get 0:22)
"The Turtle and the Stinker" in 1:21 (if only I could get through the purple gate before the scritter dies in the "short" route... but I don't think it's going to happen)
"Pop Springs" in 1:14 (found a short and simple solution)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: WA1: "Adventures done Adventurously" project t

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 am

Two things:

1)When you finish MOFI, can we do this for the entire WA trilogy? :D

2)
Muzozavr wrote:nobody (aside from Patrick) can be absolutely sure that ALL the coins and gems have been discovered by the players
Are you sure? :wink: I can tell you that the WA hub has 33 gems and 49 coins. Not sure where they all are yet, though. :(
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: WA1: "Adventures done Adventurously" project t

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:02 am

Wonderland King wrote:1)When you finish MOFI, can we do this for the entire WA trilogy? :D
MOFI and POTZ would be incredibly difficult to speedrun. You'd have to carefully place floing bubbles and growflowers so that they explode exactly when you want them to.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

When you finish MOFI, can we do this for the entire WA trilogy?
Considering that I'm also playing Inward Hellix and my holidays have ended and I'm studying at the university, I don't know when such a day will come. But we sure can. I don't necessarily have to be the only runner, anyway, DO IT! :lol: :D

Also... yeah, what yot yot5 said. Sometimes you can place bubbles/flowers and then do something else, but sometimes it will be a problem.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Will do! :D I hope I can remember how I won "Gems On Ice" in 26 seconds... it was a pretty cool solution...

But first, I'll find out how many coins and gems MOFI's hub has, as well as in "At The End Of It All".
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

Muzozavr wrote:I don't necessarily have to be the only runner, anyway, DO IT! :lol: :D
Twitch.tv Streaming guys.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:27 am

Some more info that might help: The MOFI hub has 182 coins and 121 gems. "At The End Of It All" has 10 coins and 43 gems. Of course, it's possible that some of them might be unused and inaccessible, so I'll search and report back on how you can "get gold" in a full game speedrun. :)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 am

jdl wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:I don't necessarily have to be the only runner, anyway, DO IT! :lol: :D
Are you talking about yourself and others?

Because I can't. The computer I have right now (the old one died) has a terrible graphics card. I can't even record footage that's watchable, let alone stream.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 am

Muzozavr wrote:
jdl wrote:
Are you talking about yourself and others?

Because I can't. The computer I have right now (the old one died) has a terrible graphics card. I can't even record footage that's watchable, let alone stream.
For now, I was mostly talking about others. I would love to stream stuff but my internet is so slow.. :(
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.