Wonderland Adventures Lamp Item

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

ORION

Wonderland Adventures Lamp Item

Post by ORION » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Hello there people!

In Wonderland Adventures at Wondertown there is a lamp that you can buy. Apparently it doesn't last forever and to refill it you need to spend coins. It looks like to me that the coins in the game you can get are finite, so is it possible that if you use your lamp a lot and need to buy lots of refills you can run out of coins and will not be able to buy other stuff and maybe get stuck in the game?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Eventually (and quite soon) you'll be able to buy a glowgem. It replaces the lamp automatically and lasts forever.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 pm

In theory, it's possible. In practice? Unless you're actively trying to get it to happen, I'm not so sure. There aren't that many adventures that are actually pitch-black/you absolutely need the lamp for.
ORION

Post by ORION » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Thank you!

Looks like I won't need to live in fear of spending too many coins on my lamp anymore :D
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Also, it's very possible to get the glowgem before you even use the lamp once.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 pm

You have to buy many refills, but it is possible to make the game unbeatable by using all the coins up. It is listed in my Ways to Die or Get Stuck in WA Trilogy Hub topic.

On an additional note, it is possible to have both the lamp and the glow gem in your inventory at the same time. You see, if you have the lamp in your inventory and collect the glow gem then the game erases the lamp from your inventory. If you buy the glow gem without ever having bought the lamp then the game erases the option to buy the lamp from MooseJaw. But if you buy the lamp then don't collect it, then buy the glow gem, then collect the glow gem then the lamp, then you will have both the lamp and the glow gem in your inventory.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:01 pm

billy bob wrote:lamp + glowgem trick
How very peculiar. :shock:
Does the light strength stack? In general, how do the lamp and glowgem act upon each other? :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Given that having two GlowGems in WAE3 is the same as one, I suppose both work at once with no separate impact so long as the lamp doesn't run out of oil.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 am

BB told me on the chat thhat the glow gem is the one which is automatically activated in dark areas IIRC.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 am

Um, what? Both the Lamp and GlowGem do that.

The only difference is that the GlowGem is infinite, while the Lamp isn't.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am

I meant if you have both in your inventory.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:31 am

Yzfm wrote:I meant if you have both in your inventory.
It makes more sense to me that the superior one is the one that gets activated.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:57 pm

If you have both lamp and glow gem in your inventory then the results of entering a dark area are this:

When first entering the dark area the lamp is automatically activated and the glow gem isn't activated, and the lamp timer is ticking down.
While the lamp is active if you click the glow gem in your inventory then that will be activated instead of the lamp and the lamp timer will stop ticking down.
While the glow gem is active if you click the lamp in your inventory then the lamp will be activated instead of the glow gem and the lamp timer will continue ticking down.
If the lamp timer reaches 0 then the lamp will deactivate and you will be in darkness and if you click on the lamp in your inventory then it will not activate.
If you click on the glow gem after the lamp timer has reached 0 then it will not activate just like the lamp.