Wonderland, the Feeling!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Wonderland, the Feeling!

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Maybe my timing is a little late since it all happened in Feb-Apr. A lot has happened since I last visited this place. It seems that many from the 2009-2013 generation have left because some say they no longer find the 'element' that attracted Wonderland to them, some say they have things to accomplish in life and that they don't have time for Wonderland while others say they don't belong to the current generation here. Many of them are sure to comeback and do something related to Wonderland someday and I'm confident of they will because of the 'Wonderland feel'.

I first played WSW in 2009 and then MOFI in 2010. I was in the forums first as a WA Designer 'GuppyStar' from 2010 itself. Then I was an all-round self-motivating 'DarkDrago' who lost interest in everything because nobody paid his works any attention. I gave up on Wonderland that time itself but the thing that brought me back were the nostalgic memories when I played WSW again for a little time. I came back as 'BlazeKnight' to experience wonderland again. Furthermore, looking at lots of cool adventures and my once unfinished hub aspired me to complete the hub.

My mind was set on completing the hub and gaining popularity at first. I continued to work on my hub that way and it was on that journey that I realized I had developed some kind of bond with wonderland. That was some powerful bond which made me love it in the process. Taking all the positive energy, I swore I'd love wonderland forever and even today, I love it because just looking at these forums for 5 minutes even after a break of 5 months made me feel happy and excited.

And that is why I know everybody who loved wonderland will come back someday! Wonderland is truly the most amazing feeling I've ever come across in my life. To me, wonderland isn't a game or an object, it's something more, it's something beautiful that you can experience only while playing or thinking about it. I'm sure every one of you will feel the same way about wonderland. In simple terms, it's tons of fun and excitement. Most people would have stayed here for 3-4 years designing and playing wonderland and they might have realized that in the process of staying here, they 'grew' up and had a lot of wonderful experiences.

In some time, they'll start missing wonderland and they'll know it. They'll be like 'Wonderland is boring, my expectations are over and I don't have time now' but eventually they'll realize the fact that they still love wonderland and the community for what it was 2-3 years before, that golden era of design and competition. I'm sure most people will agree that those days were the best and those who lived and experienced it would definitely have felt that. Feelings that come in an era stay only in that era and they are what makes that era special.

And... I just spoke what I felt in my heart about wonderland. It's the best feeling I've ever had... that excitement when you go to a new level, those thrilling chills behind your spine when you know a chomper's after you and you can't run away, the magnificent scenery and music in a jungle hill, the mysterious floing magic, the restlessness and urge to get EVERY coin in a level... all these feelings... these feelings are what comprise Wonderland. I still play to love it and love to play it although I'm not active here. Even if the others have quit the forums, the feeling of Wonderland will always be there in their hearts and that'll make them treasure it...

I'm kinda extremely grateful to Wonderland due to a bunch of reasons. It helped me grow up. It made me a designer here. It was lots of fun here. I found people like me (nobody in my college or negihbourhood know what all of us know) and I met so many great people here. Above all, I felt more secure that I had friends and people with me than in my area and... the best reason is I LOVE WONDERLAND!!!

Some people haven't realized this special bond with wonderland and some people have but everybody here whether active, inactive, sleeping or quitting loves it and all of us know that for certain. Even if people come and go out of here and tell if they no longer have fun or time here or not, our hearts still remain connected here as Wonderlanders.

I'm really excited to know how all of you feel about wonderland, how special it was, how it helped you and all your good and hearty experiences... I'm really excited to know and I'd like you to tell everyone too! I'm sure everyone likes wonderland in a unique way that's different from the common 'loving it' and 'enjoying it'. Please take a few moments to share your hearts out... It'll be so much fun as you write your story and know others' too...
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 pm

I love Wonderland, I enjoy Wonderland.

What words can I describe it? 10/10?

It's a part of my life I've passed through some time.

I've got the Collection CD, WA series, anything else about wonderland.
This game changed some of my way of life, many much.

I started loving puzzle/solving/skill games since I was 6. I think they can be used to increase in mind power. I've played WSW since I was 7, It's the first game I've played in the series. There are several difficult levels, so I visited the Game Hints/Solution links. After that, I tried WA1, It was very well done!
When I can use the mouse to link the game, It's exciting (that time)

And after I've finished the WA1, I also tried WA2, which was really making more funs for me, with extremely mind bending puzzle created with Magic Gloves! New magics, new excitement! At that time, I joined the forum (with my parents permission). At that time, the most interesting thing I thought is: TWC project Antonio announced. I was feeling extremely good when I have a time in my life to participate in a project, but I didn't do much things in the project, now it's dead, but nvm that.

But the Wonderland Classic and RTW, I've played after that, I interested for the new elements in RTW, Cool :stinkycool: !

I've also made my own levels in RTW, using Liz's model, VERY SORRY for using with no permission. I'm really sorry. :cry:

After that, I've waited three years, being inactive, playing other games, leaving this forum, and when I see the releasing date I've gone checked it. And FINISHING WA3 PERFECT WAY IN ONE WEEK. I just try try try to play it.

And now, today, there are more much thing to do with the editor, game, or softwares! :D
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Wonderful Wonderland!

Post by Jutomi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:53 pm

I really must say, Wonderland's probably my favorite game. :o

It helps my brain, it's really fun, it's magical, it has near uncountable possibilities,
can be absolutely beautiful yet hilarious...

It's probably my favorite game series. :mrgreen:

And do not need to worry about my "first hiatus"...

I already took that long ago. :)

Nice to see you again, Blaze; I must say, I have very alike perspectives
of this series of masterpieces Patrick has made. :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Blazeknight, you have absolutely nailed it.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:23 am

Nice to see you again, Jutomi, WonderlandKing and others :D :D :D

And yeah like Plurm said, 'wonderland was in a part of my life and it changed my way of life'... Pretty much what it did to me too. Wonderland was more of a place where I discovered myself kinda
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:11 am

Moved to General Wonderland Discussion, as it's probably more appropriate here.
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 am

I was coming on the forum, first time in months and I was looking at the meet and greet section..

It makes me sad. This community has really changed my life. :cry:

I don't think that it's a problem with Wonderland getting boring. Because you could just post in the off topic section. I don't know for sure what the problem is, but I haven't been active myself. Why? No clue..

But I guess it's not the same anymore. And it makes me sad. What I noticed is some people from this community play Toontown Rewritten. And that's a great thing to notice because you can (kind of) still keep in touch.

But I cry nevertheless, and what is Epigame?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:20 pm

bround wrote:But I cry nevertheless, and what is Epigame?
Nice to see you again, Bround! Epigam is a forum for Game Maker game makers. Most people from this forum migrated to there.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:15 pm

bround wrote:I don't think that it's a problem with Wonderland getting boring. Because you could just post in the off topic section. I don't know for sure what the problem is, but I haven't been active myself. Why? No clue...
That was the problem for me. I posted in the off-topic too much (in my own opinion) and didn't really contribute enough to the forums so I kinda disappeared. See my post count? I'm willing to bet most of it is in the Off-Topic section. I took my discussion elsewhere (e.g. Epigam). I'm... sort of back? I never really officially left, but, uh... yeah. Another part of it is I felt guilty for being a punky little kid a few years ago, but I've sort of gotten over that at least.
I mean, it's not like I don't like Wonderland. Wonderland's a great game. I still play it (I made that lame Sunken Spring level a few months back) and stuff.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Another part of it is I felt guilty for being a punky little kid a few years ago, but I've sort of gotten over that at least.
Reminds me of those days when I was such a kid as Dark Drago... We used to pick on each other most times and stuff. Thinking back about three years ago... I kinda smile now thinking what a kid I was back then... Good old memories... :)

Yup! That's another good thing about wonderland. It was like a central core that made me grow up
Happy to Help!