Your average video game topic

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Guess what made it to steam?

Yes, mighty No. 9 is more than 3 months away. Some people are already questioning why isn't it sued by Capcom, simple answer: it's not called Megaman anymore, it's Mighty No. 9; it is true, there are too many identical features in the game compared to the original Megaman video games, but as long as it stands on a different title, capcom can't do anything about it. (Don't forget that it is also being lead by the original creator of the Megaman series, he left his job in capcom and started his own company).
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 pm

I saw it reach Steam. I checked the discussions and all the people who post there are trolls who either are opposed to the existence of the game, or just plain triggering hate conversations. Anyway, regarding that suing thing, Capcom can't sue unless something that was registered, trademarked, or patented got stolen. And it's not like they care, the creator and director of Mega Man, the only person who really cares, left Capcom.

Anyway, other than that, I built myself a new awesome computer, and I got the chance to play all those games that I couldn't play before. Psychonauts was simply amazing, Rogue Legacy is also a great game, although I tried Goat Simulator, and it left me with such an unpleasant feeling (a game intentionally bad) that I decided to ask Steam for a refund, even though I only paid 3$, just to get it out of my library. Sorry if you liked it.

I also bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Steam. So far, I think that the game is amazing, although the characters are a little bit too hypersexualized in my opinion. It's a little expensive for 20$ though, I think 15$ is a more reasonable price.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Papa's Gameria Topic

Post by loofisawesome » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm

I don't know if anyone has even heard of these games, so I'll explain:

There are these games called Papa's Gamerias, and they are really fun and addicting. They're developed by a group called Flipline Studios.

So, go try them out!
Last edited by loofisawesome on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Papa's Gameria Topic

Post by garirry » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:01 pm

loofisawesome wrote:I don't know if anyone has even heard of these games, so I'll explain:

There are these games called Papa's Gamerias, and they are really fun and addicting. They're developed by a group called Flipline Studios.

There are currently eleven games right now and I'm playing two of them:

Papa's Donuteria (started this in May):
Day: 55
Holiday: Valentine's Day

Papa's Cheeseria (started this a few days ago):
Day: 14
Holiday: Cinco de Mayo

So, go try them out!
I remember... I remember playing Papa's Pizza (or something like that) when a was a kid (probably 5 years ago!). I'll see if it's still there just to play it.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 pm

It's called Papa's Pizzeria. All the games end in ia.
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

loofisawesome wrote:It's called Papa's Pizzeria. All the games end in ia.
Yes, right. However, I found out that the game I played as a kid was "Papa Louie: When Pizza Attacks!". It's pretty nostalgic playing it again. :)
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 pm

I just started playing Mario and Luigi: Dream team again, and
garriry wrote:it's pretty nostalgic playing it again.
You posed dramatically.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Just finished Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. That final boss was a lot harder than any of the others - three of the five Game Overs I got during the entire playthrough were during that boss. Well, I guess it's time to finally start on A Link to the Past.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:23 pm

LittleZbot wrote:Just finished Kirby & the Amazing Mirror.
This is my favorite Kirby game, nice job completing it! Did you get 100%? :wink:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
DerpzSpycrab
Gold Wonderlander

Post by DerpzSpycrab » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:45 am

There's now a trailer for Terraria 1.3's content. It's just beautiful and I have no words for it.

I can't wait for it to come out in a week! :lol:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Fascenterraria

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 am

Oh... wow. :shock:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 am

jdl wrote:
This is my favorite Kirby game, nice job completing it! Did you get 100%? :wink:
89%. There's no way I'll be able to find some of those chests without a walkthrough. :P

To all you GBA and DS Gamers (particularly GBA), any recommendations? I like to work on at least one portable game and one console/PC game at a time. Before Amazing Mirror, I was working on Monster Tale, but my DS stopped working, so I shelved it (it's working now). After A Link to the Past and the probable 30 minutes I have left of Monster Tale, I'll need some more games to tide me over. Suggestions?

jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 am

LittleZbot wrote:
jdl wrote:
89%. There's no way I'll be able to find some of those chests without a walkthrough. :P
There's actually a very easy way to tell where everything is. If you open your map and see a yellow square that isn't glowing, that means there's still something to get in that room. If it's a glowing yellow square, that means the room is complete. Orange squares mean that the room is unexplored.
LittleZbot wrote:To all you GBA and DS Gamers (particularly GBA), any recommendations?
There's also Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland for gba. It's basically a remake of Kirby's Adventure for the NES.
And if you've got good rhythm I really suggest you check out the Rhythm Heaven series. There's a GBA, DS, Wii, and 3DS game. The gba game never made it outside of Japan so if you want to play it you'll have to order it online. The 3DS game just came out recently so nobody knows if it's getting localized yet but I assume it will be.
Last edited by jdl on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:05 pm

LittleZbot wrote:To all you GBA and DS Gamers (particularly GBA), any recommendations? I like to work on at least one portable game and one console/PC game at a time. Before Amazing Mirror, I was working on Monster Tale, but my DS stopped working, so I shelved it (it's working now). After A Link to the Past and the probable 30 minutes I have left of Monster Tale, I'll need some more games to tide me over. Suggestions?
There's Pokemon Emerald, an amazing game, there's also Mega Man Zero (1-4) and Mega Man Battle Network (1-6), the latter one being an RPG, I haven't played it yet. Zero though is very hard and story-wise confusing unless you have played at least a few earlier games.

That's about as much as I know about GBA. Let me know if you need suggestions for DS games.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:51 pm

jdl wrote:
LittleZbot wrote:
jdl wrote:
There's actually a very easy way to tell where everything is. If you open your map and see a yellow square that isn't glowing, that means there's still something to get in that room. If it's a glowing yellow square, that means the room is complete. Orange squares mean that the room is unexplored.
Okay, thanks! Now I just have to find the map for Mustard Mountain...
jdl wrote:
LittleZbot wrote:To all you GBA and DS Gamers (particularly GBA), any recommendations?
There's also Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland for gba. It's basically a remake of Kirby's Adventure for the NES.
Yeah, I've been considering getting that. I've beaten the original four times, but I've heard the remake is much better. If I do get it I'll probably get two copies so both me and my brother can play.
jdl wrote:And if you've got good rhythm I really suggest you check out the Rhythm Heaven series. There's a GBA, DS, Wii, and 3DS game. The gba game never made it outside of Japan so if you want to play it you'll have to order it online. The 3DS game just came out recently so nobody knows if it's getting localized yet but I assume it will be.
I've heard of those. I can probably find the Wii one on ebay for a good deal (the Wii games are going for pretty cheap now that the Wii U is out).
garirry wrote:There's Pokemon Emerald, an amazing game
I really wish I was allowed to play Pokemon games - even though my parents have gotten a bit more relaxed with the games I can play, still no Pokemon. Guess they don't like the idea of little creatures beating each other to the death.
garirry wrote:there's also Mega Man Zero (1-4) and Mega Man Battle Network (1-6), the latter one being an RPG, I haven't played it yet. Zero though is very hard and story-wise confusing unless you have played at least a few earlier games.
I've had the first and second Zero games recommended to me a few times I'll have to check them out.

Thank you, everybody!

In other news, I couldn't be more excited for Terraria 1.3

garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:40 pm

LittleZbot wrote:I've heard of those. I can probably find the Wii one on ebay for a good deal (the Wii games are going for pretty cheap now that the Wii U is out).
I bought mine in September last year brand new for just 20$ off eBay. It even came with one of those Club Nintendo paper thingies, not that it matters anymore since it's going down in less than a week.
LittleZbot wrote:I really wish I was allowed to play Pokemon games - even though my parents have gotten a bit more relaxed with the games I can play, still no Pokemon. Guess they don't like the idea of little creatures beating each other to the death.
Quite sad. I have read that in the Pokemon topic, I would have hoped that your parents would let you play after two years.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:36 am

I just got two new Wii games, both with 50 coin unused Club Nintendo inserts. I really wish I could use them, because I want Smash Bros. 64.

garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:13 am

RIP Club Nintendo. Also, Mega Man Legend has returned! :D Click Here!
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:49 pm

95% Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, over halfway through A Link to the Past, and grabbed Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for when I finish it.

loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Has anybody here played a Pushmo game?
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 pm

loofisawesome wrote:Has anybody here played a Pushmo game?
I have, I got it for free from Club Nintendo. It's pretty fun.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 am

Got Mario Party 10 today. I can't play it at the moment, because I'm at Colorado at my grandparents' and my Wii U is at home.
You posed dramatically.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 pm

If you could recommend any single RPG, what would it be? I've experienced the wonders of Chrono Trigger, the Dragon Quest series, and the Mario & Luigi series and am looking for something more (no Pokemon, though).

garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 am

LittleZbot wrote:If you could recommend any single RPG, what would it be? I've experienced the wonders of Chrono Trigger, the Dragon Quest series, and the Mario & Luigi series and am looking for something more (no Pokemon, though).
I've heard good things about Mega Man Battle Network. Yeah, that's like the only franchise I played for the past year or so.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

The impossibility of this video has stunned me so much that I'm having a hard time processing its awesomeness.

Someone made a single segment Nightmare! speed run for Doom... on Plutonia Experiment.

To put things into perspective: Doom and Doom 2 Nightmare! single segment runs have existed for quite some time. For Plutonia, this is a first. In fact, no one has ever done this for 19 years until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBUYWIZUpE

I'm too stunned for further words.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:28 pm

LittleZbot wrote:If you could recommend any single RPG, what would it be?
I'd have to go with Fire Emblem, but I've been trying to get everyone into the series recently so I guess I'm a bit biased, hehe.

It's a tactical-strategy RPG where you have to control the units in your party wisely for all of them to survive. All of the games are based around medieval-esque war scenarios, so your units and enemies use swords, lances, axes, bows, and magic as weapons. It's a really great series if you wish to give it a chance.

There's Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii, FE: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube, and the most recent one, FE: Awakening for the 3DS. Awakening is the most beginner friendly, so I suggest you start with that one if you have a 3DS.

I suggest you look up some gameplay videos/trailers beforehand so you can determine if you'd enjoy the games or not. :p
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:04 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:
I'd have to go with Fire Emblem, but I've been trying to get everyone into the series recently so I guess I'm a bit biased, hehe.

It's a tactical-strategy RPG where you have to control the units in your party wisely for all of them to survive. All of the games are based around medieval-esque war scenarios, so your units and enemies use swords, lances, axes, bows, and magic as weapons. It's a really great series if you wish to give it a chance.

There's Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii, FE: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube, and the most recent one, FE: Awakening for the 3DS. Awakening is the most beginner friendly, so I suggest you start with that one if you have a 3DS.

I suggest you look up some gameplay videos/trailers beforehand so you can determine if you'd enjoy the games or not. :p
I've heard quite a bit about the Fire Emblem franchise, and intended to start on it eventually. Maybe now would be a good time to do so. Have you played any of the GBA ones? I'm not sure if I should start with those or Awakening.

I also have a copy of Mercenary Kings, if anyone wants it. It's rated M, so I won't be playing it. I can PM you the Steam key.

Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Battle for Wesnoth is a free, open-source PC tactical RPG that's quite fun.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:37 am

LittleZbot wrote:I also have a copy of Mercenary Kings, if anyone wants it. It's rated M, so I won't be playing it. I can PM you the Steam key.
I'm interested in trying it.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:09 pm

PM'd.

I've 100% completed A Link to the Past, and am currently halfway through Minish Cap. After that, I'll borrow Superstar Saga and play that, then it's on to Fire Emblem.