Robert the Completionist - Classic Trilogy 100% (Redo)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Robert the Completionist - Classic Trilogy 100% (Redo)

Post by RoberTime » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:23 pm

I remember doing this years ago, however, failed to continue for reasons unclear. I've decided to start anew with my progress through the three classic games, for I am a completionist!

I have to work my way through the three games - Wonderland, Return, and Secret Worlds - as well as collect all bonus coins for 100%. First I'll beat the levels Any%, then go for the bonuses. I have also forgotten most of the solutions given that it's been years since I touched these games, so it's just like I'm back at square one.

I have already cleared the first three worlds of Wonderland before erecting this topic. I plan to post more updates to my progress as I make it, like a log. I'll also share my thoughts of the current progress I've made in each update. These updates may all be major and infrequent to avoid spam, etc..

Key - Red: World incomplete - Green: World complete any% - Yellow: World complete 100%

WONDERLAND
Training Grounds
Water Palace
Winter in Wonderland
Halls of Undermountain
Top of the World
Desert Cities
Spaced Out
Mixed Up Stinky and Loof
Heart of the Volcano
Jade Temple

RETURN TO WONDERLAND
Tutorial 1
Tutorial 2
Back in the Swing of Things
Temple of Fire
Haunted Castle
Robot City
Secret Garden
Atlantis
Underwonderworld
Retro Gaming
Edge of Space and Time
Full Circle
It's a Mystery
Under the Foggy Mountains
Qookie's Cottage
Wondertown
And Then There Were Three
Rescue in Space
Secret Passages
End of the Rainbow
Platinum Set

WONDERLAND SECRET WORLDS
Stinky's Cove
Windy Hills
Wondertown
Plains
Creepy Keep
Foggy Mountains
Fire Island
Volcano
Forever Forest
Wasteland
The Void
Cloud City
Stinker Rescue
Last edited by RoberTime on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:12 pm

As any Wonderlander can tell you, that's quite the endeavor! :) I wish you luck!
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 am

Did I mention I was close to beating Wonderland and closer to 100%-ing all of RTW? I was literally one level away to 100%. Curse One Last Hurrah...

Oh and by the way, I need to start over Wonderland and redo the first three worlds. I accidentally put my game folders in Program Files on my (somewhat) new Win10 laptop, and then into My Documents, deleting my profile. Well then...
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 am

Ahh, the memories... I still have very fond memories of me playing these games back in 2008, I believe. Secret Worlds was my first wonderland game, and I still remember my first time beating the game from start to finish today. I then got RTW. After that, I got WA: MoFI & WA. Then, I got the first Wonderland. Then I got the WA Editor. Lastly, I got WA: PoTZ & WA3E When it came out. In the Classic Trilogy, my favorite game is either WSW or RTW.
My favorite game from the WA trilogy is either WA: MoFI or WA: PoTZ. More likely to be WA: PoTZ.

I wish you lucky luck on this... journey redone!
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 am

I was very completionist about WSW because it was the most visually pleasing game of the genre that I'd ever seen, but it took me a while to finish WA and MoFI fully because they were just so big.

I feel like I'm the only one here who's actually played OW, but my copy was one of the glitchy ones so I never fully finished it. Also, I think OW was the hardest of all the games, as simple as it was back then, so that demotivated me a lot when I was younger.

I'm going for your binge-play nonetheless, RoberTime.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 pm

OW? Do you mean the original Wonderland (TOW)? I'm sorry, I'm honestly just confused.

FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:18 pm

LittleZbot wrote:OW? Do you mean the original Wonderland (TOW)? I'm sorry, I'm honestly just confused.
I think he just means The Original Wonderland (TOW), but said OW, which would probably mean Original Wonderland.

@Wonderman109: WA & MoFI took a while for me to complete too, but I finished PoTZ in 4 days. It's funny how it takes a few months to complete the first two games but the third game is basically speedruning when you complete it in four days compared to a few months.

I was also VERY Completionist on WSW, as that was my first Wonderland game.
Cheese!

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:26 am

Oh. Well, if he did, then he isn't the only one here to have played it; not only did I play it, I've beaten it twice. Probably my least favorite of the Wonderland Games, but what can you expect; they took a good thing and kept adding more to it.

rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:44 am

I'm a completionist too. Earlier this year, I 100%ed Wonderland Adventures and, more recently - I believe within the last few months - I 100%ed The Original Wonderland. Before that, I have managed (multiple times, by deleting my profile and replaying to this point) all Bonus Coins in the Return To Wonderland Classic Level Set with the exception of the last few in World 10: Full Circle - Level 10: One Last Hurrah. See, I know where they are, but they are EXTREMELY hard to get. I plan on trying again eventually, but.... Anyways, good luck with your 100% run!
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:21 am

Nov 21 - After semi-hiatus/on-and-off work on Halls of Undermountain, I have finally cleared the annoyance that was "The Corridor". Top of the World was pretty easy, given that it was mostly simple and that there are only five levels. I'll begin Desert Cities another day.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:51 am

Nov 24 - Made good progress through World 6 of Wonderland. I have the last two levels to deal with, but I'll do them on my next session. Separation Anxiety was stressful as one pixel of screw-up and it's all over, but I've finished Loof's section in one. Also I loved the thrill of Raiders of the Lost Coins as the coin room was quite beefy on planning and thinking trying to push the steel block through.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Now I want to play the WA Trilogy again and try to 100% it... Yay!

I also feel like doing the Classic Trilogy again and try to 100% it. Yay!
Cheese!

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:20 am

Nov 25 - At Mid-Day I have finished the last two Desert Cities levels. Zipped through the Spaced Out world having cleared the majority of the levels in one. Now I'm in World 8, Mixed Up Stinky and Loof, and I have one more level left, which would be The Crazy Box Factory. If I remember correctly, it goes by it's name: Crazy.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:27 am

Nov 27 - I actually made a bit of progress on the 26th, where I cleared Mixed Up Stinky and Loof and did a few levels of Heart of the Volcano. This afternoon I kept going with that world and finishing it up. Then made it to the Jade Temple and did one level before ending my session. I chose "Let's Go For A Walk" before I ended my session because it was pretty straight-forward. I came back tonight and did seven more Jade Temple levels.

I have two more levels left. They are You Go First and One Last For The Road. I haven't did One Last For The Road yet, but You Go First had me stumped for the time being. Please, no hints!
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Nov 28 - Wonderland has been beaten!

I finished You Go First at mid-day having missing one thing I missed completely. Which means One Last For The Road was remaining. And I spent the late afternoon going through it. It was quite a hot feat finishing it. The room with the Kabooms and the blue teleporter really got me. But I have finished the whole game any% after owning it for three years! (Not including playground and bonus)

I am going to do Secret Worlds next. I could go for Return to Wonderland and re-beat it, but it's already beaten as per my Backloggery. I remember stopping near the end of the Volcano, but I may have missed the fact that not all levels must be played in order to beat the game. Is that true?
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:44 pm

RoberTime wrote:Nov 28 - Wonderland has been beaten!

I finished You Go First at mid-day having missing one thing I missed completely. Which means One Last For The Road was remaining. And I spent the late afternoon going through it. It was quite a hot feat finishing it. The room with the Kabooms and the blue teleporter really got me. But I have finished the whole game any% after owning it for three years! (Not including playground and bonus)

I am going to do Secret Worlds next. I could go for Return to Wonderland and re-beat it, but it's already beaten as per my Backloggery. I remember stopping near the end of the Volcano, but I may have missed the fact that not all levels must be played in order to beat the game. Is that true?
As far as I remember, no, you don't need to beat every level, but you need to beat every rainbow star level to beat the game.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:52 am

(And of course, the rainbow star levels are the hardest).
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Timecrokba wrote:
RoberTime wrote:Nov 28 - Wonderland has been beaten!

As far as I remember, no, you don't need to beat every level, but you need to beat every rainbow star level to beat the game.
I don't consider the game beaten until all the Rainbow Star levels and The Final level in the game is beaten.
Wonderman109 wrote:(And of course, the rainbow star levels are the hardest).
Spoiler Alert? I'm not sure, but read below with caution anyway!

This is true, but the one I found outside Wondertown isn't that hard, you just need to think a bit more than the other levels inside Wondertown. The other Rainbow Star levels are harder than that one. The one that's in the cave a bit farther out from WT (Wondertown), is definitely harder than the one by the Windmill.
Cheese!

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Dec 20 - I actually neglected to make a post-update about the first few levels of Secret Worlds. Somewhere between my previous update and now, I had cleared all Stinky's Cove levels. The night of December 20th, I have cleared all Windy Hills and Temple Ruins levels, and have gotten all but the eastern section of Wondertown.

I don't know about you, but these levels seem to be easier than the ones I design, but I'm not going to let that fool me. I'll be ready when that pesky difficulty slope increases.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 am

Feb 16th - WSW was finally conquered!

I was once again lazy to make updates to my progress, but on this first half of February, I went from Wondertown to the end of the game. It was stressful, it was scary, it was frustrating, but I'm glad it was over... for now.

I remember stopping at the Volcano years ago, probably because I couldn't beat this one level. But I realized that not all levels are required to beat the game. The only ones required are gold star levels to pay gate tolls, and every rainbow star level. Which means even though the Void levels are really tough, I only had to do the Escape level.

Stinker Rescue, though... Once I unlocked it this afternoon, my brain was melting, until, with close close observation, as well as careful prediction, etc. I had beaten it this evening. Man, that level was like 47 levels in one. Good that It's out of the way.

By the way, on the attempt before the one that made the victory, look what happened. I had a feeling of screaming like Michael P (But I couldn't because people were asleep)
Attachments
EPIC FAIL.jpg
EPIC FAIL.jpg (219.96 KiB) Viewed 15142 times
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Re: Robert the Completionist - Classic Trilogy 100% (Redo)

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm

the original wonderland adventures was the first wonderland game i played. this is the order

wonderland adventures
secret worlds
original wonderland
return to wonderland
mofi
potz
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Congrats on winning all the games, but that probably wasn't worth the bump.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 pm

no the only on i have 100% is the orignal wonderland adventures. but yes i have finshed the end of every game. how was i bumping the thread
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 pm
how was i bumping the thread
It was last posted to on February 17, 2017. 1 year, 4 months and 12 days have passed since then. How is this not a bump.

I'm totally cool with bumping topics to add important, interesting, useful and most importantly relevant information to the previous discussion, but most of the time it's better to start a new topic.
What you typed was not incredibly important, not at all relevant and only slightly interesting, so it would've been a much better idea to start a new topic.
This topic is for RoberTime to announce his progress in replaying the old games. He has since finished all three games, rendering this topic fairly useless as far as new posts are concerned. I cannot think of anything important enough that absolutely needs to be tacked onto the end of this topic, even if it was posted by RoberTime himself.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

really sorry. next time i will start a new topic