WA Editor - Downloads, Archives, Guides, and more

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

WA Editor - Downloads, Archives, Guides, and more

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm

1. Downloads

The Wonderland Adventures Editor is now available in multiple formats for free download. If you download multiple versions, it is recommended to install each in a separate folder.

Note: the files have been last updated September 4th 2018. You may find more recent versions updated by other users on this forum.

a) WA Editor v3.00 with Archive (recommended download)

This version includes the original WA Editor v3.00, as well as the WAE Archive created by Aryan101 (which includes all Custom Adventures and Hubs created up to August 2018) and a compilation of manual and tutorial files. Note: this version does not include the Modded Adventures or the Paradise Quest hub (see separate downloads below).

Download is available as either a zip file: Download Zip File
or an installer executable: Download Installer Exe File

b) WA Editor v3.00 Stand-alone

This is the original download version of the WA Editor v3.00. Use this version if you do not for some reason wish to have the Archive or Manuals installed.

Download Zip File

c) WA Editor with v1.05 WonderPlus Mod

This is the original WA Editor v3.00 with the WonderPlus Mod (by cooldudepoke) as well as a set of modded adventures collected by Aryan101.

Ensure to install this in a separate folder from the original WA Editor, as it will overwrite earlier files.

For more information on the WonderPlus Mod, visit http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27106

Download Zip File

d) WA Paradise Quest Hub

This is a huge Hub with 161 Adventures created by Blazeknight. Since this version mods some of the original WAEditor files, this is put together as a complete download with all files.

Ensure to install this in a separate folder from the original WA Editor, as it will overwrite earlier files.

For more information on Paradise Quest, visit http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25934

Download Zip File

2. Manuals and Guides - Separate Download

This is a collection of several PDF Files. Note that all of these are already included in Version (a) above.

Download Zip File

It includes a tutorial guide created by Aryan101, as well as an offline PDF version of Emerald141's guide.
(For the online version, visit http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 34&t=26921 )

Note also that the old version of the editor had a set of tutorials at http://midnightsynergy.com/adventures/editor/ While many details have changed, some of the overall structure remains the same. Please do not use the download links at that page, as it points to the old version of the editor.

3. Wonderland Adventures Archive - Separate Download

This is a collection of adventures and hubs collected by Aryan101 as a separate download (i.e. if you did not download it as part of the above versions already). It contains the new adventures and hubs, as well as separate folders for Paradise Quest and the WonderPlus Mod.

For notes and installation instructions, visit http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 34&t=27658

4. Wonderland Adventures Official Community Builds

As you my know, the Wonderland Adventures Editor is now an open source project. The community has been busily adding new features and bug-fixes. To grab the latest versions of the project, visit:

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27821
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: WA Editor - Downloads, Archives, Guides, and more

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 am

Alright, I don't know if it's the only one or not... But the version of anklejbiter's custom adventure "Get to the star!" included in the editor with the archive is broken. Upon going to the second room, you die instantly, and upon looking up the level and redownloading it (which it apparently had an issue at some point and a new version was uploaded) fixed it. I thought, maybe, I should say something...
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 am

rainbowgamer wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 am
Alright, I don't know if it's the only one or not... But the version of anklejbiter's custom adventure "Get to the star!" included in the editor with the archive is broken. Upon going to the second room, you die instantly, and upon looking up the level and redownloading it (which it apparently had an issue at some point and a new version was uploaded) fixed it. I thought, maybe, I should say something...
I am not sure how that happened... As it seems I joined the forum after the adventure was fixed and the archive was also created more later. This means the fixed adventure should be in the archive, but according to you, it isn't. I can't update the archive now due to some real life problems... I will try to see that in a week or so.
Previously known as Aryan101
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:35 am

Aryan101 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 am
rainbowgamer wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 am
I am not sure how that happened... As it seems I joined the forum after the adventure was fixed and the archive was also created more later. This means the fixed adventure should be in the archive, but according to you, it isn't. I can't update the archive now due to some real life problems... I will try to see that in a week or so.
Silly me! I already found that problem before you but forgot it. Don't worry, now it will be fixed in July 2018 update of the archive. (now I will be releasing monthly updates)
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 pm

New Updates, incorporating Aryan's August Update. Many thanks to him again for doing this!

This will be the final version of the Archive updated on the main server for a while (and also the version going on the upcoming new DVD collection). See the final link in the original post for Aryan's current thread, in case you wish to update to newer versions if available.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 am

I have 5 adventures but only 4 are present. This viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27685 Adventure is not present.
And i have problem with the editor.exe. When i start it i got errror "Unable to set graphics mode"
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am

Could be a mistake, sorry.
I will add it in next update, but that adventure will not be in the DVD. (If you would have told me before, then it could be done in time)
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

don't worry and what dvd ?
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am

The new Midnight Synergy Games Collection DVD will be releasing soon (but not now!) which will incorporate this archive.

About your editor problem:
My editor works perfectly. Check whether the DirectPlay feature in Windows Features is enabled or not. Also, you should try re-extracting/re-installing the editor.
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:24 pm

do the links not work for anyone else? when i try to open the download links, they just close automatically or take me to a blank screen.

edit: the rtw archive works fine, even thought it's in the same domain.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:48 pm

sodapop! wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:24 pm
do the links not work for anyone else? when i try to open the download links, they just close automatically or take me to a blank screen.

edit: the rtw archive works fine, even thought it's in the same domain.
The links work fine for me. Try temporarily disabling your adblocker (if you're using one) or try the links in a different browser.
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:29 pm

jdl wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:48 pm
The links work fine for me. Try temporarily disabling your adblocker (if you're using one) or try the links in a different browser.
turns out it did work on a different browser! seems the website doesn't agree with google chrome for some reason. thank you!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:27 pm

The "WA Editor v3.00 with Archive" links are HTTP links rather than HTTPS links, and that makes most modern web browsers struggle with downloading it. Hopefully someone can fix that? Not sure if any moderators can edit the post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:01 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:27 pm
The "WA Editor v3.00 with Archive" links are HTTP links rather than HTTPS links, and that makes most modern web browsers struggle with downloading it. Hopefully someone can fix that? Not sure if any moderators can edit the post.
The link would need to be changed, no?
If an updated link can simply be posted, it can be posted in a reply here.
Any mods around?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:14 pm

Mods are unable to do anything in this subforum unfortunately.
I used the report post function so hopefully Patrick will be alerted of it and take care of it.
In the meantime, just copy the links you're having issues with into your address bar and change http:// to https://.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 am

Ah well, that's a shame + is what I've been doing anyway for one. Thanks for the update and check though.