Moving a Saved Game

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

john1013
Silver Wonderlander

Moving a Saved Game

Post by john1013 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:09 am

How do I move a saved game from one computer to another without having to start over? Sorry if this has been asked already, I couldn't find a thread.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Moving a Saved Game

Post by garirry » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 am

Access the game's install directory (typically in Program Files or Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit OS), and find a text file named 'localsaveon' or 'localsaveoff'. In the file isn't there then pretend it's the latter. If it's 'localsaveon', then enter the address %localappdata% in your Windows Explorer title bar, go to the Midnight Synergy folder, and find your game's folder. Then copy that to the target computer (I recommend opening the game once first just to be sure of the proper directories). If it's 'localsaveoff' (or you're playing WA or an earlier game, in which case the file won't be there), then stay in the program directory and just copy either the Players or UserData directory. Make sure the localsave setting is the same on both platforms, otherwise copying everything properly could be difficult and I don't even remember well how to do it exactly.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 pm

john1013 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:09 am
How do I move a saved game from one computer to another without having to start over? Sorry if this has been asked already, I couldn't find a thread.
I don't know if you can copy a save or not, but you can copy a player from one computer to another computer. I'm giving you the steps on how to MOVE A PLAYER, not a save, since if you'll move a player, you'll have all the game saves without having to start over again.

HOW TO MOVE A PLAYER FROM ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER?
Firstly, you need to know the name of the WA game from which you have to move the save. It should be WA1 (Wonderland Adventures), MOFI (Mysteries of Fire Island) or POTZ(Planet of the Z-bots).

NOW READ SOME OF THE TERMS YOU NEED
Source computer: This is the computer from which you have to copy a player.
Destination computer: This is the computer to which you have to paste the player.

Then follow the steps based on the game you have.

IF YOU HAVE WA1
In the source computer:
1. Open the folder in which you have installed the game.
2. You'll find the "Player" folder. Inside that folder, find the folder matching the player profile name which you want to copy. For example, if your player profile name which you want to copy is "John", then find the folder named "John".
3. Copy that folder and paste it on a location which you can access from another computer. (like, for e.g a flash drive or a network location)

In the destination computer:
1. Copy the player folder from the location you pasted the folder (in step 3 above).
2. Go to the folder in which you have installed the game.
3. Open the "Players" folder and paste the copied folder.

IF YOU HAVE MOFI OR POTZ
In the source computer:
2. Look for a folder named "GameData". Now you will have any one of these two cases
Case 1 - The GameData folder exists.
Case 2 - The GameData folder is not there.
3. Now follow the steps according to the case listed above.
If you have case 1 -
a. Open the GameData folder and again open the "Player Profiles" folder.
b. Find the folder matching the player profile name which you want to copy. For example, if your player profile name which you want to copy is "John", then find the folder named "John".
c. Copy that folder and paste it on a location which you can access from another computer. (like, for e.g a flash drive or a network location)
If you have case 2 -
a. Type "%localappdata%" in the Windows Explorer address bar without the quotes and press enter.
b. Find the "Midnight Synergy" folder and open it.
c. Open the "WA MOFI" or "WA POTZ" folder depending on the game, and then open the "Player Profiles" folder.
d. Find the folder matching the player profile name which you want to copy. For example, if your player profile name which you want to copy is "John", then find the folder named "John".
e. Copy that folder and paste it on a location which you can access from another computer. (like, for e.g a flash drive or a network location)

1. Copy the player folder from the location you pasted the folder (in step 3 and point c from either of the cases above).
3. Look for a folder named "GameData". Now you will have any one of these two cases
Case 1 - The GameData folder exists.
Case 2 - The GameData folder is not there.
4. Now as per the case you have, follow the steps accordingly.
If you have case 1 -
a. Open the GameData folder and again open the "Player Profiles" folder.
b. Paste the copied folder.
If you have case 2 -
a. Type "%localappdata%" in the Windows Explorer address bar without the quotes and press enter.
b. Find the "Midnight Synergy" folder and open it.
c. Open the "WA MOFI" or "WA POTZ" folder depending on the game, and then open the "Player Profiles" folder.
d. Paste the copied folder.

IF YOU HAVE WA EDITOR
In the source computer:
2. You'll find the "UserData" folder. Inside that folder, open the "Player Profiles" folder.
3. Find the folder matching the player profile name which you want to copy. For example, if your player profile name which you want to copy is "John", then find the folder named "John".
4. Copy that folder and paste it on a location which you can access from another computer. (like, for e.g a flash drive or a network location)

1. Copy the player folder from the location you pasted the folder (in step 3 above).
3. Open the "UserData" folder, then the "Player Profiles" folder and paste the copied folder.

Hope it works! :)
Aryan
Last edited by Lazy Loof on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previously known as Aryan101
john1013
Silver Wonderlander

Post by john1013 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Once again Aryan, you are awesome! That worked perfectly. I was playing on my sons computer and he has build 1803, then I bought a new computer with the same build (I will not be updating either) and I didn't want to start over. Again, thank you so much. :P
Lisa