New Hub - Trip to Nowhere (DEMO RELEASED)

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

New Hub - Trip to Nowhere (DEMO RELEASED)

Post by |Cookie| » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:27 pm

WELL WELL WELL...
This is a project I started months ago only to stop working on it after a while. Recently, I replayed it, I thought that it wasn't that bad, and so I
decided to continue it.

Here's a download link!

How to install:
- Place the textures in the "Level textures" folder inside your custom texture folder.
- Place the hub inside your "Hubs" folder.
- Create a "CUSTOM" folder and place the blue butterfly inside it.
- Enjoy!

So, what is this hub about? Well, just try it and see for yourself. :wink:
There are 16 adventures in the demo, with 24 wlvs in the hub, the difficulty is between very easy and meh, since you know... There are only 16 adventures.
Please tell me your opinions. :P
And good luck!

ADVENTURES' PROGRESS CHART:
WETLANDS: 100% COMPLETED (9/9)
WETLANDS TOWN: 100% COMPLETED (2/2)
THE TEMPLE: 66% COMPLETED (2/3)
SNOWY AREA: 100% COMPLETED (6/6)
JUNGLE: 100% COMPLETED (6/6)
JUNGLE (WEST): 60% COMPLETED (4/5)...

OTHER: 33% COMPLETED (1/3)

OVERALL: 29 ADVENTURES COMPLETED. (4 were scrapped)

HUB'S PROGRESS CHART:
WLVS: 46
DIALOGS: 42
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by |Cookie| on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

Hi! I haven't playing too many adventures recently, but I thought I could give this hub a try. Here are my thoughts:

The difficulty curve is great: From baby steps to a promising challenge, you managed to keep the difficulty gradient progressively, I salute you for that! :)

The story is good, but the demo ended it perfectly: I suppose the statement explains itself. The story is alright, and the demo created an adequate open ending.

No bugs, some Typos though: Check out your dialogs and re-improvise them, I already sent you some errors in private, but I don't think that may be all of them.

Overall: A fun hub, with a great cliffhanger: That's all I have to say, goodluck with the full version! :D
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:27 pm

ab-47 wrote:No bugs, some Typos though: Check out your dialogs and re-improvise them, I already sent you some errors in private, but I don't think that may be all of them.
Weland... WELAND... best typo
Thanks for the post! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I will be sure to fix those mistakes. :D

Also, I added pictures to the first post, it's probably better this way.
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 pm

I played through the demo, and I have to say, I loved it. The difficulty aspect was actually really well done... almost every level had some neat trick that took me a minute to figure out - and I have to confess, I was (and still am) stumped by a couple of the limited magic puzzles. And the storyline is intriguing, to say the least... :twisted: Do continue. :D

My one beef with the hub is that there were a bit too many glowworms for my taste... but hey, that's just me. :P
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:43 am

Wonderland King wrote:I played through the demo, and I have to say, I loved it. The difficulty aspect was actually really well done... almost every level had some neat trick that took me a minute to figure out - and I have to confess, I was (and still am) stumped by a couple of the limited magic puzzles. And the storyline is intriguing, to say the least... :twisted: Do continue. :D
I am very happy because you loved it! It makes me feel comfortable with my design. Hopefully the full version will be way better! :D
Wonderland King wrote:My one beef with the hub is that there were a bit too many glowworms for my taste... but hey, that's just me. :P
Yes, I add too many glow worms to my levels, I noticed that. :lol:
I should probably use less in the future. :P
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:39 pm

Well, I think glowworms are an excellent addition to outdoor scenery - just as long as you don't use this many. :wink:

Anyway, I've added TTN to the Midnight Post 27 candidate list.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

This hub demo is great so far, but I must state something. You REALLY made a POP quiz joke?

I am ashamed yet proud at the same time.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Timecrokba wrote:This hub demo is great so far, but I must state something. You REALLY made a POP quiz joke?

I am ashamed yet proud at the same time.
I........ oh my god... You're right.....................
It wasn't intended, I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. Let's just pretend it was intended. :lol:
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Huh, I also thought it was intentional.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:42 pm

I've finished. It's really good and I can't wait to see more!
You posed dramatically.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 am

loofisawesome wrote:I've finished. It's really good and I can't wait to see more!
Thank you for playing! :D

For anyone interested, I added a progress chart in the first post to keep you updated.
Also, looks like we have some new friend around here. Be careful, it can bite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My level list
Woof Woof
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Well, finished the hub after my brain started to function somewhat correctly, and I must say that cliffhanger was very well timed. Hope to see the rest of the hub soon!
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Well well well...
It's been a while since the last picture, so why not post a little more? :P

Keep in mind that I update the first post quite frequently, and I am quite happy with the progress I made so far. :mrgreen:
My level list
Woof Woof
jeoung nim an

good

Post by jeoung nim an » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:51 am

Good morning. Nice to meet you.
I'm Korean.
I can not speak English.
This game is really good.
Have Is there any solution.
Not on YouTube. :P :P :D
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Re: good

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

jeoung nim an wrote:Good morning. Nice to meet you.
I'm Korean.
I can not speak English.
This game is really good.
Have Is there any solution.
Not on YouTube. :P :P :D
Hey, nice to meet you too.
I'm very glad you're enjoying my hub! The progress has been almost non-existing in the past few weeks (I'm lazy :P), I should probably work more on it.
There are no youtube solutions yet on youtube. I was planning on recording a solution to every adventure once the full version is out but I guess that won't happen until a very long time.
So I'll be recording the Demo for now, it might take a while to upload since my internet is slow at the moment, but I will post again on this topic once I upload everything to youtube! :wink:

If you want quicker help, you can tell me which part you're stuck at so I can help you. :P
My level list
Woof Woof
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:54 pm

The playlist is done, it can be found here.
Please excuse the bad quality of the first two videos, they were recorded before I discovered the magic of Bandicam. :p
My level list
Woof Woof
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Re: New Hub - Trip to Nowhere (DEMO RELEASED)

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm

hmm Seeing the forum being slowly revived and summer vacation finally starting, I'm considering going back to this project since I'm already more than halfway through it (51 wlvs made). With that being said, I decided to cut corners and aim lower so I could reach some sort of end-game before the end of the summer, but only time would tell.

So in the meantime, here are some more images of the progress I've made during the time I was inactive!

My level list
Woof Woof
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Re: New Hub - Trip to Nowhere (DEMO RELEASED)

Post by Lazy Loof » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm

I really loved the demo much, thanks!

I hope the full version will be more than that.

(Unfortunately, I may not be able to add full version to the archive, as by that time the archive would be final, I think.)
Previously known as Aryan101
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re:

Post by ab-47 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Oh god, the recent FPS lag is horrible, I'm unable to find any new user-made adventures which happen to be optimized and doesn't spam the CMD41 with chompers. With that said, I decided to give your hub another go, and I wanna change a few things I mentioned when I first played it.

So, one of the side-levels you've designed is a znoo-znee puzzle in Wetland's town, the difficulty curve fell off there and had this weird spike, then it went back to normal, but other than that I think the difficulty of the hub is great and the puzzles weren't as straightforward as they look! :P

There's this thing people like to do sometimes in their hubs where they like to introduce the game all over as if the hub is a new Wonderland installment, I don't know if it's actually necessary, given that most people would know about this hub if they knew about WA in the first place, maybe it's to challenge oneself and limit the usage of certain elements? I don't know, but keep doing what you're doing. :)

I'm glad to have stopped by and gave this another round, it's really enjoyable and you really know how to use the game's mechanics the way you want it to be, thanks for the fun! :D

time to find another adventure that can be "playable" D:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Re: Re:

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:28 am

Glad to see you replay this hub! And yeah, that Znoo-Znee puzzle is so out of place. :oops:
ab-47 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 pm
There's this thing people like to do sometimes in their hubs where they like to introduce the game all over as if the hub is a new Wonderland installment, I don't know if it's actually necessary, given that most people would know about this hub if they knew about WA in the first place, maybe it's to challenge oneself and limit the usage of certain elements? I don't know, but keep doing what you're doing. :)
Having the player be a clueless adventurer was supposed to be a part of the plot. Thinking about it, it wasn't worth doing because tutorials are boring. :lol:
Though it did help with speeding-up the adventure design process because designing easy puzzles is much faster and easier than difficult ones, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Thanks for playing!
My level list
Woof Woof