WA Widescreen, Hub Builder and more (Updated: May 13 2019)

The Wonderland Open Source Project

Moderators: ILoveWonderland, Sammy_P, Lazy Loof

ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

WA Widescreen, Hub Builder and more (Updated: May 13 2019)

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:20 pm

I have ported my widescreen mode patch to the open source version. Unlike my old version, this one is compatible with both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions and I have made some extra improvements on the menus. I also included a loader.bb file that supports 16:9 resolutions. If you are not seeing any 16:9 option, delete display.wdf from UserData folder, and open the loader again.

Please try it and tell me if there are any issues/bugs. :)

How to use:
Download these source files https://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27826
Place the files from my attachment and replace any files with the same name

New Version! (May 13 2019)
-everything updated to v10.03
-added new test mode for adventures: when you are on the master screen press Ctrl+T and you can immediately play your adventure! No more need to compile, get past the menus etc. anymore when testing adventures! :) Also when you abort/exit/complete the adventure you will go back to the editor master screen of that adventure.
-added a hub builder: Yes, you can finally create hubs using the editor! :D I will write details later about this mode.
-added logo support for custom hubs, just place wonderlandadventures.bmp in custom\hubs\yourhubname or in custom\editing\hubs\yourhubname and the hub builder will copy it to custom\hubs\yourhubname
-fixed minor editor bug where the More adjusters button was not updated when grabbing objects

(May 8 2019)
menu.bb:
-fixed hub menu crash bug that happened when clicking somewhere on the menu without a hub selected
-fixed sound effect when clicking on "Play Custom Hub" button
-fixed minor load screen bug
-fixed PlayerLevelStartingYaw bug for hubs
-fixed swap item text position for larger bag sizes (this applies to both widescreen and normal modes)
-fixed save/load screen background size for widescreen
-fixed custom archive menu for widescreen

adventures.bb
-freezing shadow/fire stinkers crash bug fixed (you can now freeze shadow and fire stinkers :D)
-added 2 new value at the end of master.dat
-the first determines what items the player will get when an adventure starts
-the seccond determines if the player will be able to shoot spells in the widescreen area or not
-added 2 extra values at the end of the wlv
-the first determines if the wlv contains extra values (yes, it was necessary in order to maintain backwards compatibility with existing levels)
-the second determines if the player will be able to shoot spells in the widescreen area or not, like master.dat but wlv specific (0=not allow, 1=allow, everything else=use master.dat rule)
(I will upload an updated editor that supports those things soon, also this update doesn't break compatibility with existing levels)

Older Versions:
(May 7 2019)
menu.bb:
-fixed profile explode bug (from 10.01)
-fixed stars background in adventure title screen when you launch any adventure from custom adventure select screen (from 10.01)

adventures.bb
-fixed particles position when an item is collected

(May 6 2019)
-Icons are now in the corners of the screen
-Limit spell-shooting in the central 4:3 area of the screen, if the player moves the mouse out of that range while a spell is active the spell cursor will turn red and player cannot shoot any spell.
-Save/load ui mini fix

New Version video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVBVOFZ ... e=youtu.be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ALEXALEX976 on Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Re: Wonderland Adventures Widescreen Mode

Post by samuelthx » Mon May 06, 2019 7:18 am

Interesting! From what I'm seeing in your video, this widescreen mode might break some puzzles that are designed to make use of the original (roughly) 7x7 player view and spell-shooting limit, but also allows for some other interesting possibilities.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Re: Wonderland Adventures Widescreen Mode

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am

Yes I know, maybe that can be limited somehow to disallow casting spells that far. I 'll see what I can do. :)
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Re: Wonderland Adventures Widescreen Mode (Updated: May 7 2019)

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:38 am

Updated again today.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Re: Wonderland Adventures Widescreen Mode (Updated: May 7 2019)

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Updated again, this new update also fixes some unrelated to widescreen mode bugs and it adds 4 new CMDs:
14 - Change Music
15 - Give Magic to player
16 - Change camera focus object
65 - change player expression (that was already there commented out but it had a bug which I fixed)

Also, this update supports the ability to determine if you will be able to shoot spells in the widescreen range or not.
This needs more testing to ensure that it doesn't have any bugs and that older levels are compatible (default for older levels is that widescreen range is not allowed). So far, I have not found any bugs but other people could test it too so we are sure that it works well. Also, the editor for this feature is not ready yet (sorry) but it will be soon.
Here is a test adventure and a hub (with master.dat set to disallow widescreen range for spells in adventure and to allow them in hub) and 3 different wlvs with different rules (Ask Wisp in each wlv for more information).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Re: Wonderland Adventures Widescreen Mode (Updated: May 8 2019)

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:55 am

Here is the updated editor, to see the extra options click on "(Adv. Options)" in main master screen. Please note that it is possible that adventures created or edited with this editor may not be compatible with the v3.00 Editor/Player (but adventures created with v3.00 should work with this without any problems).
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Re: WA Widescreen, Hub Builder and more (Updated: May 13 2019)

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:35 pm

New Version! (May 13 2019)
-everything updated to v10.03
-added new test mode for adventures: when you are on the master screen press Ctrl+T and you can immediately play your adventure! No more need to compile, get past the menus etc. anymore when testing adventures! :) Also when you abort/exit/complete the adventure you will go back to the editor master screen of that adventure.
-added a hub builder: Yes, you can finally create hubs using the editor! :D I will write details later about this mode.
-added logo support for custom hubs, just place wonderlandadventures.bmp in custom\hubs\yourhubname or in custom\editing\hubs\yourhubname and the hub builder will copy it to custom\hubs\yourhubname
-fixed minor editor bug where the More adjusters button was not updated when grabbing objects

I also included sound-define.bb because Aryan forgot to put it in the the v10.03 files.