The kids level competicion results!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Lst_1
Rainbow Wonderlander

The kids level competicion results!

Post by Lst_1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:42 pm

Well, New year passed, and I remember reading somewhere (I don't remember anymore where) that the kids level competicion had to come after new year, so I remind everyone that the competicion is comming and if Mette can't get charge of it, I take it if you want. :wink:

:idea: And a suggestion: we could make at the same time a second contest, the guess who made it contest and look who knows the best the levels. :idea:

Re edition:I changed the topic name again.
Last edited by Lst_1 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 pm

:shock: Yikes! I completely forgot :oops: :shock: :oops: Thanks for reminding me Armin :D

I'll be happy to arrange a kids level competition. :D

Just give me a day or two (or three) to formulate some rules....

Any suggestions about level criteria?

How about:
Fun?
Is it really suited for kids? (not too hard, I mean?)
Educational value?
Visual beauty?
Size restrictions?
Reading skills required?

Also: How long time is needed to make the levels? And how long time is needed to evaluate?

Also: should we have a siderunning competition of "who made which level?"

I'm just brainstorming here - let me know what you think and I'll get some rules put together that will suit as many people as possible.

All this assuming that you trust me to run a fair competition of course.

Mette

P.S. To Patrick: Will you sponsor some prizes like last time?
\Mette
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:52 pm

I think it would be cool to have a second competition seeing who could guess who did what level. On the size, I wouldn't make it much bigger than 20 by 20? That gives the kids a chance to really get some good points yet still have fun and keep their attention. Maybe on time do 2 weeks to get a level done and submitted? I'm throwing some ideas out, not saying we have to abide by it! I guess you could go either educational or just plain fun? Maybe some reading ability? Those are my thoughts. I'm definitely in for making a kids level!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:32 am

Excellent fun - I hope this encourages people who haven't made levels before to have a go :D :D :D
Lillie
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:33 pm

Why not Make 2 kinds 1 for the smaller kids and 1 for age 6 and up
Just a though.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Willwonka4442
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Willwonka4442 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Well, maybe when they make the levels they should display a rating such as....
(6+)Wonder Creek
i.e.
(3-5)Hide and Seek
hypothetically speaking.
Yeah BULLETS! B-U-L-L-E-T-S!
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey Willy Billy Bonkers - this is great for you to enter - your levels are always full of adventure and look AMAZING!!!! Just make them very do-able for the the big kids (like me) xxx
Lillie
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:37 pm

:D :D :D Sounds good to me Mette, And I like the idea of a side running Competition. :D :D :D
Keeks
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:48 am

OK.....here we go:

Rules for Kids Level competition

The Objective
The theme of this competition is Kids Levels. Can you make the most amazing kids level ever? Get editing and find out? There are no size restrictions, but please do not to make your level overly large.

Levels will be judged on:

(a) Age appropriateness
Is it really a kids level? Or is it too hard?

(b) Educational value
Will the kids learn anything from this level? Either about Wonderland, "the real world", logic thinking or......

(c) Appearance
Is it visually pleasing? Will the beauty of the level catch the attention of the kids?

(d) Fun
The most important part, is it fun to play?

The Procedure
I will accept level creations (with or without houses / models / textures / backgrounds) until

Monday, January 23rd 2006 at 11.00 AM GMT.

E-mail (mette(at)nutters.dk) or PM your level files as attachments to me untill that date and time. Make sure your level does not contain your name. I will post all entries (without names) on January 23rd in the Kids section, at which point you can play and comment on the entries.

Every forumite will have the right to play and judge the levels giving points from 0 to 10 to each level. If a person chooses to give points to one level the person must also give points to all the other levels (including their own if such exists). People not giving points to all the levels will not be counted in the final result. It is up to you to decide how to weigh the critiria when giving points. Fun should be an important factor, though.

Points must be e-mailed to me no later than

Monday, February 6th 2006 at 11.00 AM GMT.

I will then add up the scores and post a list of total points, levels and forum names.

Rules, Rules, Rules... PLEASE READ!
1. Above all - this is primarily a competition for fun! No cheating, no copying, no other nastiness. Play nice!

2. One entry per person only! You are not allowed to submit more than one level... so test it carefully, and make it a good one!

3. You may not post the level for comments or feedback before the competition closes. I will post all entries on January 23rd, and you can download/play/comment on all levels after that point.

The Prize:
The winner will get the joy of winning and maybe an honourary title (suggestions are welcomed). (That is unless Patrick decides to sponsor something :wink: )

Side running competition:
Can you guess who made which level? You do not have to particiapate in the level contest to participate in this. The rules are simple: Send your guesses to me by PM or mail no later than Feb. 6th 11.00 AM GMT. Each correct guess will score 1 point.

Have fun, and good luck!!! :lol:

Mette :D
\Mette
Willwonka4442
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Willwonka4442 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:51 pm

Nicely said. So it's pretty much like last time. So if you get it right
and get 10/10 that means you get 11/10?

To Patrick: I think you might want to put your 2 cents in here. What do you think.

And...

WHATS THE PRIZE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Wonka :D :D
Yeah BULLETS! B-U-L-L-E-T-S!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 pm

Hi Will,

The level contest and the "guess who" contest will be scored indepentdently. So there will be one winner of the level contest and one winner of the "guess who" contest. And you can participate in the "guess who" contest without submitting a level for the level contest.
Did this clarify things?

Mette

P.S. I already received the first level for the contest :P
\Mette
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:26 pm

I'd be happy to sponsor this one, too. Since it's a kid's level competition, I'll give out a free registration code for SpongeBob SquarePants Krabby Pants to the winning entry (for personal use, or to "gift" to a friend or relative).

Edit: That's Krabby Quest, of course. I should know the name of my own game. ;)
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Thanks Patrick :D :D :D
\Mette
Superterv
Rainbow Master

Post by Superterv » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:13 pm

How are the entries coming Mette, got any yet?
ImageSuperterv, Founder of the *K9 Carers*,
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:18 am

Funny you should ask that today Sorinda :shock: I was planning to post something anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have FIVE entries at the moment but I'm hoping for many many more.

Only a week (and about ten hours) left now - get creating :wink: :P :D :lol:

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Only a weekend to go now :shock: Are you getting exited? :P :D :lol:

I have TEN entries so far, but there's definitely still room for more :P

Mette
\Mette
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Oh boy I can't wait.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 am

The contest is now closed for entries. :shock: Watch the Kids level section....I'll begin posting the levels etc. in a little while.....
It's all here:
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7085

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:31 pm

In case you're wondering.....

You are more than welcome to send me your votes now (as some have already done). Please remember to give each level (including your own if you're in the contest) points between 0 and 10 (0 being the minimum and 10 being the maximum). Otherwise I'll have no way of adding your scores to the rest.....

Send a PM or a mail (mette at nutters dot dk) - whatever you prefer :D

Mette

P.S. Once again it's a tight race :P - your votes can really make a difference :shock: - so get on with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:11 pm

And don't forget the side running contest either......Can you guess who made which level?

Mette
\Mette
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Mette - the boys and I are just playing and marking the levels - are you sure about giving your own level points??? This seems very wierd to me (not saying if I entered or not) - but if I did, I would find it terribly difficult to mark my own level :oops:
Lillie
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:26 pm

I don't see any way around making the levelmakers also award points to their own level. Let's say that creator X votes and doesn't award points to his own level - that would be counted as a zero. Let's say Creator Y doesn't vote at all. Creator X would then have lesser chance of winning because he awarded points to level Y while not giving level X any. Unless every creator votes (and that wasn't the case in the Small World II contest) a creator would lessen his/her chances of winning by voting - that is unless he/she also awards points to his/her own creation.

Clear as mud? :wink:

Mette
\Mette
Lst_1
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Lst_1 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Atencion to all users! All that didn't vote yet should better hurry up because there is only one weekend left before both competicions end!

I suppose that the race is still tight and that your vote can make a difference! (oooops :oops: , that your sentence Mette)
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:37 pm

Lst_1 wrote:I suppose that the race is still tight and that your vote can make a difference! (oooops :oops: , that your sentence Mette)
Well....YEAH :twisted: :wink: :lol:

It's OK Armin - I don't recall making the sentence copyrighted :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:29 am

Only half an hour to go now :shock: If you have scores ready and just haven't sent them yet now is the time :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 am

The final results

By popular request the results for the Kids Contest will be published in the form of a level :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: The winner should contact Patrick concerning prize collection.

Well done to all level makers and thanks to all who voted (25 people) :D

Enjoy :D

Mette

P.S. If you just want the results right away and can't be bothered to play the level, highlight this:

1st place: G by Lillian - 235.5 points
2nd place: H by Liz Mayhew - 219.25 points
3rd place: L by Kiki - 216.75 points
4th place: C by kaz67 - 210.5 points
5th place: E by Amadeus! - 202.5 points
6th place: K by jcvalcar2 - 198.25 points
7th place: B by Lst_1 - 173.83 points
8th place: M by Lucky-Luc - 172.83 points
9th place: D by Superterv - 170 points
10th place: F by Salin - 169.5 points
11th place: J by amy25 - 168.25 points
12th place: A by Cat - 156 points
13th place: I by twohappylane - 134.17 points

Congratulations Lillie :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
Attachments
KCRESULTS.LV6
The final results
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Last edited by mette on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Congratulations 'You Know Who' (I won't spoil it for those who haven't played the results yet :wink: ), enjoy you Krabby Pants game. :D :D

Well done to the runner up too, I thought yours was brill! :D :D

Mette, that was a novel way of announcing the results, you should get a prize yourself. :lol: :lol:

Comiserations to all the others, there were some really good levels in there. I especially liked the pink goo 'tunnels' in Rainbow Country, no surprise who made that one. :wink:

Good job everyone. :D
Pauline
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Side running contest

The side running contest was about guessing who made which level. Only 12 people dared venture into the land of guessing. This is the results (the first person mentioned is the level creator):
  • Entry A got 9 guesses on Cat, 1 on Popo and Willwonka4442
  • Entry B got 4 guesses on Lst_1, 2 on amy25, 1 on Lutz, bob roest, Loirae and Mette
  • Entry C got 7 guesses on kaz67, 2 on Lillian and 1 on Davimad
  • Entry D got 3 guesses on Superterv, 2 on Willwonka4442, 1 on amy25, Salin, Shorty, Loirae and Liz Mayhew
  • Entry E got 7 guesses on Amadeus!, 1 on Kiki, Davimad and kaz67
  • Entry F got 3 guesses on Salin, 2 on Willwonka4442 and Liz Mayhew, 1 on kaz67, ohbehave and Loirae
  • Entry G got 6 guesses on Lillian, 1 on Lst_1, Popo, ohbehave and Janet Galle
  • Entry H got 5 guesses on Liz Mayhew, 1 on jcvalcar2, wonderlandlover, Shorty, Amadeus!, Lucky-Luc and Willwonka4442
  • Entry I got 0 guesses on twohappylane, 6 an amy25, 1 on wonderlandlover, mlwest, Deletrea, ohbehave and Iwijsbroek
  • Entry J got 0 guesses on amy25, 2 on jcvalcar2, 1 on Mette, ohbehave, Shorty, the cat, Liz Mayhew, Salin, wonderlandlover and Janet Galle
  • Entry K got 2 guesses on jcvalcar2, 3 on Loirae, 2 on ohbehave, 1 on Lutz, Superterv and Lillian
  • Entry L got 10 guesses on Kiki, 1 on Liz Mayhew
  • Entry M got 1 guess on Lucky Luc, 2 on Shorty, 1 on Superterv, Willwonka4442, ohbehave, Amadeus!, kaz67 and Lst_1
Now for the winner:
  • 1st place: jcvalcar2 with 9 correct guesses
  • 2nd place: Lillian with 8 correct guesses
  • 3rd place: ohbehave, kaz67 and Liz Mayhew with 7 correct guesses
  • 6th place: Gen with 5 correct guesses
  • 7th place: Lutz, Lst_1 and Cat with 3 correct guesses
  • 10th place: Kiki and Salin with 2 corect guesses
  • 12th place: Loirae with 1 correct guess
Very well done Cathy :D :D :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mette
\Mette
ohbehave
Rainbow Star

KIDS LEVEL COMP

Post by ohbehave » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:44 pm

a big Image to the winner...good going..i wont spoil it either...and big congrats to all the others for their excellent levels..there was some awesome levels entered..a lot of work went into them...great job guys...and a big thank you to mette for the enormous amount of work done on the whole thing...

thanks to all...i enjoyed the comp levels, and look forward to next one.. :) :) :) :) :wink: :wink:
~♥Sizzlin Summer Babe!!..♥~
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

The Kids Level Competition

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Congratulations . Take your bow - this is well deserved. They were all very good and I enjoyed each and every one, and Congratulations to the runner's up as well.

Thank you, Mette for putting this together, it was fun creating, playing and guessing. That was a wonderful way of displaying who won.
Cathy