Help on Through the maze

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Help on Through the maze

Post by sonic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Please help a frustrated grandma.
I've read all the threads on the maze but I have no idea what to do.
Since I downloaded this game I've spent most of my free time on it.
Please help me get through this level :?
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi sonic,

Which game is it in? Wonderland, Return to Wonderland (Classic or Deluxe) or Secret Worlds? And which world and level number?

This info will make helping soooooo much easier ;) :D

Mette
\Mette
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:22 pm

Sorry Mette
I'ts Wonderland Secret Worlds, & i'ts Through the Maze
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:23 pm

mette wrote:Return to Wonderland (Classic or Deluxe)
and Platinum!
dlcs18
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:27 pm

OK. Now I know which level you're in :D . Is it any specific part of the level that's giving you a hard time or is it everything?

Mette
\Mette
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Everything I'm sorry to say. I need some more stars before I can get to the volcano bit.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 pm

I'll see what I can come up with. It might take a little while, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can (unless someone beats me to it of course ;) ).

Mette
\Mette
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi Sonic, try this link. Look for posts by Popo made on Feb. 3rd.

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... light=maze

Good Luck! :D
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:40 pm

For now I just found a link: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70943#70943. Try reading from that post and onwards.

If it really gets on your nerves you can always "cheat" by pressing Ctrl-F9 and come back to it later.

I can't even imagine how to write a full walktrough for this one, but I'm willing to try if the above doesn't help you.

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:41 pm

Excellent Gen :D We found the same post :lol:
\Mette
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a go!
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:12 pm

Hallo helpers

I've managed to get both Stinky & Loof to the end, I've destroyed the UFO but when I go through the red teleporter neither one can go forwards or up, they can only go back into it.
Am I doing something very wrong.

Sonic
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:06 pm

I've done it at last and with a gold star!!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:18 pm

Well done sonic :D :D :D

Mette
\Mette
randalpik
Bronze Wonderlander

Full solution to "Through the Maze"

Post by randalpik » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:25 pm

It seems like most people are having trouble with the chompers at the end, but here's a full solution just in case anything needed clearing up. I just beat this level after several tries and found a trick at the end.

Huge spoilers ahead! Select to read it more easily.

At the beginning take Stinky on the platform that initially goes down, and follow the maze, making sure to not get hit by cannons. In the area with the boulders, push the first boulder in between the spikes so it doesn't get destroyed; do the same with the second. After collecting the key, take Stinky up and stop him on the pink button.

Then switch to Loof, taking the other platform, and use the brown timer to reach the key and bonus coin (it's important that you used Loof here, because the red chomper won't go after him!) Then stop Loof on the sign "It's a long way around this maze."

Take Stinky to the red teleport, making sure the other side is out of the UFO's line of fire, and quickly collect the bonus coin and get back through the teleport. Go up to the area with the bonus across the water, go around the bend in the maze a little ways ahead, and bring the box back (it's hidden in the fake wall.) Go around (there's two more fake walls below the water, one with a bonus!) and push the box up into the water.

Now here's where it gets tricky. Lure the chomper guarding the bonus coin up to where the UFO shoots. Of course, it will still shoot Stinky. But then take Loof down to the same column, and it will try to shoot Loof, killing the chomper. Now that Stinky doesn't have a chomper to worry about, take Loof back to the yellow button and let Stinky in, but keep him directly to the right of the red gate.

Have Loof use the green timers to collect the key. Go up to the conveyor and get the bonus where Stinky's chomper was. Now, making sure to avoid the cannon, run up and get that coin. There's a bonus in the fake wall which will lead to the UFO's room. Quickly get that while the UFO can't shoot you, and go back down. Now eventually the cannon will shoot the UFO, making that room safe.

Move Loof back up and have Stinky collect the coin where Loof's chomper is. Then move Stinky into the final area. Avoiding the cannons, use the steel boxes to roll both boulders into one of the water tiles to get to the exit. Then use the steel boxes to make a bridge where the platform broke. Take Stinky to the exit and quickly have Loof do the same, so the chomper won't follow.

I hope this guide has helped you! If I made an error don't hesitate to tell me. :)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Nice guide. I managed to solve this the first time I played WSW, but this should help anyone who finds it tricky.
Welcome to the forum too!