Forty-Second Adventure: The Databank Combination

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Forty-Second Adventure: The Databank Combination

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 pm

You'll need my music pack, Kooky's Music Pack, and TheThaumaturge's Music Pack to hear all the music in this adventure.

Link to my level list so that you can get to everything more easily.

-=-LOOF'S KEY SEPTOLOGY-=-
Part 1: Disappearance at the Peaks
Part 2: Colour-Coded Caverns
Part 3: The Databank Combination
Part 4: The Pentagon Array
Part 5: Rainbow Coin Hunt
Part 6: The Forest of Eternity
Part 7: Stinky, Loof, Qookie, and Peegue

You now know where Jamiff is trapped: a place in the Forever Forest known as Emerald Grove, which the Crossroads conveniently links to. However, he's imprisoned behind some impenetrable barriers, which can only be deactivated by pressing seven buttons in the right order... but the combination is nowhere in sight.

As it turns out, the six clues needed to figure out the combination are in the city of Flobhart, which also links to the Crossroads. They're hidden behind some puzzles in the southern district of the city, the Databanks.

Can you retrieve all six clues and put them together to form the correct combination? Furthermore, what's going to happen if you do?

This is my first adventure is a while, but I still think it turned out good. I also think you'll like the ending and how it ties into the next part of the series. Have fun! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 am

That was difficult yet fun!

Good Scritter puzzle. :P
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Nobody wrote:Good Scritter puzzle. :P
I hope I didn't give you too many ideas. :shock:
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:45 am

I nailed the combination on my first try, as usual. *ego*

Player-facing FireFlowers should be illegal in large quantities. Seriously though, FireFlower spam like that makes the puzzle more annoying than fun. Also, as much as I like symmetry, I didn't like having to do each Spikeyball-dodging thing twice.

AND AS IF I DIDN'T HATE SCRITTER PUZZLES ENOUGH. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I liked the rest, though. :D
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:49 am

So only half of the adventure was likable? *sniff*

Sorry about the FireFlower thing, I really don't know what I was thinking there. As for the Spikeyballs, that was the last puzzle I designed and I was running out of ideas.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 am

DP.

Since I was in the process of updating all my adventures anyway, I decided to make some changes to this one (which you can see if you download it again):

*There used to be a path that the spikeyball in the first tower could take that only required four coins, not the intended five or six. This path has now been removed.
*The number of FireFlowers in the second tower has been reduced from 20 to 6, making it much less annoying. However, the FireFlowers will now shoot faster.
*The Spikeyball-dodging tower is no longer symmetrical. The top half has been replaced with a different set of challenges.
*The gates of my cage in Emerald Grove are now GrowZ, not GrowXY.
*I considered making the Scritter puzzle easier, but decided against it because I enjoy making you suffer.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 am

I found a solution to the Spikeyball/coin maze that required only 3 coins, but it's probably fixed now.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:47 am

THREE coins? I don't think I ever found that one. Can you PM me a screenshot or something?
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 am

I don't remember exactly which coins I grabbed, but I pressed only the lush button and the Spikeyball was directed down near the bottom-right corner, then left.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 am

If it was a bottom-right thing, it probably wasn't fixed- I just added some water tiles near the random wall in the middle.

Has anyone else managed to complete this adventure yet, by the way? If everything goes according to plan I'm going to need two other specific people to complete it, and considering the ending and the title of part 4 I bet you know why.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:30 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:I don't remember exactly which coins I grabbed, but I pressed only the lush button and the Spikeyball was directed down near the bottom-right corner, then left.
Me too.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:48 am

Updated this adventure yet again:
-The Emerald Grove location is now set to 400.ogg instead of 50.ogg, since that's the one I'm using in my musicpack
-A lower wall has been added into the same area in order to prevent partial viewing of the Spikeyball mechanism
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
Celebi543
Silver Wonderlander

Re: Forty-Second Adventure: The Databank Combination

Post by Celebi543 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:44 pm

In the Spikyball dodging room, the green gate won’t open when I press the button, and now I can’t get the final clue. Why is it not opening?