Adventure #55: Gem Chompers: Episode 2

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #55: Gem Chompers: Episode 2

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 am

Click here to see my level list.

This adventure requires my Ambiance music pack.

Click here for Gem Chompers: Episode 1.

Finally, after several months, the sequel to Gem Chompers: Episode 1 is out! I think it's better than the first one in pretty much every way. Happy Halloween!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 am

yayyyyyyyy .etc

Let's see how SCARY this is.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 am

I-I'm paranoid :lol: .
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 am

Episode 2 is the sequel to Episode 1? Shocking.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:Episode 2 is the sequel to Episode 1? Shocking.
Yes, that might be surprising to some.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:26 am

Finished it, the first of yours that I finished. This one is excellent, and far superior.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:18 am

MNIK, I PM'd you.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 am

Can I say my names for the new monsters or shall I wait a bit ?
My Level List
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 am

OH NO!
I FORGET THAT I REINSTALLED THE EDITOR AND I DON'T HAVE THE MUSIC PACKS ANYMORE.
I'm in WLV 2 (or 17) and i just notice that! :lol:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 am

DP
I BEAT IT!
that was awesome!
the WLVS are really awesome! I wonder how I beat this faster than GC1? :?
EDIT:
Also, I found a bug in the last wlv(I'm not sure if it's the last), you can use a teleporter in the corner to teleport into another corner, I think that teleporter for a chomper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:09 pm

First of all, I want to congratulate you on the amazing scenery and spookiness of the adventure. There were some very cleverly designed areas, and some really freaky points. Well done!

My main problem is: The end seems a bit... Loose? I know you'll probably make an episode 3 some time, but this part ended on a very odd cliffhanger.
Spoilers wrote:You come into Zeen's house, you play another spooky adventure, you escape the house, learn who you're fighting against, and the adventure ends. Zeen is dead, the bane is still cursing stinkers to their deaths, and the weird shadow-stinker goes off into nowhere. Maybe it was just me, but I found it a rather useless series in terms of lessons learned and points made.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Lessons learned and points made? It's a horror series...
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:MNIK, I PM'd you.
Responded.
llarson wrote:Can I say my names for the new monsters or shall I wait a bit ?
You can say them in spoilers, I suppose.
yot yot5 wrote:My main problem is: The end seems a bit... Loose? I know you'll probably make an episode 3 some time, but this part ended on a very odd cliffhanger.
Spoilers wrote:I thought I tied up things pretty well for Googy. He was able to go on living his normal life, even though he hardly knew about what had happened, as is the case with many horror video games.
yot yot5 wrote:
Spoilers wrote:You come into Zeen's house, you play another spooky adventure, you escape the house, learn who you're fighting against, and the adventure ends. Zeen is dead, the bane is still cursing stinkers to their deaths, and the weird shadow-stinker goes off into nowhere.
Spoilers wrote:Yeah, Googy's adventures turned out to be all for nothing. You're acting as if that's an illegal plot point or something.
yot yot5 wrote:
Spoilers wrote:Maybe it was just me, but I found it a rather useless series in terms of lessons learned and points made.
Nobody wrote:Lessons learned and points made? It's a horror series...
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Spoilers wrote:Yeah, Googy's adventures turned out to be all for nothing. You're acting as if that's an illegal plot point or something.
Nothing's illegal in the course of adventure-making, that's what makes it so fun. It's just a lot more satisfying if the adventure helps something nice happen.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Nothing's illegal in the course of adventure-making, that's what makes it so fun. It's just a lot more satisfying if the adventure helps something nice happen.
Yeah, I agree with you there. The next episodes I have planned will probably be a lot more satisfying.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
llarson wrote:Can I say my names for the new monsters or shall I wait a bit ?
You can say them in spoilers, I suppose.
YAY! Well anyways:
Spoilers wrote:Kissing lips - IDK it's an evil pair of lips eating you:/
Hand hill - It looks like a hill
Corpses of the pyramid - This one was creepy :shock:
The ghost - He's an evil being that looks like a dead corpse
EDIT: I finished it just now . It was pretty interesting , pretty interesting indeed.
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm

llarson wrote:
Spoilers wrote:Kissing lips - IDK it's an evil pair of lips eating you:/
Hand hill - It looks like a hill
Corpses of the pyramid - This one was creepy :shock:
The ghost - He's an evil being that looks like a dead corpse
Spoilers wrote:
1: I prefer just 'teeth.'
2: It looks like more than just a hill to me...
3: I agree with you on this one.
4: Also agree.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am

MyNameIsKooky on page 15 of PPAPOIPAH wrote:Yes, all Shadow Stinkers are evil.

The Cosmic Merchant should randomly die at the end of your adventure. KIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL
MyNameIsKooky on page 15 of PPAPOIPAH wrote:I KNOW THAT, BUT IN MY WORLD, KOOKY SMASH BAD SHADOWS!!!!!!!!!111!!!!ONEONE1!! :EVIL: :EVIL: :EVIL: OH THOSE SMILIES AGAIN :evil: :evil: THERE :EVIL: NO AUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

EDIT A POW CHARGER INTO THE SAME ROOM AS THE COSMIC MERCHANT SO I CAN SATISFY MY URGES*!!!!!!!!! :EVIL: :EVIL: OMG SMILIES YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT I HATE MY LIFE NOW WAAAH BYE

*no, not those urges you pervert
I'm really worried about what will happen next.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:I'm really worried about what will happen next.
WHEN I RELEASE EPISODE 3, YOU'LL SEE THAT I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 am

uh oh *hides in bomb shelter* :lol:
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:55 pm

THE WAVING MAN SCARES ME
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 pm

dig 222 wrote:THE WAVING MAN SCARES ME
Umm... I think that's exactly what MNIK intended.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Pawelec wrote:
dig 222 wrote:THE WAVING MAN SCARES ME
Umm... I think that's exactly what MNIK intended.
AND THE HANDS
DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE HANDS
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 am

For me, the hand hill is less scary since it appears in full sight most of the time. (Except for when you finish Compilation and try to leave Zeen's house; then it's hard to spot.) The waving stinker lurks in corners and runs off before you can get close, and so I get the aura that he's hiding something from me, which makes me feel insecure about what he will do in the following episodes. (Assuming he will appear in Episode 3; he IS more mysterious than most of the other entities are.)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 am

Spoilers wrote:Invisible Chomper: Not scary, but the main danger in the adventure. I would like to see the other members of the bane do more dangerous things in the future episodes.
Slenderthwart: Not too scary, not too dangerous. Pretty boring, now I come to think about it.:lol:
Hand Hill: Probably the least scary for me.
Chomper Teeth: Makes me jump LOADS, but sometimes it just gets annoying.
Waving Stinker: One of my personal favorites.
Sleeping/Dead swarm of stinkers: Creepy, but a bit too weird to be scary.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm

THE BIG TALL MEN ARE EVERYWHERE!
ERRRHHWWWWHHHRRRRYYYYWHHHHEEERRREEE!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:43 pm

MY THOUGHTS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES
Spoilers wrote:Invisible Chomper: It was scary back in Episode 1 with only the Slender-Thwart and the Breaker Booms, but like yotyot said, it's more of a puzzle element monster now, as it's the most dangerous entity.
The red buttons and teleporters that are its trademarks still scare me sometimes out of fear of having to start running from it, but it's lost its grip on me.
The only thing that would help would be to make it do something new. Also, make the other entities more dangerous. Only the Teeth are able to compete with this one for danger.

Slenderthwart: Like the chomper, this entity was scarier in Episode 1 but became less scary among the others. I noticed in Wlv 22 that it was actually trying to kill me by standing so I would get crushed by a spring or eaten by the invisible chomper, but it never acted like that in the rest of the wlvs, just reverting to fast-walking and appearing around the player.
Expansions on its smart behavior from Wlv 22 (e.g. it stands in front of water as you are springing so you drown) in Part 3 would help.
Another idea would be to give it fast speed and have it rotate a spring many times in a room out of the player's reach so the spring would crush the player if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Breaker Boom: This always makes me jump out of sudden noise the first time I play the wlv it's in. This entity seems to have a weird habit of appearing while other entities are not around most of the time. I never heard it roaring in Zeen's house with the other six entities. I would like to see it a little more and perhaps destroy something other than ghostly cuboids.

Hand Hill: I think this is the least scary because it's harmless, easy to predict its appearances, (it only seems to appear in big rooms and fields,) and you get used to its behavior after a while. Sure, seeing a mutated giant body part start bubbling around was shocking at first, but it loses its effect with time.

Chomper Teeth: This was the best new entity in this episode. Aside from being very dangerous at times and trying to use its fellow friends to trap you, it simply sends out a shock every time it appears and eats you, as if it knows where you are and can lash out at any time.
Unlike the hand hill, it seems to be able to fit into small spaces. The only fault in it is that you can't have any decoration objects around it because the CMD 5s that I suppose it uses would blow up the scenery objects too, ruining the effect of being 'eaten' by a huge chomper teeth.

Waving Stinker: After the teeth, second scariest. I feel especially uncomfortable around this one as he always stays away from the player - as on one hand it makes him look wimpy but on the other mysterious - and I'd like to see expansions on his running and hiding in corners like he did in Zeen's house before and after you played 'Compilation.' Also, this is just a guess, but was it he who wrote the letter to the player?

Dead swarm of stinkers: Scary. The effect of closing the stinker eyes and giving them dark shoes and no hats or glasses emphasizes the scariness, but they need to be X/Y adjusted, because sometimes you can step through them.
IDEAS FOR MORE ENTITIES IN EPISODE 3 (I tried making some myself and it was epic)
Spoilers wrote: Green plant monster: A green-coloured non-inverted thwart, with Scales at 0.17 and Z-adjusted to -4.8, given the same Activation Speed and Type as the Slenderthwart and surrounded by invisible or underground thwarts that appear with it and act like walls. (It is about the size of a 3x3 unit square.) It turns to face you, and can move.
You could also make it to sometimes have no invisible thwarts around it and be able to shoot green star-fireballs (Data0 set at +6,) but make sure it does not kill other entities while doing so. It only makes appearances at first, but it begins moving and attacking later on.

Faceless stinker: A very big stinker (large X and Z scales, medium Y scales) inverted on its Y axis and on the ground using PitchAdjust that has the Panic animation. It only appears and disappears like the hand hill, but it has CMD 5s that blow up the player whenever he comes too close, similar to the teeth but on a larger scale.

Towering tollgate: A very tall tollgate (I recommend 5.0 ZScale and regular X/Y scales) requiring 1338 stars that rises (GrowZ, speed of at least 38 ) and impales the player if they are standing on where it was, then comes back down a second after.

Mangled Body Parts: Dead stinker parts, partially underground, and later chomper parts that would kill you upon contact, appear like the dead stinker swarm in dark, enclosed buildings and block off your way or make mazes for the green plant monster or the invisible chomper to chase you through.

Flat Shadow Stinker: A shadow stinker with wide X and Z Scales but a Y Scale of 0 that appears and disappears and occasionally walks by the player fast just out of reach (like in the next hallway) before disappearing. It can't physically move anything because it's a ghost and it's paper-thin, but it's large enough that it knocks you unconscious (CMD 7 and weird lighting) sort of like the Slenderman would when you come near it or it comes near you.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Post deleted because I felt like it. ._.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 pm

MNIK, you've been inactive adventure-wise for a while... Are you making GC3 or something? :shock:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 pm

I believe he's moved on from adventure-making.