Cavern of Lies, Part 7

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Cavern of Lies, Part 7

Post by Nobody » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 am

Prev|Next

I return, infant! :D :D :D

...Aaagh. So much playtesting on this adventure because of the apparently infinite amount of minor glitches/things that could have been slightly better that I kept finding one by one...

Anyway, like I said before, I have returned to WAE stardom. I'm not going to work on my (new!) main story until WA3E, but I was too impatient to hold back on tennis anymore. So, here we are.

I'm satisfied with how this one ended up, although some things definitely weren't at their best. It's like my first adventure in about a year though, so shoosh.

This adventure is fairly big , with 7 .wlvs and 8 .dias (although one of the .dias is completely inaccessible), and I think it had enough plot advancement and gameplay to make it non-wimpy, plus the most effort I think I've ever bothered to put into scenery (But IDK).

Anyway, I'm sure you all want me to shut up by now, so FINE. I WILL. SHEESH, I THOUGHT YOU PEOPLE WOULD LET ME MONOLOGUE ABOUT NOTHING FOR MY BIG RETURN, BUT NAH.

EDIT: Fixed for MNIK

EDIT2: I'm almost certain this is the custom scritter textures I used: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +scritters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nobody on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I would...
but, I am not sure if I am a people you are typing about.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Great adventure! The dialogue was funny, and the gameplay was unique and fun. Thanks!

Now onto part 8... :wink:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:33 pm

WA PLAYER wrote:HAHA I COULDN'T FIND darkbookshelf.bmp
OH NO!!@#$@#$%@!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#$e%2452! THE WORLD!!@#$%@#$%@#$! IT'S OVER!!!@#$@!#$!@#$! HELP!@#$^^&%^&$%&!! I CAN FEEL THE MISSING TEXTURES LICKING MY FACE!%^%%%%%%!! IT'S SO GROSS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!111!!!!!!!1!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!11!!!111!

*sob*
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh, crud. The sad thing is I ended up deleting all the bookshelves you could actually see, so requiring that texture ended up super-pointless.

Would you rather download the texture or download the adventure again? Uh, lemme link to the texture either way: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24540

Scroll past bookshelfdim which is irrelevant, and get bookshelfdark.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 pm

The bookshelves still aren't working even after I got the textures. I think it's because you included the "C:/WA Editor v096/" part of the directory, which is unnecessary. All you need to put in for the TextureName is basically "Custom/bookshelffoodpoisoning.bmp". You know, just for the future.

But anyway, I can't play this adventure because the directory to my WA Editor is "OS (C:)/WA Editor v096/" instead of just "C:/WA Editor v096/".
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:07 pm

There, fixed that for you.

I think people have complained about my overlong custom texture directories in the past. Maybe it would be worth it to go through all my old adventures with overlong directories and fix them...

...but I'm going to slack off on that until I decide if it's worth it.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks for fixing it! :)

I got to that big mound with all the star buttons around it. I have no idea how much precise Blinking that takes but I gave up at that point.

The dialogue was very amusing though! :D :lol:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:I got to that big mound with all the star buttons around it. I have no idea how much precise Blinking that takes but I gave up at that point.
Do you want a video or something?

EDIT: Oh, and there's a rainbow teleporter to the starting area, so you can use all your charges.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Beat it... sort of.

I had to use Wall-Blink to skip the timer mound area. I found the Blink wlv as a whole pretty irritating, but the rest of the adventure was good and fun. :D

I like the ending too. Very entertaining and cliffhangerish. :P