Don't PM me about adventure solutions!

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Don't PM me about adventure solutions!

Post by mette » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Don't PM me about adventure solutions - I will ignore it!

Why?
1. You will probably get faster and better help asking in the open forum.
2. I don't have endless time, so if I'm going to help, I want as many as possible to be able to benefit from my effort, so I'll want my help posted for all to see.
3. Having solutions sent back and forth by PM will likely lead to the same questions being asked many times, without anyone involved in asking or answering knowing about it.
4. It's a waste of time and resources.

How to get help
1. Check this forum to see if there's already a topic for your adventure. If there is and it doesn't answer your question: ask your question in that topic.
2. If there's not already a topic for your adventure: Start a new topic titled "POTZ - adventure name" (if it's a POTZ adventure). Start by a short description of the adventure. What's there? Where is the adventure located in the game? Maybe post a screenshot. Then describe your problem as best as you can.
3. When I check the forum, I read the questions and answer what I can* and what I have time for.

I imagine that everyone else trying to help out with hints/solutions do it pretty much like this.

The easier you make it for people to help you, the more likely it is that you'll get a fast and usable answer.

And try to be patient. We all have lives to live outside of Wonderland - and we need to have time for that as well.

*but only if some time has passed since the question was asked as per Midnight Synergy's request - me being one of the beta testers
\Mette
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Don't PM me about adventure solutions!

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 am

mette AND NOW ME wrote:Don't PM me about adventure solutions - I will ignore it!

Why?
1. You will probably get faster and better help asking in the open forum.
2. I don't have endless time, so if I'm going to help, I want as many as possible to be able to benefit from my effort, so I'll want my help posted for all to see.
3. Having solutions sent back and forth by PM will likely lead to the same questions being asked many times, without anyone involved in asking or answering knowing about it.
4. It's a waste of time and resources.

How to get help
1. Check this forum to see if there's already a topic for your adventure. If there is and it doesn't answer your question: ask your question in that topic.
2. If there's not already a topic for your adventure: Start a new topic titled "POTZ - adventure name" (if it's a POTZ adventure). Start by a short description of the adventure. What's there? Where is the adventure located in the game? Maybe post a screenshot. Then describe your problem as best as you can.
3. When I check the forum, I read the questions and answer what I can* and what I have time for.

I imagine that everyone else trying to help out with hints/solutions do it pretty much like this.

The easier you make it for people to help you, the more likely it is that you'll get a fast and usable answer.

And try to be patient. We all have lives to live outside of Wonderland - and we need to have time for that as well.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:31 am

Except that you weren't one of the beta testers, so mette's last line does not apply to you, yot yot5.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Except that you weren't one of the beta testers, so mette's last line does not apply to you, yot yot5.
Oh yeah, good point. Now I feel stupid. :oops: