Bouncey and Bitey

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Bouncey and Bitey

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me where to find the Bouncey and Bitey level?

I have 133 stars, so I'm missing 2 levels.

Checking with a list which someone kindly provided, I see that I haven't done Bouncey and Bitey and one other level, which doesn't appear on the list.

Stuck ... :cry:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Try talking to everyone on Barren. :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks Yot Yot 5!

I'll try that tomorrow. Got to cook dinner now 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: Bouncey and Bitey

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:I see that I haven't done Bouncey and Bitey and one other level, which doesn't appear on the list.
Three stars are in hub locations.
Two are one the way to the rainbow portal to Wondertown, and one is past the yellow gates where the star molds the keys out of coins.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 am

Thanks Wonderland King. I'm pretty sure I must have got those levels though because I'm always to-ing and fro-ing through Star Town, and talking to everyone there.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 am

Found Bouncey and Bitey. I don't know how I missed that little guy waving to me before! :oops: :roll: :oops:

Thanks for the help.

Now trying to locate level #135. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 am

Something very strange is going on.

In my inventory I have 134 stars. When I went back to the Floing Star I counted 132 levels completed (including Bouncey and Bitey).

The list also shows 132 levels.

As Wonderland King suggested, I went to look at the path to the Rainbow Portal to Wondertown but could find nothing.

Then I went to the Gold Key Star and saw that I'd done a level near there, so that's probably the one you mean?

It would be great if there was an official list of levels and the areas where they could be found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:05 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:Something very strange is going on.

In my inventory I have 134 stars. When I went back to the Floing Star I counted 132 levels completed (including Bouncey and Bitey).

The list also shows 132 levels.

As Wonderland King suggested, I went to look at the path to the Rainbow Portal to Wondertown but could find nothing.

Then I went to the Gold Key Star and saw that I'd done a level near there, so that's probably the one you mean?

It would be great if there was an official list of levels and the areas where they could be found.
Go through all the golden gates. West of the house in that area, there should be a star. Not an adventure star, just a collectible star.

There should also be 2 collectible stars by the OTHER wonderland portal. The one north of startown. :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 am

Thanks YY5!

But I'm never going to be able to accomplish that. I can't buy the last golden key because it costs 30 coins and I only have 28.

These 2 coins are in Suspicious Silence and Open the Blast Doors, which I can't do because I'm not fast enough. So I'll never be able to finish the game.

Oh well ... :cry:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 am

If you don't mind my asking, are you having trouble beating the levels themselves?

From what I recall, neither of those coins require particularly fast movement (beyond any you might need for the levels themselves) to get to them. :?
The one in Suspicious Silence, you just have to backtrack for from the Transporter section, and the one in Blast Doors... When heading to the top area, time your step into the Suction Tube carefully, so you can keep Pop (by flying into one of the Moo-Bots as it's between the tube and the Floing charger). From there, just use the Moo-Bots as a shield from the Zap-Bots, you'll be able to pop the transporter over.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:17 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:These 2 coins are in Suspicious Silence and Open the Blast Doors, which I can't do because I'm not fast enough. So I'll never be able to finish the game.

Oh well ... :cry:
If I recall correctly, neither of those coins actually require speed. :)

Open the Blast Doors: Use Brr to create a bridge into the room with the coin. You can hide behind MooBots to evade the ZapBots' lines of fire. Also remember that MooBots stop moving upon touching you.

Suspicious Silence: Simply backtrack on the horizontal-moving transporter. Here's my solution, if it helps you at all (and note that there are several ways to go about solving this level with the coin in hand).

EDIT: ninja'd
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 am

Aaaaand as for "Open the Blast Doors", the ending (with all the timer buttons) looks like you have to be fast as heck, but you don't. You really don't. There's an easier way.

Also, MyNameIsKooky, surely you mean "use a remaining POP to activate the transporter", no? :wink: At least that should make things much easier.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Open the Blast Doors: Use Brr to create a bridge into the room with the coin. You can hide behind MooBots to evade the ZapBots' lines of fire. Also remember that MooBots stop moving upon touching you.
I'm pretty sure there's also a way to Blink past the ZapBots and then blink into the room, making the MooBots unnecessary. I can't really remember if any special tricks or anything are needed to have Blink instead of Brr, though.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks YY5 for the explanation about the 2 extra stars. Picking them up had completely slipped my mind! 8) 8)

Muzo and Nobody - thanks also for your input.

Thanks also Qloof and Kooky, especially for the video solution.

Suspicious Silence is way too fast for me because you need to use floing bubbles to trap some fire or spell. I've tried several different methods, and the bubbles are burst before I'm half way across the top bridge. I've tried this level at least 80 times and I just can't get quick enough.

Open the Blast Doors is another matter. I can't solve the level yet, but will try some more.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Here's an idea that popped up in my head just now, this should make everyone be able to solve "Suspicious Silence" with disarming ease, no matter how slow. Note that I haven't replayed the final game yet, so this solution may contain mistakes because I'm forced to rely on memory and videos to see the level layout. Inspired by a "different" solution of "Rescue Mission B".
1. Use the brr-wraith and the bottom fire wraith to guide the bottom scritter to the left button without using flash. Go get the left key.
2. Take two gems, flash the remaining gem to block the scritter's path on the right.
3. Use ONE Flo and the brr-wraith to freeze-later the iceflower behind the green gate.
4. Cross the top bridge and move on. The scritter won't go through the gem, but you can go through the scritter.
5. The rest should be obvious. 1 Pow and 1 Flo are still there as leftovers.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Here's an idea that popped up in my head just now, this should make everyone be able to solve "Suspicious Silence" with disarming ease, no matter how slow. Note that I haven't replayed the final game yet, so this solution may contain mistakes because I'm forced to rely on memory and videos to see the level layout. Inspired by a "different" solution of "Rescue Mission B".
1. Use the brr-wraith and the bottom fire wraith to guide the bottom scritter to the left button without using flash. Go get the left key.
2. Take two gems, flash the remaining gem to block the scritter's path on the right.
3. Use ONE Flo and the brr-wraith to freeze-later the iceflower behind the green gate.
4. Cross the top bridge and move on. The scritter won't go through the gem, but you can go through the scritter.
5. The rest should be obvious. 1 Pow and 1 Flo are still there as leftovers.
Oohhhh... now that's clever! :shock:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 pm

I wish I found that during testing -- I could have tried to make MS remove the extra Pow and Flo, making this a super-tough awesome level (think "Star Crossing" difficulty) for hardcore puzzle maniacs.

If I'm correct, it should be soooooooo simple to execute, too. No need for speed.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:01 pm

I tried it, and yes, it is much more simple to do. Well done, Muzozavr! You can end the level without ever using a Floing and a Pow.

Oh, and here's another trick I found a while ago that'll make the action easier:
Stand far away enough from the ice wraith so it's inactive. Then put the Floing bubble (the Floing bubble you were originally going to put below the wraith) ON where the wraith is. Then get closer to the wraith and activate it. It will keep shooting spells at you, so get it to shoot one south, at the ice flower. Using this method, you don't have to watch out for the other spells it shoots; the Floing will guard you from them.
Muzozavr wrote:Inspired by a "different" solution of "Rescue Mission B".
:D :wink:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Also, MyNameIsKooky, surely you mean "use a remaining POP to activate the transporter", no? :wink: At least that should make things much easier.
Nah, I actually did use Brr. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Did you do that with the "fast recovery" trick? If not, then my mind boggles...

Anyway, good for you, then. I still think using POP is way simpler and more obvious. :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 am

:stinkyhappy:YES!!! I DID IT!!!!:stinkyhappy:

Muzo - you are a genius. What a clever idea. It took all the pressure off the scritter situation, and the poor little thing got to live another day!

Wonderland King - I also used your great suggestion re the placement of the floing bubble. Wonderful.

Now off to open those golden gates!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!