New Adventures: Barren and Z-Bots

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

New Adventures: Barren and Z-Bots

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:16 am

I have two adventures that I had planned out for the PotZ Editor that didn't exactly fit into my storyline or anything, so here they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fluffshery on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 am

Z-Bots was an amazing level! :D

Honestly, that first part especially seems like something Patrick might have come up with. :mrgreen:

<Though he didn't is not my point here.>

Thank you very much. :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 am

I've finnished "Barren", as well.
Thank you very much! :D

It was an other good adventure; Though, I found the dancing through the lurkers tedious and deadly(as I usually do).

Thanks again! :D

Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:17 am

Thank you! :D Z-Bots and Barren were both actually ones that I had drawn out on paper before the Editor 3.00 came out and so I had plenty of time to refine them.

Sorry about the lurker part, in retrospect, I think I should've made that a little shorter.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:33 am

I'm fine with it; I just find it tedious. :lol:

Picture a RTW level that's 100% about a massive block of quick and varying electro tiles...

say, like, something like Electronic Arts...

err...

never mind. :mrgreen:
I don't think anything should be compared to that.

Any how, my point is that I found it fine, just, for some reason, the most eyebrow raising thing. :D

Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 am

Jutomi wrote:Picture a RTW level that's 100% about a massive block of quick and varying electro tiles...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
My Level List
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Those were sweet! I agree, the first part of ZBot was really cool. I didn't think the lurker part is too bad when you're careful.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:54 pm

Fluffshery wrote:
Jutomi wrote:Picture a RTW level that's 100% about a massive block of quick and varying electro tiles...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I had such an idea, but I quickly abandoned it when I realized it's not going to work the way I want to because eventually they synchronize and fire all together, leaving no safe spots whatsoever. I wanted to make a "logic maze" with no safe spots, so that you had to figure out HOW to progress through the electro tiles without getting unavoidably fried. Fortunately for everyone's sanity, I don't think such a level is possible to create due to the eventual synchronization of all the electro tiles.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:Those were sweet! I agree, the first part of ZBot was really cool. I didn't think the lurker part is too bad when you're careful.
Thank you! :D
My Level List
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 am

Both of these were fun adventures to solve! Thanks! :)
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Thank you! :D
My Level List
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:23 am

Two excellent adventures, with atmosphere that resembles the main game!
I especially liked the use of misdirection in the Barren one.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks, I'm glad so many people have enjoyed them! :D
My Level List
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:41 pm

Barren: The 1st room was a very clever Flash puzzle - the one magic I think is the hardest to make a good puzzle with - so well done! :D I was able to win it without using two charges, though. The 2nd room was a master of misdirection. :)

Z-Bots: Easy, but pretty fun. The red suction part was very clever.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:46 am

Wonderland King wrote:Barren: The 1st room was a very clever Flash puzzle - the one magic I think is the hardest to make a good puzzle with - so well done! :D I was able to win it without using two charges, though. The 2nd room was a master of misdirection. :)

Z-Bots: Easy, but pretty fun. The red suction part was very clever.
Thank you! On the Barren level, did you get all the gems?
My Level List
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:32 am

Yes; I got gold on both of them. Do you want me to share my solution for Barren? If so, for which room? (I assume the first?)
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 am

Wonderland King wrote:Yes; I got gold on both of them. Do you want me to share my solution for Barren? If so, for which room? (I assume the first?)
Yes, that'd be great! :D (Yes, the first room)
My Level List
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:44 am

Great adventures, it felt as if I was playing Potz. Barren resembled its own style and darkness and zbots felt like the starting of potz
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Hey Fluffsherry,
I had great fun with your 2 adventures! Thanks for designing them!

ZBots: An extremely easy, but fun adventure. I didn't need to use the red keycard though.

Barren:
1st puzzle: Cool! A flash puzzle! However, 4 of the Faint Flash charges weren't necessary. ;) . (The puzzle could have been made much harder without those.) Just a little feedback...
2nd puzzle: Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I didn't catch the misdirection here. :? I thought it was a challenging puzzle. I did take some time to figure this one out, so great job! :)
I didn't use the rotator button at all, so maybe that's the supposed misdirection?

All in all, you did a good job! I think Barren is one of your best adventures yet! The ZBot adventure was also cleverly neat. Keep it up, and I look forward to your next adventures! :D
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:05 pm

samuelthx wrote: 4 of the Faint Flash charges weren't necessary. ;) .
Actually, same here. I said the wrong thing earlier because I stepped on two and didn't use them, while I didn't step on two others.
Because turtles maintain their direction after being sprung, you don't need any Flash to get them both into the water to get to the red button.
I assume you're supposed to get a turtle into the water next to the gems? Not necessary. Flash a gem, Re-Flash it into the open, and then use Blink to get the rest of them.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:14 pm

I see how you did that. That's a clever alternate solution. I think I know a way to fix that, so I'll do that when I have a chance later. Nice job and I'm glad you enjoyed them! :D
My Level List
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:50 am

Wonderland King wrote:
Because turtles maintain their direction after being sprung, you don't need any Flash to get them both into the water to get to the red button.
I assume you're supposed to get a turtle into the water next to the gems? Not necessary. Flash a gem, Re-Flash it into the open, and then use Blink to get the rest of them.
Interesting! I never thought of that.

Fluffsherry, since you are making changes to your adventures, here's my alternate solution for the first puzzle of Barren, if you're interested.
spoilers wrote:The green key can be obtained by using Blink. Flash a turtle to get the gems, and Flash the other turtle to get the yellow key.
I have a feeling I used an alternate solution for the second puzzle too, since up to now I've been unable to figure out the misdirection which everyone says exists. Could someone else please post their solution here so we could compare? :P
spoiler for second puzzle wrote:]1. Start with the top area
2. Get the turtle to press the red buttons. Flash the turtle and step through the red gates. Collect the green key and coin.
3. Re-flash the turtle so that it creates a bridge on the water tile near the spikeyball area.
4. Use the chomper to get the Lurker out of the way. Proceed to collect the 6 Brr charges.
5. Collect the gold coin. Only 4 Brr charges should be used.
6. Freeze a spikeyball in place so that the other spikeyball bounces towards the green button.
7. Freeze the other spikeyball on the green button. Open the remaining green gate with the key.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:17 am

You have a clever solution too! :D But, I think I figured out how to remove both alternate solutions and make the second puzzle room harder. I'll upload it in a minute.

EDIT: And done!
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Z-Bots was a great level. Simply getting started was the hardest part. :wink: I didn't solve "Barren" yet...
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:59 pm

the second part of Barren actually has a different solution now than I originally had made it with, so it's a little harder. :wink:
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 am

OK, so it's still pretty simple, but I did have to use all the charges I had. There. ;)

Last room was really nice.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Fluff and Barren

Post by Jutomi » Fri May 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, I managed to record your Barren adventure, Fluff...
and, then I didn't get gold, so I recorded a much better video - which is only one video in length, I might add. :lol:

I couldn't remember how to solve the Z-bots adventure though. :?

I hope you enjoy! :D