0. Pilot Adventure: Burst of Joy (One-Shot)

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

0. Pilot Adventure: Burst of Joy (One-Shot)

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 am

A test of the new PotZ features, summarized into a short, (if you know what you're doing,) slightly tricky adventure. I'll be starting a new storyline soon, possibly recycling some old characters.

Also below is my original PotZ features experiment test, (labeled "/" in the player directory so it doesn't stand out,) with most of the new stuff. Enjoy! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:29 am

Honestly, I've still not figured this one out; I'd love to try it out some more, but I'll need some sleep.

From what I've played of it, though, it's pretty incredible. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:30 pm

For the dozen or so people so far who have tried Burst of Joy, there are two solutions to the section after you exit the lava cave. It wasn't supposed to be like that when I first made the upper level, but some misplacing of walls and water and a button meant that the original easier solution got replaced by two equally harder ones. If anyone else asks for help soon, I'll post more hints.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh, neat, sounds like one of my adventures. :D

Yeap, I haven't figured it out, yet; I hope to try again, soon, but right now, all of my save files are filled up with Mynameiskooky's Esoteric. :|

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:13 pm

I think I know how to solve this puzzle.
The problem is that the trick lies in the start, and I only just realised. So now I have to do this adventure all over again. However, I felt that the Burstflower + Crab thing is way too tedious, so I won't be replaying this immediately.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:39 pm

I agree on that too - but that's why I like offering hints for those sections. Try again with these in mind, and you should get along easily enough until after the first cave section.
Hint 1 wrote: At the very beginning, kill off the leftmost burstflower. That's where the crab will head no matter what you do after you get out of the crab den, and it's safe from other burstflower shots.
Hint 2 wrote: After you get the crab safely to the Lurker area, collect those gems so you can blink there later. I believe one of the solutions allows you to collect them after exiting the cave system, but it's easier to get rid of them as soon as you don't need them anymore. You can use the space behind the spiky cactus to direct the crab from the key spot to the Lurker rather than to the gems and in the water.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Hint 1 wrote: At the very beginning, kill off the leftmost burstflower. That's where the crab will head no matter what you do after you get out of the crab den, and it's safe from other burstflower shots.
Ah. I shot the flower which was south 3 tiles away from the entrance of the den.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 pm

This was a really well-designed puzzle! It took me a while to solve. Thanks for sharing! :D

Of course, my favorite part was leading one of the crabs to their doom... :twisted:

My stinker also seems to have an uncanny addiction for spending coins. That proved slightly problematic. :P
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:17 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote: Of course, my favorite part was leading one of the crabs to their doom... :twisted:
THIS ISN'T OVER :evil: :evil: :evil:

But yeah, I find Lurkers a pretty cool new element, so long as you don't spam them all over a level and call it a puzzle. :P
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Oh my goodness, I think I'd faint at the sight of that... :shock:

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 pm

BUMP

Here's a new version of Exp. with more features testing new CMDs, greetings, and a few other things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:But yeah, I find Lurkers a pretty cool new element, so long as you don't spam them all over a level and call it a puzzle. :P
Well MS did, so............
yeah. :evil:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Exactly; The idea was all ready to be taken by the creator himself. :mrgreen: