April Fool's Day Level - Stuck

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

April Fool's Day Level - Stuck

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:58 pm

This bizarre level (which won't make sense to you if you haven't completed POTZ and even then you may not get it) was made by me a while ago as a way to experiment with my misdirectional/disguised puzzle skills, and I feel that the result is actually (hopefully) quite tricky. The blue area, the main puzzle part, has an easy, straightforward solution that uses all magic spells, but you'll need to figure out another method if you want to get past... the obstacles. :twisted: (A little understanding of the game engine will be needed.)

An important note: I'm posting it here purely for the spirit of April Fool's Day. This adventure is not any sort of message meant to be offensive or critical to anyone - just consider it randomness. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderland King on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:27 am

... I am so confused as to what is even happening.
My Level List

"Its almost scary how go to bed" -Morgana Probably. Persona 5 if you don't know what thats from.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:32 am

Even if you have completed POTZ like I said, that doesn't guarantee you'll get it - I edited my post to clarify that. (I'll explain later.)

I am a strange, strange person.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Is this some sort "POTZ IN A NUTSHELL" adventure.....??? Because I really have no other explanation as to what is even going on. :P

As for the puzzles, I solved them in the "easy straight forward" way, I wouldn't really call them easy, though. :lol:
I am still working on getting the rainbow keys. I am assuming I have to save a charger from each puzzle and use the remaining chargers to get the rainbow keys? I am not really sure since I can only think of blink as something that could help me get the rainbow keys, and there's only a single blink faint charger... :?
Maybe midnight isn't really the best time of the day to be solving puzzles. :D
Wonderland King wrote:This adventure is not any sort of message meant to be offensive or critical to anyone
How would this offend anyone? :lol:
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:17 pm

The four obstacles represent different ways to get stuck in the POTZ hub (hence the title). As two of them actually represent rather game-breaking methods, I'm hoping the POTZ testers won't kill me. :lol:

Let me know if you want a hint. :)
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Wonderland King wrote:The four obstacles represent different ways to get stuck in the POTZ hub. As two of them actually represent rather game-breaking methods, I'm hoping the POTZ testers won't kill me. :lol:
oh................. TIME TO BROWSE THE FORUM AND LOOK FOR THE "WAYS TO GET STUCK IN WA" TOPIC!!! :D :D :D :lol:
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 pm

|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Already found it, thanks! I am reading through right now, I think I know what to do with the z-bot area, I still need to check if that works, but I am pretty sure it will.
The rest? I have no idea yet. :lol:

EDIT: NVM I GOT THE RAINBOW KEY IN THE BRIDGE AREA
....AND THE SEARCH CONTINUES
EDIT2: NEVERMIND I AM STUPID IGNORE THE LAST EDIT.
My level list
Woof Woof
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:06 pm

DP
okay, I know how to get the key from the z-bot area, and I tested it, and I have a slight idea about how to get the rainbow key behind the bridges.

But the other 2 seem impossible to me without blink.
I guess it's enough thinking for now, I will have to solve the rest tomorrow since it's kinda late now for my brain to function properly, amazing adventure so far!

(There's a bug which sometimes (not always) MAVs my game when I step on the command that activates the Jeeboo, it's probably just a WAE thing and not your fault, though.)
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes, the bug happens every second time I do it. I wasn't sure how to fix it, but because it never happens the first time, I figured it wasn't worth it - especially since, with April 1 coming up, I didn't have much time. :lol:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Yes, the bug happens every second time I do it. I wasn't sure how to fix it, but because it never happens the first time, I figured it wasn't worth it - especially since, with April 1 coming up, I didn't have much time. :lol:
I just checked this and you're right, it only happens every second time. That's... very weird, yet interesting. :?
My level list
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 am

Alright, here's the full solution. (By the way, I posted the glitch on the bug topic.)
1. Cast a Floing spell and Blink through it onto the area with the barrel and 3 Brrs. While waiting for the bubble to burst, charge your gloves with 1 Pow. After the bubble bursts, destroy the barrel and use the 3 Brrs to make it to the area with the two gems.

2. Use 1 Grow spell to send the turtles straight down, forming a permanent bridge. Put a Floing bubble on the orange timer, put a Pop spell in it, then head back south to collect Pow and return north. Once the bubble bursts, Pow the barrel and head west.

3. Flash the Burstflower in your way and Reflash it in the southwest corner of the scritter island. Scare the scritter southwest, charge your gloves with 1 Floing, and stand on the yellow gate. This will scare the scritter southeast, pressing the button for you to go south even more.

4. Stand near the Burstflower long enough so it will kill the scritter. Put a Floing bubble on the red button and then Pop it. Collect the 2 Flash charges, wait on the yellow gate, and when the bubble bursts, you can head back north.

5. Head back to the obstacle area and Flash Hubble from across the fence. Reflash him on the spot where the Jeeboo is supposed to spawn, without actually stepping on the square that spawns the Jeeboo. Talk to Hubble and then collect the rainbow key that appears in his office - in doing so, you will have stepped on the square to deactivate him, allowing you to collect the key formerly guarded by the Jeeboo.

6. Use 1 Grow and 1 Floing to block the Pop shooters, allowing you to collect the rainbow key across the bridge.

7. An interesting quirk about timer logic: when a timer of a given color runs out, all gates of that color close, even if another timer of the same color is still running. Cool, huh? Put a Floing bubble on the eastern orange timer and put a Pop spell in it. Stand south of the left-facing spring and watch the Floing bubble with the Spy-Eye. After it bursts and the timer is about to run out, step into the spring and the gate will close just in time.

8. Pow the barrel and head north. Then collect the purple key and as many more are necessary to completely fill your inventory. Take the spring to the Z-Bot area and use the purple key to open the gate, collecting the purple keycard after. Head back north to the top key area.

9. Using the orange and green keys, open the top two gates. Collect all the other keys (you'll need to use up rainbow keys if you have any) and Blink onto the island below you. Open the west and north gate complexes, and evade the chomper to step on the white button. Get the chomper back north and run back down so he'll stay there. Head east to the spot north of the white teleporter, pressing the rainbow button and luring the chomper toward you.

10. Head through the white, then rainbow teleporter. Head back south and use all the rainbow keys to get the star.