Deluxe vs Classic

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Deluxe vs Classic

Post by majic1 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:37 pm

I just read in the Classic forum re. downloading & playing classic levels in the Deluxe version. I'm a little confused because it was my understanding that the Deluxe engine simply replaced the Classic. If you look in your Deluxe directory, you'll notice that all the classic levels that came with Deluxe still have a .lev extension. I have downloaded & played several classic levels using Deluxe. I haven't used the Classic since installing Deluxe, and I've had no crashes or problems. Maybe it's just a problem with this certain level. I'm no computer expert so everyone's probably going to laugh at this - but I was just wondering if everyone who's experienced a crash has also loaded the Classic after using the Deluxe. Maybe that confuses the computer???? :lol:
Majicaleetarina
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:35 pm

No I haven't played any classic levels in deluxe RTW. I deleted all the classic custom levels when I installed it, and the classic ones I've dowloaded since have gone straight into my old RTW and I play them from there.

I didn't want to have two lots of the same levels on my hard drive. I don't know why, just tidier I suppose.

I have only crashed once up to now though.
Pauline
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Re: Deluxe vs Classic

Post by Ramonda » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:31 pm

majic1 wrote:I just read in the Classic forum re. downloading & playing classic levels in the Deluxe version. I'm a little confused because it was my understanding that the Deluxe engine simply replaced the Classic. If you look in your Deluxe directory, you'll notice that all the classic levels that came with Deluxe still have a .lev extension. I have downloaded & played several classic levels using Deluxe. I haven't used the Classic since installing Deluxe, and I've had no crashes or problems. Maybe it's just a problem with this certain level. I'm no computer expert so everyone's probably going to laugh at this - but I was just wondering if everyone who's experienced a crash has also loaded the Classic after using the Deluxe. Maybe that confuses the computer???? :lol:
I use only my Deluxe when playing either levels. Only Zoro's has to be played on the Classic version as far as I know. His games are worth cranking up that version :D Try his with the Deluxe and either the game won't run according to his plan such as the first adventure. Or as in the second one, basically nothing but a freeze from game startup.

I've had a few stalls with the Deluxe but I was always doing something that wasn't "natural" at the time. Control, Alt, Del takes care of the problem for me although sometimes it takes awhile for task manager to function.
sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Post by sfseaman » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:24 am

I also only use the deluxe version for everything. I have not tried zoro's I don't think. Everything runs fine, except that in a standard level I will sometimes get signs from a deluxe level showing up on plain floor tiles. This has not affected play at all.

Steve
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:32 pm

sfseaman wrote: Everything runs fine, except that in a standard level I will sometimes get signs from a deluxe level showing up on plain floor tiles. This has not affected play at all.

Steve
I thought it was just me going loony! I get phantom signs as well.

Jen