Custom Levels

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Custom Levels

Post by lgrapes » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has been doing what I am doing...

I am working my way through all of the custom levels "By User".

I am having so much fun replaying a lot of these levels. So far I am up to Carolyn's levels...I have finished almost all of them, with a few exceptions :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was just curious if anyone has any comments about this option.

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Well......to tell you the truth......I was losing track of all the 'new' levels so badly, that I just deleted ALL custom levels and re-downloaded just the 'new' ones by user, instead of scrolling down through all the 'old' ones, now when I want to re-play them I load up my "old" return to wonderland instead.

lgrapes new levels haven't been played yet, I forgot about them :oops:
so now I can find them easily and comment on them as soon as I have time to do them.

I just now realized (after complaining in another thread about not seeing custom stuff) that I can't even see the test level with custom stuff that Patrick put up for us!!!! Oh my, everything looks ok in the folders but.....
:? :cry: :cry:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Post by sfseaman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:11 pm

Yes, I've been doing that some also. It's been fun. I did find that when you play an old .lev level after playing a .lv5 level, sometimes you will get the messages from the higher number signs showing up on palin floor tiles in the .lev level. Makes for interesting new twists.

I separated my "By User" directory into "Old Standard" "New Standard" amd "Deluxe" subdirectories, with usernames under each of those. Helps me to keep them all straight and easily find new vs old levels, etc.

Steve
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:04 pm

lgrapes, I have been doing the same thing and am about as far along as you. I wonder if the ones you haven't been able to complete are the same ones I haven't. It definitely is fun!

sfseaman, separating the levels like that is a good idea. I haven't downloaded any new ones yet, so it would be easy to start off using your system. Thanks for posting it.
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:12 pm

I'm also playing all my "old" custom levels right now - mostly because I WANT THAT STAR outside every level :roll: :lol: But also because I enjoy it very much!

I haven't downloaded more than 2 new custom levels yet, but when I do; I'll surely do like you Steve :wink:

Bina.