Wow

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Wow

Post by lgrapes » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I was out of commission yesturday...As my husband calls it "The Irish Flu" (one too many martini's Friday)...Anyway I noticed quite a few new levels were posted and some of the members were a bit put out by them. I agree they were not actually levels but, could we be a bit nicer. I understand that these levels may have not been actual levels but I hardly think that the person who posted them meant to Waste Anyone's Time! or that they were trying to stay on top of the posts...

This is suppossed to be a friendly forum and fun. After reading through some of the posts I was embarrassed for the people at whom these posts were directed. It bothered me how mean the posts seemed.

I agree if you have comments that do not relate to everyone a "PM" might be more appropriate but we have all done things that everyone is not pleased with. Also, I do not think that anyone does anything to intentionally annoy or irritate another member.

I have had my share of nasty posts directed at me and I must say it is not a good feeling... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am probably get back-lash for this but it just seems that sometimes when one member spews off it causes a trail of nastiness...

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:30 pm

For the life of me, I cannot see any 'nastiness'.

Constructive criticism, advice to a young person, anything but nastiness.

It's not so long ago that, you were criticising an actual level because it wasn't difficult!

If you are so embarrassed for the person or persons, why create another thread? Wouldn't it suffice to post where the original discussion took place?

I have had my share of arguments on this forum, none have ever lasted long enough to be of any note.

People are entitled to an opinion, I WILL voice mine regardless.

Nastiness isn't part of my make up, I would be the first person to lend a helping hand to anyone.

If you enjoy sifting through nonsense, that's your own business.
Personally, I don't!

Davimad.
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:42 pm

This is exactly what I am talking about. The posts in which I made comments on an easy level meerly suggested that the person title the level "kids" so there was not any confusion. In response to this post you could have sent a PM instead of blasting me on the forum...
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:19 pm

Did you send a PM to any of us 'nasties'?

If you open a thread like this, what do you expect?

I'm not blasting you, merely defending my right to an opinion and refuting the accusation of me spewing nastiness.

I take that as a personal insult, particularly when nothing could be further from the truth.

Davimad.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:29 pm

I agree with you, Maureen - I didn't really see the "nastiness" in the posts last night. Just opinions from those of us who are sick of the garbage!!! And I don't necessarily think it was even the levels themselves that started the "nastiness", but a combination of the levels along with posts asking people to play them and comment. THAT is what puts people off!
Majicaleetarina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:39 pm

By creating a separate post for this, you are deciding and making yourself the judge of what 'nasty' is. No one was being nasty or intended to be nasty to anyone. You don't like justifiable criticism.

There are things being posted in the wrong places and levels posted that are not levels, idle chit chat, and useless babble just to keep your post on the top. There used to be a proper procedure here, and if someone new doesn't know it, or doesn't care, then it should be brought to their attention. Otherwise the forum deteriorates and people leave.
If you were embarrassed, that is your problem.

ol'gramma
Carolyn