How to make sure you don't miss new levels.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

popo
Rainbow AllStar

How to make sure you don't miss new levels.

Post by popo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:14 am

For those of you who are missing new levels because of the amount of rubbish that is being posted. Here is the answer.

When you come on to the forum, while you are on the index page, at the right hand side there is a link 'view posts since last visit'. If you click on this every time you visit the forum it will list all the posts you haven't seen yet. All the new levels will be there, plus all the rubbish but you don't have to look at that if you don't want. This way you will never miss a new level again.

The only snag is that, once you have clicked it, you have to look at everything then, you can't log off and come back later or the pc will think you read them and they won't show up when you come back. This can take a long time, there has been as many as thirty posts sometimes when I look first thing in the morning.

It works for me, I never miss a new level. :D
Pauline
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:23 am

you can click "mark all forums read" after doing that. :wink:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:29 am

Popo, I have been doing this for some time now.

The problem for me is, I have a new machine so I'm back to square one.

Even if we do this, it's still confusing trying to find the levels that have been played but not commented on.

I used to find this easy but, there's so much rubbish to sift through, I get totally browned off and just leave it for another day.

I don't want to sound like a killjoy but, the forum has changed, certainly not for the better. :twisted:

M.A.D. :lol:
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:43 am

Davimad wrote:Even if we do this, it's still confusing trying to find the levels that have been played but not commented.

you can!! click in "view unanswered posts"
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:58 am

I know that Kaboom.

My point was, when you view unanswered posts, there's a lot of stuff I'm not interested in.

THAT is the problem!

Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:07 pm

aaaaaa!! :D I see.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:42 pm

Davimad wrote:Even if we do this, it's still confusing trying to find the levels that have been played but not commented on.
That's very true. It's the reason I don't comment on many levels, by the time I've played them they've disappeared off the board and I can't be bothered to find them. If someone brings them to the top again, then I will comment. :roll:

I know you can search for them, but you have to know what the subject line was - it's not always the name of the level. Or you have to search for 'all posts by' whoever made the level, and I just can't remember who made them sometimes. It's a hard life. :wink:
Pauline
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:27 pm

It is difficult Pauline, that was my point.

As you know, I have always had a 'thing' about giving feedback.

It's a shame that the level makers lose out on this, mainly because of the recent rubbish we are all subjected to.

However, I will continue to try giving feedback, just takes longer! :roll:

bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:33 am

I think it's funny how you're saying "rubbish" but not commenting on what you mean by rubbish. I have a feeling I know what you're talking about, though (but I don't want to offend anyone). Let's just say I have come to the point if there is a level posted by one of a couple of members, I just skip over it.

BTW, to see if there are any new levels, can't you just look at the Post Icons on the left side of the main page. It's yellow if there are new post, and it's white if there are no new posts. I can see in a second which forum has new posts and which don't.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:56 am

I'm so glad that you are having some light relief bpurcell.

If you read all of this thread, you will find why I am having a problem.

The 'rubbish' I speak of has been discussed in other threads, there is no need to explain it over and over again.
You state that, you don't want to offend anyone but, it's alright for me to do so?

As I have said, this subject has been discussed and now it's finished as far as I'm concerned.

Davimad.
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:27 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ok, ease up on the coffee. When I read this thread, I had not read the other post about "rubbish", so I was not familiar with the topic. I think what made me think it was funny was mainly the use of the word "rubbish" itself. It has such an interesting sound to it, at least to my California ears.

No need to be angry with anybody. I wasn't saying anything more than what I said. Like I said earlier, I hadn't read the other topics about this situation before reading this.

Remember, Stinky's always smiling, no matter how grim the situation.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:03 am

bpurcell wrote:I think what made me think it was funny was mainly the use of the word "rubbish" itself. It has such an interesting sound to it, at least to my California ears.
LOL you don't get out much do you... :lol: :lol: :lol: out of the States I mean. "Rubbish" is a commonly used word in the Britains, I believe.
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:23 am

:lol:
You're right. I've never been to the UK. I've been to Canada (so I know "eh"). I've been to Mexico (so I know Hasta la vista). And I've been to the Bahamas (so I know "Ya Man"). Clearly I don't get out of Cali much. :roll:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:32 am

What's funny about 'rubbish'? :?

It's a kind way to say 'crap', and means the same as 'garbage'. You put the garbage out, we put the rubbish out. And garbage is 'that which no-one wants'.

It's got nothing to do with 'rubbers' if that's what tickling you. :wink: :lol:
Pauline
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:26 am

bpurcell wrote:: I think what made me think it was funny was mainly the use of the word "rubbish" itself. It has such an interesting sound to it, at least to my California ears.
I don't think being from California has anything to do with it! I was born & raised in California; lived the majority of my life there. The word "rubbish" definitely is a commonly used word in Britain; thought most people were aware of this; the US picked it up from them and is now used quite often HERE in the sense that Davimad (& others) are referring!!!

Just had to throw in my two cents! :D
Majicaleetarina
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:11 am

Having a British mother means that I am familiar with most words and their contexts that popo and Davimad use in their posts, so I knew right away what they were saying. Although, without a British accent, "rubbish" does sound funny. :lol:

As for other common words or phrases, I can understand why people can get offended if they cannot hear the "tone of voice" that was used by the writer.

We also need to remember that there are several age groups here, and when someone says something that we might take offense to, we need to step back and look at what was said, and what the writer is referring to, before assuming that they are taking digs at us.

My favorite saying is "Never assume anything, it makes an ASS oUt of ME". :lol:
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol: