Private Messages

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Private Messages

Post by dylan1298 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:42 pm

"Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments in your Private Message Folder has been reached. Please delete some of your received/sent Attachments."

I get this message when I try to pm a screenshot. I thought I had it fixed by going to the user attachment control panel and deleting everything. Also my inbox, sentbox, outbox, and saved box are completly empty.
HELP, PLEASE!
D's MOM
LISA
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:55 pm

I've had that before and it seems like even if everything is empty, I still get the message for a few hours - 24 even, as if the server has to clear a cache or something.

You will also get the message if the persosn you are sending TO has a full box.

Also, you may have to shrink the image if the file size it too big, it will never go no matter how empty.
Loirae
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I have the same problem now, but it's even more then 24 hours ago since I deleted all attachments in my in- and sentbox except 2 levels. Finally I also deleted the 2 levels, and I still get the error-message, even if I don't fill in the username of the person to send it to.

It happens even with little jpg files.

Does anyone have an idea what to do about this?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Marinus wrote:I have the same problem now, but it's even more then 24 hours ago since I deleted all attachments in my in- and sentbox except 2 levels. Finally I also deleted the 2 levels, and I still get the error-message, even if I don't fill in the username of the person to send it to.

It happens even with little jpg files.

Does anyone have an idea what to do about this?
The attachment detection seems a little glitchy. This has happened to me many, many times. The best thing to do is to wait 2 or 3 days, then try again. If it still doesn't work, just keep waiting I guess...
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:01 pm

As a workaround you can upload the screenshots to a picture hosting site (google is your friend), and link them in your PM. I agree this is a bit of a hassle, but at least you can send people your screenshots.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks, Jacob and Slimm Tom
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

I got it once then im try to give MS my wdf files. and then i delete my all send message and my messages, but i got it again. then i upload it to MediaFire.
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 am

I see. So more people have that problem, there is no real solution, but at least there is a good alternative. Thanks.