can't see platinum levels

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

can't see platinum levels

Post by hydrocy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:27 am

extracted the platinum files into my RTW folder, twice. I even copied the platinum files into the RTW folder. However, when I download the custum levels, I can't see any .LV6 levels. Also, is there supposed to more levels available in the game? I can't see that either. Help me OB one Canobe, you're my only hope.
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

Revise to "can't see platinum levels"

Post by hydrocy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:31 am

To get things moving a little more quickly, when I said RTW, I meant RTWD. I have upgraded everything so far. Thanks
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:26 am

Hydrocy, the tutorial levels for the Platinum edition are in the folder called "Platinum set". When you download custom levels from the forum, they should be in the folder called "ByUser". Both are in the folder called "CustomLevels" See attachment.
MizQuizz

Having the same problem

Post by MizQuizz » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:42 pm

I understand exactly what Hydrocy means. I'm having the exact same problems.

From your example, I can see that I'm missing anything in my directory about Platinum Set; If I did the download and installed everything correctly, why is this missing?
MizQuizz

Having the same problem

Post by MizQuizz » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:44 pm

I understand exactly what Hydrocy means. I'm having the exact same problems.

From your example, I can see that I'm missing anything in my directory about Platinum Set; If I did the download and installed everything correctly, why is this missing?
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

can't see platinum set

Post by hydrocy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:12 am

Went to platinum set but I can't see .LV6 levels. In those folders, though I see them in windows, I can't see the levels in RTWD. That is the promblem. I can't see .LV6 levels. Help me. :cry:
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:28 am

When you open the game, click on Custom Levels. There you should see a folder for the "Platinum Set" and a folder "ByUser". If you click on the "Platinum Set", you should see a list of 20 levels. If you click on the "ByUser" folder, you should see more folders with the creators name on them. The custom levels on the forum should be downloaded into the creator's folder. Then all you have to do is open the creator's folder to play their level.

Some people don't use the creator's folders in the "ByUser" folder. Instead they may creat another folder for current levels, or some other chosen category. It is a matter of preference. Whatever you do, you must remember what folder you are downloading the levels to.

I hope this answers your problem. :D
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

I think you misunderstand me

Post by hydrocy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:48 am

I did go to that folder. I can see the levels in Windows so I know the levels are there. However, inside the game I cannot see the levels. The levels do not exist according to the game.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:29 am

It sounds like your platinum upgrade did not install correctly. Have you tried to reinstall the platinum upgrade again, making sure you unzip it directly into your RTWD directory? Don't forget to say "yes to all" for files it wants to over-right. Also if the upgrade was successful, when you click on the desktop icon to start the game, the loader will show it is the platinum edition. Hope this helps you both!
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Wrong program?

Post by chrise » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:34 pm

I think the problem may be which program you are running to start the game, since the Deluxe Edition executables are still present. If you are starting the game via a shortcut (e.g. on desktop or Start menu), right-click the shortcut and select Properties. You should be able to see the destination. To get to the main chooser screen (recommended), it should be Wonderland.exe within your RTW directory. To start the Platinum Edition game, use wdlgamep.exe, and to start the Platinum Edition editor, use wdleditp.exe - wdlgame.exe and wdledit.exe are the Deluxe Edition, not Platinum.
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

okay none of that worked

Post by hydrocy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:22 am

okay none of that worked. I still can't see .LV6 levels. And now everything is .LV6, my RTWD is useless.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:49 am

Try sending Midnight Synergy a PM with all you have done. Patrick may have further advice.
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

I'm in!!!

Post by hydrocy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 am

I finally got it. I think the part that confused me was that I needed to COPY and PASTE the files into the RTWD folder. I was just unzipping them and that was all. Thanks