Anyone up for some Wonderland Adventures?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 pm

There was a competition last year, and a few members won a copy of WA as prizes.

(But you also receive an e-mail when you actually buy the game, of course.)
John925
Rainbow Master

Post by John925 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 pm

This game is great! 8) :D I am in the sewer system playing water works (green key)
Don't eat your computer... or it might eat you! :stinkylol:
o_0
'-|-
"/\
This is Guy. Copy Guy into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:34 pm

How big is the File Size for the Full Version :?:
dlcs18
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Finally got a chance to play some today, the music, graphics,voices, new stinkers, It's all just WONDERFUL :D :D

I love all the little hats & accessories for the stinkers, they just crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:10 pm

EDIT: I do have it set on keyboard/mouse. I don't like the mouse feature. I guess after time it won't seem so strange, but it is so different from the previous releases. Like I said earlier some of the new features/equipment is just fantastic!!!! I guess I am just not a fan of this release, but then again not everyone will be. Anyway - all you wonderlander's enjoy.

Well I downloaded the demo version and gave it a try and I have to say I don't like it at all!!!! I think that it could have been really good - some of the new equipment is fantastic, but the movement of the stinker and reading the signs and asking the questions is just such a pain to go from the keyboard to the mouse and I don't like just playing with the mouse.

Anyone else get where I am coming from?????
Last edited by Chickie on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Chickie wrote:Well I downloaded the demo version and gave it a try and I have to say I don't like it at all!!!! I think that it could have been really good - some of the new equipment is fantastic, but the movement of the stinker and reading the signs and asking the questions is just such a pain to go from the keyboard to the mouse and I don't like just playing with the mouse.

There is an option where you can use the keyboard and mouse. Look in the options menu.
Insert stupid jokes here.
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 pm

It was very exciting to get the mail today saying Wonderland Adventures was out! Hoorah!

I've had a quick play (it's 4:20am here in Australia, I really should be in bed!) and it looks like a great new adventure.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:33 pm

ILoveWonderland wrote:
Chickie wrote:Well I downloaded the demo version and gave it a try and I have to say I don't like it at all!!!! I think that it could have been really good - some of the new equipment is fantastic, but the movement of the stinker and reading the signs and asking the questions is just such a pain to go from the keyboard to the mouse and I don't like just playing with the mouse.

There is an option where you can use the keyboard and mouse. Look in the options menu.
Wow! I never knew that. :lol:
dlcs18
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 pm

I do agree with the comments about the mouse; it just doesn't feel natural to play the game with the mouse. I'm sure it does come with playing, I don't think people should necessarily dismiss the mouse option particularly as this may remove a barrier for new players.

That said, I use a laptop and I'm actually using a touchpad and it's not really that comfortable to keep dragging my finger on the pad. I've now set the options to mouse and keyboard so I'll see how that goes.

I first got into Wonderland because my 3yo son and I saw it running on a computer in an electronics store. I probably would have ignored it but it really captured my son's interest so I googled it when we got home and we subsequently played the demo and then bought the CD collection. He's a big Wonderland fan and I worry if this one has too much text in it that it may not be so enjoyable for him. I do know he will absolutely love the characters though!

Say - a note to Midnight Synergy - there is a word missing on the introduction screen to the second mini-adventure where you rescue Stinkers. (Not that I want to sound pedantic, I just thought you'd like to know.)
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:43 pm

davidmwilliams wrote:I've now set the options to mouse and keyboard so I'll see how that goes.
Now, if only you could use the keyboard on the menu too .... :)
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Why is everyone (Ok, I mean a few people) complaining about mouse control, this game is good with mouse control and if you didn't have mouse control you couldn't use that glove thing and other things. :wink:
dlcs18
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks all for the kind words so far!

Chrissie - I'm sure there will be others that don't like the new gameplay style. That's why we have free demos for you to try it out.

I actually play the entire game with the mouse only (except for maybe 1 or 2 levels where I do prefer to use the keyboard for a bit). It does take a bit of getting used to since it is so different from Wonderland, but there are many neat tricks that you can do with "mouse only" control once you master it.

My recommendation to anyone: do try it with mouse only first, even it if seems odd at first. That is how the game was designed, and I think you will actually get the most out of it (feel free to ignore me of course. That is, after all, why I also put keyboard movement into the game).

David: I work/play on my laptop a lot, but I can't stand the touchpads etc, so I feel your pain. I actually just plug in a cheap little usb mouse and use that wherever I go.

Spelling mistakes: thank you for pointing them out - I know of two so far. No matter how often you go through the text, there are some things you just never see. :) Keep reporting them, I will get them sorted out in an update later down the road.

Cheers!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:52 pm

Thank you, Patrick! I am really enjoying Wonderland Adventures! And, I really like the mouse control! Love it! Thanks again! :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:53 pm

dlcs18 wrote:How big is the File Size for the Full Version :?:
24Mb
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:David: I work/play on my laptop a lot, but I can't stand the touchpads etc, so I feel your pain. I actually just plug in a cheap little usb mouse and use that wherever I go.
Wow - I'm humbled by a personal response :) It's great to know the Midnight Synergy team frequent the board and read the comments. I have to say, your games are brilliant fun. My whole family enjoy them a lot. It's the ridiculous time of 5am Thursday morning here in Australia so I'm the only one awake but I can't wait to tell everyone there's a new Wonderland game :)
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:00 pm

I've got my (No, my mum's) credit card and I'm going to buty the game now. :D
dlcs18
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:01 pm

dlcs18 wrote:I've got my (No, my mum's) credit card and I'm going to buty the game now. :D
With her permission, I hope? :D :lol: 8)
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:07 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:It does take a bit of getting used to since it is so different from Wonderland, but there are many neat tricks that you can do with "mouse only" control once you master it.
I think that's the salient point in the mouse vs keyboard issue - it's simply different to how people have been playing Wonderland for years. I would imagine the mouse will become a natural control method as people play the game more.

I can't wait to discover the hidden things that Wonderland Adventures offers! I hadn't been to the forum for a while and didn't realise the game was near completion; when I got the e-mail today saying it was out it was an unexpected (but terrific) surprise.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:10 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:
dlcs18 wrote:I've got my (No, my mum's) credit card and I'm going to buty the game now. :D
With her permission, I hope? :D :lol: 8)
Do you think I would just buy a game without asking mum? 8)
dlcs18
MaryUK
Gold Wonderlander

Post by MaryUK » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:36 am

Have just finished playing the demo, WOW!!!, I love it, have just ordered the full version, seems it could take up to 5 hours to be processed, so I`ll retire now seeing as its 1:30 AM her in the UK :lol: :lol:

Can`t wait to get up and see if its here later today!!, nothing else will get done again :lol:

Also forgot to say actually got thru the demo without having to ask/look for help!!, didn`t get everything but am assuming things may be different in the full version :D

WTG Patrick, your a genius, love the music and everything about WA, somany games have tinny music you end up turning off, yours actually seems to help going thru the games :)
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:38 am

Hi Patrick

I bought the game yesterday and I like it very much. Sometimes I use the mouse and other moments the keyboard.

A lot of fun. Thanks !!!! :D :D :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 am

Patrick - Wonderland Adventures is absolutely brilliant.

I'm enjoying every minute of it so far.

Mouse control is no problem, but sometimes I switch to keyboard for more precise moves or to rest my arm. 8)

I love the Little Stinkers following you around - that's my favourite feature so far. And like Popo I want a Scritter for a pet. :lol:

Thank you Patrick! :D :stinkyhappy: :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Love it. Finished the demo and got the ful version just this morning, and guess what:
I got me a PURPLE HAT and shoes as well. (and remember, I can see now, so no glasses ! ! ! !)

Patrick, you really are the very best. Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, we have to go out today so it will be a while before I get to playing again.

And yes - I also use mouse/kb option. I think that my playing fingers just work better in some places.
Will have to do some more practice with the mouse. I'm using a laptop so I don't have a keypad.

Yes please - can I have a scritter too, possibly a purple one !!
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:59 am

Does the save / load game work in the demo?

I saved last night and now, after loading, it just sits there shooting a smoking hat - the mouse pointer moves but does nothing, the items don't open it clicked ... I guess I'll have to restart

Can't decide yet if I like the new format or not - I love being able to tell the little guys what to do, but I'm still more of a keyboard than mouse user (grew up on CP/M then DOS!)
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:01 am

Ah ... figured it ... apparently the game saved with me in death, being shot at by the water plant creature ... never mind :)
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:24 am

:D :D :D I do love the sound track, Reminds me of "Saturday Night At The Movies" I also love the save feature. :D
Currently stuck in the sewer, Yuk! Though for a sewer it is very clean. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Getting use to the mouse control so no problem there, Yet! :D :D :D
Keeks
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 am

Hey all,
Is everyone having fun?
I am,now that I have found the place to pick up some useful equipment.
I am slowly adjusting to the mouse control, but have the mouse/keyboard option on. Thank goodness there are no time limits.
Patrick I love all the new Stinker names. (Racearoonie (?) is my fav so far.)
Everyone seems to be going in different directions already, I am sure to get lost. And I know I will be adventuring for a very long time.
The music is very atmospheric and the graphics are lovely. All the options for the Custom Stinkers are great!
And since the game is so HUGE, the save feature is terriffic.
Thanks Patrick.
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:58 am

Yes, Patrick, you have a lot to answer for. :wink: I am obsessed. I sit down to play for half an hour and when I look at the clock 3 hours have gone by. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Here is one thing that disappointed me a bit:

Stinkers' pompoms, hats, eyes and shoes. I would prefer to pick a color from a collection of 16777216 colors*/type HEX code** for each one of them separately. Can you do it MS?

BTW: I don't mind if there will be only 256 colors, but I don't want presets.

* Collection of 16777216 colors: see attached sample.
** HEX code: e.g. #0000FF, #FF00FF
Attachments
16777216colors.JPG
16777216colors.JPG (29.95 KiB) Viewed 6593 times
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 pm

Is there a way to replay a "level" (?adventure?) after you've played it, without restarting the whole game? There's a number I've done where not all coins/bonuses were collected - but then the entry arrow vanishes so you can't go back and do it again.