I can't minimise RTW

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

I can't minimise RTW

Post by lizwiz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm having a frustrating time with my RTW just recently. My computer went down (all Hands - lost everything) and I have had to re-install wonderland (and everything else).

Since I re-installed I cannot minimise RTW without it crashing. Has anyone else had this problem, and can you give me a clue as to how to deal with it?
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:05 pm

How odd that it worked before and not now. How did you used to minimize it? The reason I ask is the way I do it works well for me and have never had a problem but if it's the same way you do it then it won't help ya....what I do is play the game in full screen mode and when I want to minimize it I just hit my "windows" or sometimes its called the "start" key on the keyboard. The game is minimized to the task bar and I can then use my puter for whatever I need to, like looking for help to solve a level etc.

Hope that helps ya some.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 pm

I do the same thing: just press the key with the window graphic on it.

I think I have an answer: (but maybe not)
I downloaded a game recently, and if I minimize it (with the windows key) and go back in again, it complains about some strange error that somehow got there. :roll: :? So strangely, for me this happens not with Wonderland, but with this game I downloaded.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:27 pm

What I do is HOLD the windows key, then press the M key.

It Minimizes whatever window your in!
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Hey thanks people! I don't know why but it has just sorted itself out without me doing anything. - wierd, but I'm not complaining. I don't think I could cope with re-installing yet again.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah, sometimes you just need to let the computer have a little talk with itself. :?: :lol:

Once my laptop's monitor was really, really dark (I'd have to have to look really close). I didn't go on it for about a month, leaving it in its case the whole time, and then tried it again. It worked... :shock:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*