Unsolvable level on the level editor tutorials?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Unsolvable level on the level editor tutorials?

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:30 pm

I decided to re-browse through the level editor tutorials again, just in case some inspiration might lurk there. On the tutorial on sizing levels (http://www.midnightsynergy.com/returnto ... l/tut3.htm), it ends with a 14x20 'easy "box and water" puzzle'.

Except that puzzle doesn't seem to be solveable! :!:

It seems like I need one more box...or do I just need one more brain cell? :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:22 pm

I noticed that too!

There's nothing wrong with your brain - unless, of course, there's something wrong with mine too!! :roll:

Perhaps it's a test to see if we're paying attention. :twisted:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:25 pm

Oooops. Double post. :oops:
Last edited by popo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:20 am

Nothing is wrong with the puzzle: after a few sittings I was able to solve it in mind. Though I didn't solve many levels of WSW that you solved... :shock: I think something is wrong with MY brain! :lol: For this box and water puzzle all I need was attention. :?
1) Push these two boxes to the right. You get access to one rainbow coin and two other boxes.
2) Push these two other boxes to the left side. Push one box down.
3) Push both boxes down to get acces to the last two boxes.
4) One will help you getting rainbow coin, and one will help you getting to the exit!
EDIT: If you don't want to view a spoiler, you may count the total number of boxes and the total number of water you need to cover with them. Both are 7. That means, that with right using of boxes everything will fit.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.