If you blew it in the overworld in MOFI or POTZ, read this!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

If you blew it in the overworld in MOFI or POTZ, read this!

Post by Wonderland King » Thu May 08, 2014 3:37 am

Recently, tweetyangel experienced one of the major bugs/failure methods in POTZ that prevents you from progressing. I gave him/her some files via PM that solved the problem, but I figured that until POTZ is updated, I'd make files for the other major (by which I mean that there's a good chance you'll have it by accident) bug in POTZ and post them to help anyone else who needs it. :D If you've experienced another way to fail in the hub in MOFI or POTZ, let me know and I'll see what I can do. (POTZ will be the easiest, and MOFI will be a bit harder, but I can't do WA - sorry. :() So far, I only have solutions for POTZ bugs, but if it's in MOFI... why not? I'm sure I could do it in a few days if I tried. :wink:

Also, you'll need to know where your player profile directory is. One of two options should be true:

1) In your main MOFI or POTZ directory, you have a text document called localsaveoff and a folder called Data. If this is the case, then look for a folder called AppData throughout your computer. Somewhere in there, you should have a folder called Midnight Synergy. In there, you'll have folders called WA MOFI and/or WA POTZ, depending on which games you have. Go in that folder, in the "Player Profiles" folder, into the folder with your profile's name, into the SaveFiles folder, into the Hub folder, and then into the numbers of the savefiles where you've experienced the bug. Within these numbered folders are where you do my instructions about the files.

2) In your main MOFI or POTZ directory, you have a text document called localsaveon and two folders: one called Data and one called GameData. If this is the case, go in the folder called GameData, into the folder called Player Profiles, and the rest is the same as above.

MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE FILES IN CASE ANYTHING GOES WRONG.

(Also, I structured this topic so you won't accidentally view spoilers, so if you think you experienced one of these bugs, read A to get a vague sense of what it might be (very minor spoilers there). If that might be what your problem is, read B. It will explain the entire thing, and contain spoilers, so be careful. The higher the number for the bug, the later in the game it is.)

POTZ Bug 1
1A wrote:A character is in the way of a gold star you step into to get to a new adventure, at the top of the room. If you talk to him, he thanks you for helping him, but won't say anything else or move out of your way. There is an open wooden cage in the area that someone else was once trapped in.
1B wrote:The character in your way is a white-skinned Jeeboo. He thanks you for finding the Flow, but won't move out of the way.
If this is the problem, download Bug1.zip. In the folder I explained above, rename 110.dia to 120.dia, and put the file I made, 110.dia in there. Then
Talk to either the Jeeboo at the top of the room, or on the right. When you're done, talk to the one on the top.
POTZ Bug 2
2A wrote:You defeated the Z-Bots, but after winning, there are two rainbow gates with things you need behind them you can't see. Read this if you want more info, but it has spoilers. Refreshing the page will lead to even more spoilers.
2B wrote:After returning to Star Town from Wondertown, you can't get the gold stars because the rainbow gates are in the way and you don't have any keys. Check the link I provided above to see if you missed any rainbow keys. If you're not missing any, and there's no rainbow star in the academy basement, it's because the star disappears after you beat the Z-Bots, but you need to talk to him before he disappears - that's the bug.
If this is the problem, download Bug2.zip. In the folder I explained above, rename 142.dia to 153.dia, and put the file I made, 142.dia in there. Then
Talk to the ninjas in the academy basement.
Sorry, I know this was a bit long and complicated, but I hope it helps! :D
Attachments
Bug2.zip
(413 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
Bug1.zip
(490 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times