Generic Wonderland Facts and Findings Topic

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm honestly not sure whether this has happened or if it's a fault of my level or not but I accidently set a spikeyball to it's own data using CMD 52 however the results were...weird.

There were some points where it would bounce off a wall and go backwards and the like....
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 pm

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:09 pm

billy bob wrote:My apologies go to the POTZ testers for finding this.

I am sorry for what I have found.
Ohhhhh... dang!

I can't believe I didn't notice that earlier...
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Emerald141 wrote:I feel dumb now
Don't worry, I would've felt the same if I was a tester. :P

But at least we get an additional cool glitch in the game. :)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 pm

billy bob wrote:My apologies go to the POTZ testers for finding this.

I am sorry for what I have found.
I don't even know how to react or what to say. I'll let your video say the words I can't.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:31 pm

I just found a new method of crashing WA1 and WA2. It doesn't work in WA3 because you can't pause when the screen is zooming in. I don't know if this method is already known?

In the hub click on an adventure star then open the inventory before you move onto it. Once as you have moved onto the adventure star the item boxes in the inventory will disappear. Pause the game after the item boxes have disappeared and before the adventure has started. Memory access violation.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:05 am

As well as Star/white and Bounce/crimson magic in WA1 we also have Null/white magic in WA2. We can only get it in one area in WA2 and that is the first area in the cave in Wonderfalls. This glitch is done by playing (not Floinging back) the adventure "Pop Magic" then collecting the magic gloves then charging your gloves with Pop magic then aborting the adventure. The type of magic you had in the adventure (Pop) will be lost but the fact that the gloves were charged will still be kept. But as the type of magic that you had is lost then the magic will turn to the default magic which is the usually unobtainable Null magic. The reason why the fact that the magic gloves are charged is kept is because when the adventure is aborted the game takes away the magic gloves from your inventory. Without the magic gloves the game doesn't bother to check to remove the magic gloves icon from the top left corner when aborting adventures or moving between areas, so you can still click on it. Like in WA1 with Bounce/crimson magic, if you move between areas then you don't lose the charge. Unfortunately from the first area of the cave in Wonderfalls there is nowhere you can go without reentering the adventure. The reason why this doesn't work in WA1 or WA3 is because you don't collect the magic gloves in an adventure. The reason why Floinging back in time to replay the adventure "Pop Magic" doesn't work is because you already have the magic gloves, and you can't erase them like you can in WA1 and WA3 (using inventory across saves glitch, you can't erase items in the inventory in WA2 because there are no tokens in WA2).
Attachments
MOFI Null Magic.png
MOFI Null Magic.png (471.45 KiB) Viewed 17191 times
Last edited by billy bob on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 pm

:shock:

im surprised at all the stuff you found, impressive
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

New Wonderland Adventures trilogy glitch:
Normally when you cast a Blink spellball you won't be able to move or cast another spellball until that Blink spellball has landed. However, if you save after having cast the Blink spellball then reload the save then you will be able to move and cast another spellball before the Blink spellball has landed.
Attachments
Two Blink Spellballs.png
Two Blink Spellballs.png (651.32 KiB) Viewed 17100 times
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Interesting. Even if it turns out to be useless, it's kind of fun.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 pm

When you cast a Blink spell, you are frozen for a few seconds, so, if you cast a blink spell very far, you can blink somewhere else meanwhile.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Concept

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:08 pm

These glitches kind of give me an odd idea for a ballsy adventure. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Muzozavr wrote:How did you do that on "Double Lock"? Does it fire from a slightly different position if you do it in motion like that?
I start moving onto another space, then I quickly press the right mouse button, then I quickly hold the left mouse button onto the space where I want the spellball to be cast upon until I stop moving. Then the spellball will be cast from the previous space the player was on.

I have just found a strange side effect of the glitch which is WA1 exclusive. If you do the glitch with these conditions:
1. The game that you are playing is WA1.
2. The magic that you are using is Blink magic.
3. The space that you are casting magic onto is only one or two spaces away.
Then the space that you were moving onto while casting Blink will become "unlwalkable"; the player will be unable to walk onto (or fly over) that space until you reenter the area or save then reload the area. Magic spellballs can still fly through the glitched space. NPCs cannot walk across the glitched space either.
Last edited by billy bob on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Some time ago, WA's code appeared to be relatively stable with only a few "major" bugs. Then you found all kinds of incredible stuff and broke the game wide open.

If sometime in the future you find something completely insane like "carry fully charged blink to any place without needing a blink charger" I will be stunned by the discovery, but not surprised by you finding it. Awesome.

The reason I was asking about "Double Lock" is because if you just try to cast that Pop spell from that spot without moving, I think the angle is not suitable for Q-Spell and it doesn't work... though maybe I was doing it wrong.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

I can't wait to see the day when WA can be speedrunned in 10 minutes. :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Some time ago, WA's code appeared to be relatively stable with only a few "major" bugs. Then you found all kinds of incredible stuff and broke the game wide open.
I think that there should be a page in the midnight post about Wonderland glitches and speedruns. :D
Muzozavr wrote:The reason I was asking about "Double Lock" is because if you just try to cast that Pop spell from that spot without moving, I think the angle is not suitable for Q-Spell and it doesn't work... though maybe I was doing it wrong.
The angle is suitable for Q-Spell. If there were a wall on the space northeast of the space where the Pop magic is cast from then it would be blocked. :wink:

Also, I made a video on Star Magic and Bounce Magic in WA1. We all know about Star Magic but I was just wondering how many people know that you can get Bounce magic in WA1 (not just WA1 editor).
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:42 am

Interesting. I didn't know about Bounce. Nice to know that it does exist within the original WA engine.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Mayhem

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Hmm....

apparently you can do that blink stuff(Before the 9-space) if you have a blink spell in a flo bubble.

At least, that's how it was when I was testing a Desolevel.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Mayhem

Post by garirry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Jutomi wrote:Hmm....

apparently you can do that blink stuff(Before the 9-space) if you have a blink spell in a flo bubble.

I don't see why not. You always could Blink when it is trapped into a Floing bubble.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:17 am

garirry wrote:

I don't see why not. You always could Blink when it is trapped into a Floing bubble.
When a blink spell is in a bubble, the player can shoot a blink spell and move when the blink spell is still flying . This is usually not possible. I found this out while playing one of Jutomi's adventures.
Speaking of adventures, I've been pretty busy lately, but I might start playing adventures when I'm more free
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 am

samuelthx wrote:
garirry wrote:

When a blink spell is in a bubble, the player can shoot a blink spell and move when the blink spell is still flying . This is usually not possible. I found this out while playing one of Jutomi's adventures.
Speaking of adventures, I've been pretty busy lately, but I might start playing adventures when I'm more free
Oh, that's what he meant. :roll:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:23 am

Oh wait. I think he actually meant that you could shoot another blink spell while a blink is still flying (just like with Pop and Grow etc). :oops: :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:30 pm

1. While in the restart adventure fade out screen the player is unaffected by fireballs and enemies.
2. Saving in fade out screens then reloading the save brings the player back out of the fade out screen.

Using these two glitches various tricks can be performed in adventures in WA1 and WA2 (not WA3, you can't pause in fade out screens in WA3).
See video.

Also I realised that it's possible to beat WA1 without ever charging magic gloves with Pop magic.

To avoid using the Pop in the hub you will have to complete some of the arcade adventures which will require stealing the red key (501) from Fire and Ice (using Star magic or Stealing Items from Adventures) then using that key on the door to the arcade. We go to the arcade to complete the adventures so that we have enough stars to leave Wondertown through the east side, avoiding Zoopi Lala's Pop area. Completing enough adventures may require using the Inventory Across Saves glitch to duplicate enough tokens. For the mushroom keys there are only just enough keys that can be collected without using Pop, it does mean completing Pop and Blink without using Pop but that is entirely doable (you can leave the Blink charger section with gloves fully charged using a specific Blink). For Temple Ruins interior complete the lower two adventures instead of the higher two adventures. Remember to walk round the Pop charger in The Purple Shard.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Found some peculiarities with Flash magic...

It seems that if you Flash objects while they are in movement (Chomper for example) then they fade out for a moment before teleporting to coordinates 1, 1. But what you can do is, destroy or freeze the moving object after it's had Flash magic cast upon it but before it's been teleported.

If you destroy it then you will be permanently unable to cast Flash in the area, in the same way that you can't cast Flash if your previous Flash spellball hasn't landed yet. The player will make the casting spellball animation, but no spellball will appear and the spellball count will not go down.

If you freeze it then when you Flash it back then it will still be frozen (providing that the freezing time hasn't elapsed). If the object unfreezes then it will act normally. While it is still frozen then it acts normally with one exception, if Pow is cast at it then the Pow will go through the frozen object. Other spellballs get blocked by it as usual, but Pow spellballs go straight through it.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 pm

So we can walk through stools and pillars in Wondertown Museum by changing Morklin's dialogue to the one that gives you the Temple Ruins key without having already entered Morklin's Museum beforehand.

But we can also walk through rocks in northwest Wondertown. We do this by completing the adventure "The Package" without entering northwest Wondertown beforehand.
Attachments
Northwest Wondertown Walking Through Rocks and Trees.png
Solid as a rock.
Northwest Wondertown Walking Through Rocks and Trees.png (643.09 KiB) Viewed 16644 times
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Quadruple post.

The zoomed in camera glitch only works in WA1. The zoomed in camera glitch is performed by talking to an NPC (not a command 21, the camera has to zoom in) then without finishing the dialogue, exiting the game or aborting the adventure if you are in an adventure. Then when you load a save or start new game then the camera will still be zoomed in. The glitch can only be fixed by talking to an NPC then actually finishing the dialogue normally.

I'm not sure if this was already known but I think it probably was as it was patched for the sequels. But I found something else with the zoomed in camera glitch, and that is if you perform the nine down spellball glitch while the zoomed in camera glitch is active then the spellball will go down less spaces. The amount of spaces depends on which angle you spoke to the NPC from. Angles from the left and right make you go one space left or right as well as down. This means that, yes, it's not just random that it is nine spaces, it points to the bottom of the screen.

Also, we know the glitch where if you release a Wee Stinker or Baby Boomer onto a space then immediately start holding down the mouse button again then an expanding circle will appear. If we hold this expanding circle onto a box at the top of the screen (inventory, menu, magic gloves etc) then the expanding circle will expand from the point nine spaces below the player. Again if we perform the zoomed in camera glitch in WA1 then it will expand from less spaces below.

And finally, I discovered what could possibly be the hardest trick in the entire Wonderland series known so far. WA2: MOFI Blue Flower Early.
Last edited by billy bob on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm

billy bob wrote: And finally, I discovered what could possibly be the hardest trick in the entire Wonderland series known so far. WA2: MOFI Blue Flower Early.
...that's kinda crazy. Especially since the NPC that's moved just happens to be one where them moving does something
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Two new interesting glitches in the entire Wonderland Adventures trilogy!

First of all if you pause in the last frame of a game over screen, then you won't be taken back to the hub (or main menu if the game over screen was in the hub). Instead the game over screen will last a little longer, then it will disappear and you will be able to save again. Unfortunately the player is still unable to move. If Restart Adventure is selected then nothing will happen. Saving from here then loading the save will have the same effects as the Saving in Game Over Screen glitch (because it's another method of Saving in Game Over Screen).

Now this glitch is very interesting. You can pause via ESC on the last frame of a win adventure fade out screen! Note that this is harder than pausing in the last frame of a game over screen because you can press ESC too early as well as too late. After you have paused you can save game, resume, restart adventure, or abort adventure.

Aborting adventure takes you back to the hub, in the position that is set for the player as if you'd aborted the adventure (not completed). The star that you just "collected" from the adventure doesn't count, and if there was a command to come with completing that adventure then it won't happen, but the adventure you just played will still be marked as completed, which is very unfair (you won't get to replay it for the star). EDIT: Actually you can play the adventure again if you are playing WA1. For some reason WA1 acts differently from WA2 and WA3 and the adventure isn't marked as completed and can be played again.

Resuming or restarting adventure makes the fade out screen continue for a little longer (the camera continues to zoom in on the player) then something remarkable happens. The camera shows a random part of the adventure and there's a game over screen! The message that comes with the game over screen is "Careful... Stinkers Are Flammable!", even if there is nothing flammable in the adventure and you can't get that game over message in that adventure normally (EDIT: actually there can be different game over messages but it still doesn't make any sense as to which one the game chooses). Then at the end of the gameover screen you will be taken back to the hub and the same effects of aborting the adventure will happen.

Saving then reloading the save will reverse the act of going into the win adventure fadeout screen. However, you may just immediately win the adventure again depending on the way you completed the adventure. If you just walked into a star, then when you reload the save then you will just end up on the same space as the star and you will just win the adventure again. If you were sprung onto a star then landed on a different space after collecting the star then after you reload the save then you will regain control and the act of collecting the star will be reversed. I haven't tested all the methods of completing an adventure alternative to collecting a star yet but the adventure would probably just be completed immediately after reloading.

Here is a video of pausing in win adventure fade out screen.
Last edited by billy bob on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:19 am

Wow, that's absolutely crazy! :shock: