Hidden levels found in Krabby Quest

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Hidden levels found in Krabby Quest

Post by Kilicool64 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Chances are nobody here remembers me since I never really contributed to the Wonderland community in any way (unless you count making some of the worst levels ever created for WA), so allow me to now make my first at least slightly meaningful contribution to this place.

Using the Custom Content Enabler, I discovered five unused levels in Spongebob Squarepants Krabby Quest. By giving them the names of regular levels, they can be played. So I created a patch that does just that. You'll need to use the XDelta UI in order to apply the two files to res1.dat and res2.dat respectively. Make sure to keep a backup though. Note that since the version from Big Fish Games that I have has a unique resource (the company's logo), chances are this patch won't work with any other versions.

After installing this patch, check out the first nine levels.

The first level appears to be a test level for the building models.

The second level is Seaweed Shenanigans, just like in the original version. I left it here for comparison with the third level which is a greatly different earlier version of it.

The fourth level is a copy of Beach Stroll and the fifth is a shorter version of it.

The sixth and seventh levels are both Jellyfish Tango, although the latter uses Bikini Bottom's texture. Given its original name (later2), my guess is that Patrick created this level before the texture for the Phosphor Caves was finished.

The eighth level is a copy of The Looooooong Walk Home which I put here for comparison with the ninth level which appears to have been made to test the mechanic that would later be used in the former level.
Attachments
Krabby Quest Hidden levels.zip
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 166 times