How do you know this game?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

How do you know this game?

Post by Edwin Chung » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Since the open of this community forum,
there are at most only around 12000 members participating in this forum
from different countries.It seems that this game lacks promotion.
So,I want to ask,how do you know that this game exists and decide to buy this game?I really want to ask this question for sure.
Please also tell me that if you find this game on some game websites like Big Fish Game etc,why do you decide to buy this game when there are countless games that you can buy.

For me,My dad gave me a lot of this kinds of games when I was young and
this game impresses me the most. 8)
Last edited by Edwin Chung on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:56 pm

I somehow got introduced to Wonderland from Big Fish Games.
You posed dramatically.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 pm

So have you introduced this game to your friends or families?
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Eh, no.
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 pm

I first played Wonderland Secret Worlds on MSN games or something like that, I don't remember. I did re-discover the franchise on Big Fish Games later on.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 am

My mom found wonderland adventures on reflexive when I was very young.
can I try it, can I wanted to get it because it look like a fun game.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00 pm

I saw a YouTube video of a Return to Wonderland custom level. It looked like a fun game to me, so I went and bought the original Wonderland in order to get started on the series. The rest is history. :P
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I think I downloaded the free trial of Wonderland Secret Worlds from this website: http://www.arcadetown.com/

I eventually bought Wonderland Secret Worlds when I was 8 years old and spent years completing it. Then I bought Wonderland Adventures and spent a while completing it. Then MOFI, then RTW, then I spent a year or so making pretty terrible custom RTW levels, then I started making actually pretty good custom adventures etc etc.

So yeah, Wonderland's been a big part of my life for a long time. And I don't think it'll be leaving my life any time soon. :D
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:47 pm

I came across Wonderland Secret Worlds on ArcadeTown around 2006ish. I was 9. Told pretty much all my friends about it (I didn't have many at the time). When I wanted to buy it, one of them brought to my attention that RTW exists and has a level editor, so I got that instead.

EDIT: So Yotyot and I posted at the same time about downloading the same game from the same website? Interesting.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Similar thing for me, 2006ish (maybe 2005?), WSW, ArcadeTown, was 5/6 years old, made an account when I was 6.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Real Games? ArcadeTown? I don't remember actually.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:33 pm

i found WA on big fish, played its free trial and i got really hooked, so i got the full game, then MOFI, then WSW, then RTW. I never actually bought TOW, though.

Why didn't I buy the midnight collection CD? WHO KNOWS!
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Re: How do you know this game?

Post by nasko222 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:45 pm

I was getting Reflexive Arcade bundles with 150+ games, and i played WA1 back in the day. When i was looking youtube because interested, i found that MOFI also exists + custom editor (it was back 2010 i think). I got MOFI too and i didnt manage to finish it because it was hard so i started to make levels. I never actually posted my old levels to the forums and i kinda regret these days. I was active in the forums in 2011-2012 Especially in the "Ultimate HEX Editing topic". I spent my time from then to 2015 playing WA custom levels that people were posting back in time but then, i jumped playing Minecraft, and forgot about WA until 2018 when i finally decided to make new forums account :D :D

(i had account called "hacko" before but i never posted a thing, or if i did, it would be weird question that i never paid attention to see who answered me.)
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:03 pm

If i remember correctly, me and my dad played WA1 first. It could have only been mid 2008-early 2009. I was only around 3 years old, and me and my dad found the game. We played through it together and i have several good memories playing it. The one that sticks out most clearly in my mind was solving the chomper puzzle on "The Chase Is On" in the Green Shard area. After that, we played Secret Worlds, and my dad likes the original trilogy better than the the Wonderland Adventure Trilogy, although i disagree. We then played the Original Wonderland next. My dad helped me with the beginning of MOFI, but after around the time when the Ice Trolls freeze the Stinkers for the first time (in the camp), i played the rest on my own. I then played Return to Wonderland. By the time POTZ came out in late 2013, i was already 8 years old, and was able to play through it on my own. WA1 will always be my favorite, mainly because it was the first one i played, and i was so young when i did so. If i have kids, i will make sure to play WA1 with them when they are very young, so they will have memories like i do.
Slinker

Post by Slinker » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:42 am

From what I've seen other people on the forums say I personally think most people here have history with Wonderland since there's not much talk about it on mainstream sites. Especially the newer ones. We didn't know how to find games so a lot of us had a relative show us this game. So when we look back on our old childhood we remember this good old game and want to come back. For a lot of us, this game was a representation of our childhood. Every single time I listen to the secret worlds opening OST i feel a rush of so many emotions. :stinkyhappy:

Back when me and my mom were really close she found this game off Big Fish and showed me it. We played together and solved the puzzles. Idk how she choose this game out of all the others but she couldn't have picked out a better game for me. I guess she just really liked the friendly atmosphere this game had.
Student of the Wonderland Academy. The online alias that I mostly use is EnderWarden.

my channel is kinda cool. I upload when I have time to. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb2u7q ... _zb1TSiItA