Wonderland on Steam

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Wonderland on Steam

Post by omarogi35 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:11 pm

It would be better if Wonderland Adventures all episodes was on steam. I have 17 dollars and Idk what to do with it. I was wishing Wonderland was on Steam because I don't think there is a way to give steam money to other people. Also I wish you could hold a button to sprint. Usually when someone guides you they get to sprint and you do not. It just makes me feel jealous. You do not need to add an update to that if you do not wanna. But please developer Peegue or whatever you are called. Is it possible to add Wonderland Adventures all episodes on Steam? Especially Planet of The Z Bots? Because that is the only episode I haven't bought. Thank you.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:42 pm

I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, but if Patrick is going to come back (currently, he has barely shown himself on this forum since the release of WAE3), I will suggest him to do that to see if he can send his old games and possibly future games on Steam. It'll definitely help get him some popularity because of how low it is currently.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm not sure how it would be done, but it should be possible to get the games onto Steam. Not only would it help make the games more popular, but it will also help prevent lost copies (like for example if you're getting a new computer and lost the original setup file) because when you buy something once on Steam, you get to keep it on your account forever and reinstall it at any time.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:50 pm

couldn't someone else put it on stream? BTW I new to stream.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:48 pm

jdl wrote:I'm not sure how it would be done, but it should be possible to get the games onto Steam. Not only would it help make the games more popular, but it will also help prevent lost copies (like for example if you're getting a new computer and lost the original setup file) because when you buy something once on Steam, you get to keep it on your account forever and reinstall it at any time.
IIRC, all you need is to pay a one-time 100$ fee, submit it on Greenlight, and if people like it, you get to put it on the store. Regarding the lost copies thing, even if you don't want to put it on Steam, you could use Humble Bundle's purchase module thingy that allows people to purchase the game and be able to re-download it any time. It's great how much indie gaming has evolved, that makes me really happy.
Caton wrote:couldn't someone else put it on stream? BTW I new to stream.
No, that's illegal, unless the copyright holder (MS in this case) gives them permission and the rights to do this. Oh, and STEAM, not STREAM.
omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Post by omarogi35 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:09 am

garirry wrote:I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, but if Patrick is going to come back (currently, he has barely shown himself on this forum since the release of WAE3), I will suggest him to do that to see if he can send his old games and possibly future games on Steam. It'll definitely help get him some popularity because of how low it is currently.
He did message me. He is not inactive.
Caton wrote:couldn't someone else put it on stream? BTW I new to stream.
Its Steam not Stream. I think only the developer can do it.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 am

(On the technical side: a Steam wrapper for Blitz3D exists, but there isn't a real need to use if it you are only going to use Steam's DRM.)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:31 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:(On the technical side: a Steam wrapper for Blitz3D exists, but there isn't a real need to use if it you are only going to use Steam's DRM.)
Mind explaining what a "wrapper" is?
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:48 am

garirry wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:(On the technical side: a Steam wrapper for Blitz3D exists, but there isn't a real need to use if it you are only going to use Steam's DRM.)
Mind explaining what a "wrapper" is?
Basically a piece of software/code, in which the software/code runs/calls the software/code it is encapsulating (wrapping)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Post by omarogi35 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:36 pm

I kinda don't understand.
tyteen4a03 wrote:Basically a piece of software/code, in which the software/code runs/calls the software/code it is encapsulating (wrapping)
A code for the game?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Omarogi35, please try to keep everything in one post instead of making multiple posts for different questions. I've edited your posts in this thread as an example. :)
Also, I've noticed the forum has been acting a little slow lately. Try hitting the "Submit" button only once. It may take awhile, but it'll go through. Pressing it multiple times only creates duplicate posts.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:57 pm

omarogi35 wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:Basically a piece of software/code, in which the software/code runs/calls the software/code it is encapsulating (wrapping)
A code for the game?
Imagine a switch that turns a light bulb on or off. There is no other way to turn the light bulb on or off; the switch is the only way to do it.

The switch is the wrapper (Steam), the light bulb is the wrappee (Wonderland). The advantage of this is that you can add a lock to the switch so that only the people who are authorised (have bought the game) can turn on the light bulb (play Wonderland).
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Post by omarogi35 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:18 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
omarogi35 wrote:
A code for the game?
Imagine a switch that turns a light bulb on or off. There is no other way to turn the light bulb on or off; the switch is the only way to do it.

The switch is the wrapper (Steam), the light bulb is the wrappee (Wonderland). The advantage of this is that you can add a lock to the switch so that only the people who are authorised (have bought the game) can turn on the light bulb (play Wonderland).
Ik. Patrick has to add it on steam.