Just 100%ed MOFI!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Just 100%ed MOFI!

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:21 am

Finally, finally, finally. All coins, all gems, all levels, 128 stars.

Holy stinkers, some of these levels are just tough. I did use a hint or two on a few especially terrifying cases (I would probably never solve "Ice Flower Cave" or "Ice Flower Cave v4" if I didn't know you could place flo or grow east of the iceflower -- and I'd never find the spot to do it without using glitches if it weren't for the video... or killing the chomper in "Mystery Malfunction", I think the chomper was a tad too cryptic, tbh) but roughly 99% of the time I was doing everything myself without hints (including mapping out "Mystery Island", who thought THAT level was a good idea??) and without glitches (even brr-turn) and boy, oh boy, did it take me forever and ever.

I actually lost the results of my first playthrough when changing computers so had to start again :lol: and blasted to pirate camp/sundog island in about 2 days because I was playing fast and because I remembered a lot of these levels. Then I needed to not only do the levels in Sundog Island, but solve everything I've left behind... and that is what REALLY took time, especially since a few levels placed relatively early in the game are comparable (difficulty-wise) to some of the Sundog Island levels. I mean, yeah, "The Corridor" is a genius level, but did it have to be as early as the jungle temple? :lol:

I still have a savefile before "At the End of It All", so I might try to figure out the intended solution on "Rescue Mission" (because my solution was completely ridiculous) but since I got everything on all levels anyway, there's no pressing need. 100% accomplished.

And yes... MOFI really is hard. I think the biggest issue some players had was actually not the difficulty itself, but the difficulty curve -- in WA and POTZ it's relatively smooth, while in MOFI there are two significant difficulty spikes -- one in Kaboom Village/Jungle Temple (thankfully, a lot of the adventures are optional) and the other in Pirate Camp/Sundog Island. A few more adventures of in-between difficulty to prepare for the oncoming blow might have been nice, because both times you feel like you're reasonably on top of things and can figure stuff out and then suddenly... boom. The Sundog Island one was especially harsh. :lol:

Still 100% worth it, though, the puzzles themselves are sheer brilliance. Awesome game and I'm glad to have finally finished it, Loopy's secrets and all. With all coins, gems and stars in hand, I have finally Ended It All. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:17 am

Nice.
Last edited by ab-47 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Congratulations! :D
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:06 pm

And I was proud of myself for finally completing "Into the Deep Dark Cave..."

Great job, buddy.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:13 pm

LittleZbot wrote:And I was proud of myself for finally completing "Into the Deep Dark Cave..."

Great job, buddy.
I'd say the most evil level in the Pirate Camp is BY FAR "Don't Leave Me Behind" but I'll agree that "Into the Deep Dark Cave" is pretty difficult and pretty annoying, especially its second room. Congratulations on being persistent enough to pull it off!
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Muzozavr wrote:I'd say the most evil level in the Pirate Camp is BY FAR "Don't Leave Me Behind"
Yeah, I agree with this. On my last playthrough of MOFI (which was actually a while ago), that was the last level of the first 100 I won.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Wonderland King wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:I'd say the most evil level in the Pirate Camp is BY FAR "Don't Leave Me Behind"
Yeah, I agree with this. On my last playthrough of MOFI (which was actually a while ago), that was the last level of the first 100 I won.
That was the last level I won on my first 100% MOFI attempt too (Although I back then, it was years ago)
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Muzozavr wrote:I'd say the most evil level in the Pirate Camp is BY FAR "Don't Leave Me Behind" but I'll agree that "Into the Deep Dark Cave"
I totally agree that "Don't Leave Me Behind" is more evil, but "Into the Deep Dark Cave" was more imposing at first, with the darkness and multiple wlvs. Because of that, though it's not as hard, it comes to mind before "Don't Leave Me Behind."
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Into the deep dark cave? I beat it on my first attempt, 100% I was young at the time and I really like the series; to this day I still do.
OH GOD. :mrgreen: