Modded Levels

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Modded Levels

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi guys!

Recently, we've seen a growing trend of modified levels being posted by various users. While they bring new elements of gameplay into Wonderland, those who wishes to keep their Wonderland experience vanilla may not be able to tell modded levels from normal levels. Hence, we're introducing some new rules:

1. Modded Levels should be marked in the title using the "(Modded)" tag, similar to how you would tag an Advanced level (levels with custom content).
2. Mods should be posted in the relevant Custom Content section, and thread titles should follow this format: "New Mod - (your mod name)".

Existing modded levels should have their title modified if not already marked. This currently only applies to the RTW section. For WA, please see here.

Thank you, and keep the levels coming!

tyteen
Last edited by tyteen4a03 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 am

Hmm. Modding in Wonderland? Must be right up my alley since I like making mods and custom content, especially when I'm on Steam for Steam Workshop. I'm pretty sure modding requires Blitz3D coding, given the games are run by it?

What if we make a major mod like a Half-Life mod, changing up many assets like creating our own Wonderland game, similar to how WA custom hubs work? Would that be allowed here? Of course uploading the core game which the mod runs on (Like the .exe) would be illegal. I might be missing something.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:54 am

RoberTime wrote:Hmm. Modding in Wonderland? Must be right up my alley since I like making mods and custom content, especially when I'm on Steam for Steam Workshop. I'm pretty sure modding requires Blitz3D coding, given the games are run by it?

What if we make a major mod like a Half-Life mod, changing up many assets like creating our own Wonderland game, similar to how WA custom hubs work? Would that be allowed here? Of course uploading the core game which the mod runs on (Like the .exe) would be illegal. I might be missing something.
Mods like these are allowed as long as they adhere to the Wonderland Fangame Rules regarding the content of the game.

The only rule with regards to distributing mods is that the downloads cannot contain official Wonderland assets. This includes game files, assets or anything that could allow a user to play Wonderland for free. To get around this limitation, techniques such as Binary Patching can be used. (This rule isn't really enforced per se but it's here to keep piracy to a minimum).
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:39 pm

could Patrick add lua scripting to the game so it could be easy to add custom game elements?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:24 am

Caton wrote:could Patrick add lua scripting to the game so it could be easy to add custom game elements?
Caton, Wonderland series was made in Blitz3D. Don't even dream about things like that because Blitz itself is simply too old for them.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
byter

Re: Modded Levels

Post by byter » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:31 am

Hi,

The only restriction on sharing mods is that they cannot use licensed Wonderland components in the downloads. This covers any assets, game files, or other items that would let a player play Wonderland for free. Techniques like binary patching can be employed to get around this restriction. This regulation is merely present to limit piracy; it is not actually implemented. I hope u can understand. Also work on outdoor furniture.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:24 pm

you're not real
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:01 am

xdxdxd
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:11 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:24 pm
you're not real
I don't think they were speaking from a place of officiality but one of knowledge.