Wonderland Fanart

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Wonderland Fanart

Post by RoberTime » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:34 pm

Anybody made some Wonderland fanart before? Did you have art featured on Midnight Post, or yet to be? (Because let's face it, it's been a long while since the last issue). Post it here!

I've started working on two pieces of fanart recently. I'll post them once they are finished. But I did submit something years ago, the MoFI glyphs made out of Plasticine. Found in Midnight Post Issue 23.

Bad DSi quality is bad.
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:50 pm

My deviantart has several Wonderland art pieces:
http://genoofstarroad.deviantart.com/
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:33 am

I submitted something for Wonderland Gallery shortly after my return in late 2014, but it never got to be shown off since there hasn't been a Midnight Post since. Ah well, you can have it here.

Stinky made out of Mega Blocks. Made when I was 9-ish I presume, but I don't have the full details of this picture at this moment.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Alright here it is, the first of my fanart is finished! It's called WonderChibi...

Yes that's Arno on the left. Also I like how years ago Eee beat me to the punch with human stinker Minecraft skins, if you remember him. Youtube speedpaint coming soon.
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Nice Job + HD Wonderland Models

Post by Oats » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:01 am

While I don't particularly like the chibi artstyle myself, I will say that your humanized spins on the Wonderland crew are really cool and interesting, Peegue and Qookie especially. Great job!

In other news, I recently managed to remodel Stinky in HD, here's a picture:

I also managed to do Loof and Qookie, but Peegue's still on my to-do list. I've submitted the one's I've done to the Models Resource as customs, let's hope it gets through to the site!
Last edited by Oats on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 am

RoberTime wrote:Alright here it is, the first of my fanart is finished! It's called WonderChibi...

Yes that's Arno on the left. Also I like how years ago Eee beat me to the punch with human stinker Minecraft skins, if you remember him. Youtube speedpaint coming soon.
That's Amazing! I wanna kiss that Qookie! (Umm... No I don't... that'd be weird.) (It is Hot though...)
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Re: Nice Job + HD Wonderland Models

Post by Oats » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 am

UPDATE - You can see this model's full turnaround here now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9Kj3WtF54
Oats wrote:While I don't particularly like the chibi artstyle myself, I will say that your humanized spins on the Wonderland crew are really cool and interesting, Peegue and Qookie especially. Great job!

In other news, I recently managed to remodel Stinky in HD, here's a picture:

I also managed to do Loof and Qookie, but Peegue's still on my to-do list. I've submitted the one's I've done to the Models Resource as customs, let's hope it gets through to the site!
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

A Peegue Drawing

Post by Oats » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:55 am

This cool dude on Twitter named @therachetmaster was nice enough to draw a Peegue for me...

...IMO this is the best a Wonderland character has ever looked in 2D. Take notes, artists!
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 am

Oats wrote: I recently managed to remodel Stinky in HD, here's a picture:
how come your model looks alot better then a company midnight synergy's model? sad you did a better job then patrick did. :(
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:41 am

Caton wrote:how come your model looks alot better then a company midnight synergy's model?
Is it? It looks almost identical to me, with the hands looking a little more square-ish. Could be just that the resolution of the 3D render is higher, I dunno.
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:04 am

garirry wrote:
Caton wrote:how come your model looks alot better then a company midnight synergy's model?
Is it? It looks almost identical to me, with the hands looking a little more square-ish. Could be just that the resolution of the 3D render is higher, I dunno.
I managed to get a very similar look because I ripped Stinky's model from the game files and had a wireframe of him inside the model I was making the whole time, and I'm glad you all like this model. I've now managed to do the rest of the main 4 if you want pictures!
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 am

could stinkers have bodys or hair?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNBtdNgH0Ds
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 pm

RoberTime wrote:Alright here it is, the first of my fanart is finished! It's called WonderChibi...

Sorrry, who's Arno IRL? I'm not really into chibi either, but these are seriously well-drawn, kudos. Loof looks a bit too childish though, at least in RTW he was still definitely acting as mature as Stinky, despite the height difference.
Oats wrote:This cool dude on Twitter named @therachetmaster was nice enough to draw a Peegue for me...

...IMO this is the best a Wonderland character has ever looked in 2D. Take notes, artists!
Link broke. :|
Caton wrote:could stinkers have bodys or hair?
You mean clothes and hair, right? I think we all know from the series that they have bodies, or they'd be just as ghostly as the rainbow stars and shadow stinkers become by the later games. Nevertheless, funny.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:

Sorrry, who's Arno? I'm not really into chibi either, but these are seriously well-drawn, kudos. Loof looks a bit too childish though, at least in RTW he was still definitely as mature as Stinky.
Oats wrote:This cool dude on Twitter named @therachetmaster was nice enough to draw a Peegue for me...

Link broke. :|
Caton wrote:could stinkers have bodys or hair?
You mean clothes and hair, right? I think we all know from the series that they have bodies, or they'd be just as ghostly as the rainbow stars and shadow stinkers become by the later games. Nevertheless, funny.
Arno is a modded 5th playable RTW character, he's featured in cooldudepoke's mod for RTW, but I believe jdl originally created him.
Cheese!

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Kind of looks like a guy from Forest's End or Wonderfalls, what with wearing wee stinker green as a teen/young adult. Are we allowed to use his character for anything?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Kind of looks like a guy from Forest's End or Wonderfalls, what with wearing wee stinker green as a teen/young adult. Are we allowed to use his character for anything?
I guess, he's in cooldudepoke's RTW mod.
Cheese!

Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNBtdNgH0Ds fixed
Oats could you make the coily model in hd? I look at the model myself it doesn't look very good.
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Caton wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNBtdNgH0Ds fixed
Oats could you make the coily model in hd? I look at the model myself it doesn't look very good.
I could have a go for you, after all they are my fave enemies of the series, though it might be difficult to recreate the coil shape. If nothing is heard back from me on this you can assume I didn't succeed.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:05 pm

have ever thoght of using blender3d?
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Caton wrote:have ever thoght of using blender3d?
I use Blender quite often, actually. I was about to make an HD render of my Peegue model, but I gave up because I hate rigging and then weight painting hands. Anyway, how could I use blender to make the job easier? Is there a way?
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:18 pm

You should render it with Cycles Render.
why not ask on the blender3d forums?
are you updated to the lastest version of blender3d?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Oats wrote:My deviantart has several Wonderland art pieces:
I like the minimalist ones and the Stinky trophy. They look really polished.
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Oats wrote:My deviantart has several Wonderland art pieces:
I like the minimalist ones and the Stinky trophy. They look really polished.
Glad you checked it all out :) The stinky trophy took me forever to make, even involving the Unity game engine at one point. I use the minimalist pieces for stuff like profile pictures and desktop backgrounds nowadays, too!