WA1 Glitch - Keep Blink Magic Across Areas

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

WA1 Glitch - Keep Blink Magic Across Areas

Post by billy bob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 am

WA1 is one of those games that will never stop getting more and more broken.

Today on 5th February 2017, I found a way to retain Blink magic through areas, through adventures, and through pretty much anything really.

The glitch itself is incredibly complicated (but not that difficult) and requires combining three other glitches in order to activate it. But once as it's activated, you'll have it for the rest of the game (unless you recollect the magic gloves).

Basically as long as you're on the save the glitch was activated on you'll always have Blink magic. You won't be able to have any other types of magic but that doesn't really matter as Blink magic is by far the best anyway.

The glitch takes place in the Cedric-in-the-Morning area just after the magic gloves are collected.
Without starting any adventures after we've collected the magic gloves we need to do these three things at the same time:
Murder an NPC to start an NPC game over fade out screen.
Move onto an adventure star to start a start adventure fade out screen.
Have the magic gloves charged with Blink magic.
It is possible to have all three of these things happen simultaneously with setups.

This is the easiest setup for the glitch:
You are in the Cedric-in-the-Morning area, and you haven't started any adventures since you collected the magic gloves.
Charge your magic gloves with Blink then get rid of eight Blink charges so that you have one left.
Move onto the space below the lower Blink charger.
Cast Blink onto the higher Blink charger then immediately save your game.
Wait until the Blink spellball has landed so that you have Blink magic then load the save that you just made.
Hold down the ESC key while the game is loading so that it pauses as soon as it stops loading.
Resume game for a small moment then pause the game again (this is so that the icons at the top of the screen can be clicked on).
While the game is still paused click on the magic gloves icon in the top left corner to activate Star magic (it will be activated when you resume).
Click load game on the menu then place the cursor onto the space one space below Cedric-in-the-Morning.
Press ESC to resume the game then immediately click the left mouse button to cast Star magic towards Cedric-in-the-Morning.
As soon as the Blink spellball has landed pause the game then click load game on the menu.
Place the cursor onto the space one space above the player then press ESC then immediately press left click then immediately pause again.
Click load game on the menu then place the cursor onto the space at the top of the screen where the adventure star is.
Press ESC to resume game then immediately repeatedly press left click to cast Blink onto the adventure star above.

What should happen is, the NPC game over screen should start, but then it should be interrupted by the adventure title screen, then when you click out of the adventure title screen all you need to do is press right click and it will be apparent to you that you have Blink magic. This Blink magic will never go away on this save (unless you recollect the magic gloves).

There are some things to note:
The game will tell you that you have nine Blink charges. But when these nine charges get to 0, the Blink doesn't go away and it just carries on into negative numbers.
However, something different happens when the charge gets to 0; you will no longer be able to activate the magic gloves by right clicking. So once as you have cast nine Blink spellballs, you will only be able to activate the magic gloves by clicking on the gloves icon in the top left corner.
The magic gloves icon in the top left corner can go away sometimes. All fade out screens except red arrow area transition fade out screens actually get rid of the gloves icon in the top left corner.
When there's no magic gloves icon in the top left corner, we can't click on it to activate the magic gloves. Now this wouldn't be a problem if we could just right click to activate the magic gloves, but once as the glove charge stops being positive that no longer works. When the glove charge isn't positive and the gloves icon isn't in the top left corner then there's no means of activating the magic gloves, but fortunately there's a simple way of getting the gloves icon back into the top left corner. All you need to do is; save the game, then reload the save that you just made. This brings the gloves icon back in the top left corner so that you can click on it to activate the magic gloves. This will need to be done after winning adventures, and sometimes after starting adventures.
Attachments
Forever Forest Skip.png
Forever Forest Skip.png (498 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
Last edited by billy bob on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Impressive! Not even the smallest glitch is safe from you, eh? :P
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Wow, this can be the perfect trick for anybody attempting to speedrun the game. Excellent find!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Impressive find. I can see this being used in future speedruns.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:33 am

I made a video tutorial which you might find useful if you had trouble getting the glitch to work or just want a laugh. I'd appreciate if you watched it and gave me some feedback. :) https://youtu.be/P-3r4sFhQmo
Well done, Billy Bob!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 am

cloudrac3r wrote:I made a video tutorial which you might find useful if you had trouble getting the glitch to work or just want a laugh. I'd appreciate if you watched it and gave me some feedback. :) https://youtu.be/P-3r4sFhQmo
Well done, Billy Bob!
This is actually really useful, as I was really confused by how you're supposed to do it. Seems to have cleared up stuff. Thanks!