Game Purchasing Issues

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Game Purchasing Issues

Post by RoberTime » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:00 am

I'm considering getting a couple of MS Game CD's this upcoming fall. One for myself, and one for somebody else, by the way.

But I came across some problems while examining the checkout page. Not that I was going to buy now, but wanted to see what I have to do when I'm ready to purchase. When I first came to the checkout page, I can see my total coming in CAD. But now, no matter what, it will always stay on USD and I don't want that. (In case you haven't known, CAD pricing is higher here than USD since 2014). Also there is no currency setting for CAD until the page decides to make the total CAD for some reason.

Also, I used to buy such games via Amazon Checkout with a Prepaid credit card. I could've went with Amazon Gift Card, but I don't think they were around then. I purchased these games somewhere from late 2013 to 2014. But now given that I always get online goods via Amazon with its gift cards, I can't seem to find the Amazon Checkout payment method anymore. Are they aware it's gone? What happened to it?

One other thing, I accidentally added a product I didn't want onto the cart, and it's stuck on there when I add the CD to it. There doesn't seem to be a cart removal thing and the only way is to buy the game with the CD, which seems a bit fruity.

Is this the fault of BMT Micro, which the game ordering is fully structured on? Is there a way to fix such problems? This is actually nothing very crucial as I can go and get another prepaid credit card to buy the CD, however, I find Amazon cards much more simple to shop with.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:27 am

I know I just made a topic like this but I might jump on the question wagon here too.

so because I live in Scotland I use pounds instead of dollars. will it convert my pounds into dollars or do I need to do some shenanigans to make it work?

(as for your question I'm really not sure. Sorry! :( )
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm

The checkout should tell you the final currency.

(BMT Micro is ancient so I'm probably not a lot of help here)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:16 am

I checked back on the site today. They have literally revamped the checkout page for purchasing goods on the site. They now have a bigger variety of currencies to choose from plus Amazon Checkout is there.

Turns out, I can't seem to purchase via Amazon gift card with Amazon Checkout, and it's not the Canadian Amazon it directs me to. But I'm totally okay with Prepaid Credit Card. I don't usually purchase online goods using them but of course I'll use one for things Amazon doesn't have. Problem resolved I guess.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm

It seems the great Midnight Synergy in the sky has heard your prayers. :)
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936