Wonderland "Fears"+other junk

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Wonderland "Fears"+other junk

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 am

So I'm moving this conversation to here
I always jumped out my skin when you got hit by a fireball or something and the stinker makes a loud scream in the WA series.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am

Thought that I'd move the other fears here too.

People seemed to be scared of thwarts to the point of crying.

I used to be scared of the crabs and giant fire flowers from MoFI. :lol:
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:01 am

I don't understand why, they don't seem so scary.

this isn't a fear, more of a curiosity. at the start of WA, there's this rainbow gate hidden somewhere on the left-hand side. I don't actually know what it was.

Does anyone else know what it was for?
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:24 am

Airie wrote:I don't understand why, they don't seem so scary.

this isn't a fear, more of a curiosity. at the start of WA, there's this rainbow gate hidden somewhere on the left-hand side. I don't actually know what it was.

Does anyone else know what it was for?
It's secret room :D
To enter into it you have to complete all the levels in the ruins to remain a rainbow key as excess. Use it to unlock that door. I will not tell you what is there :twisted:
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:28 am

In one adventure I made there was incredibly fast chomper. I accidentally let him free. When he just appeared in front of me and he ate me, my 'heart stopped' :shock:
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:30 am

hmmm, im interested now. I have the game on my old laptop but I need to find a charger. once I do though I'll finally be able to complete WA and MOFI
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:12 pm

I've managed to turn it on. it actually works well considering how old it is.......
but it's using windows vista so it's really weird
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Airie wrote:I've managed to turn it on. it actually works well considering how old it is.......
but it's using windows vista so it's really weird
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that feeling. I used all my life windows XP until last year when I moved to windows 7 :lol:
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:46 pm

I remember my early times playing WA, the cave/forest music sounded quite ominous to the point where I was afraid of the dark at some times.

Next thing you know, the same music was used in Quertyx in PoTZ, and once I went for a walk in its cave, the music began to slow down and really spooked me out :evil:
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 pm

dear god when do you guys go to sleep

anyway when Shiver appeared in MOFI I was really scared I nearly turned off the game (though you can't use the start button to exit MOFI :evil: :evil:)
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 pm

I GO TO SLEEP WHEN I WANT!!! :x :x :x

seriously though its like 5pm here
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I'd say that the thing that creeped me out would be the concept of being hit by a "Perma-brr" spell.

Being stuck, unable to do anything but watch always seemed to be terrible. Being extremely cold wouldn't help, either.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:31 pm

guys quick question

how do you delete a player in WA? I made too many when i was younger and need to make space to play it again
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Airie wrote:guys quick question

how do you delete a player in WA? I made too many when i was younger and need to make space to play it again
I don't know. Try with delete button on your keyboard :?
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 pm

it didn't work but i found a player that hadn't even started the game so I'm fine for now
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Earlier on someone was talking about how chasm chase was difficult and boring. I'm actually playing it right now and you're right. it's so annoying! :x
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Airie wrote:Earlier on someone was talking about how chasm chase was difficult and boring. I'm actually playing it right now and you're right. it's so annoying! :x
That was me :lol:
Yes it is :x
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:01 am

PhoenixBlaze wrote:dear god when do you guys go to sleep

anyway when Shiver appeared in MOFI I was really scared I nearly turned off the game (though you can't use the start button to exit MOFI :evil: :evil:)
We don't. :wink:

Anyways, Shiver didn't scare me at all when I first played MoFI. I was only scared of the crabs when I reached that point of the game.
Cheese!

Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 am

FinnThor wrote:
PhoenixBlaze wrote:dear god when do you guys go to sleep

We don't. :wink:

Anyways, Shiver didn't scare me at all when I first played MoFI. I was only scared of the crabs when I reached that point of the game.
Crabs? Why? They're not scary like Shiver...
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Re: Wonderland "Fears"+other junk

Post by cloudrac3r » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 am

Airie wrote:I always jumped out my skin when you got hit by a fireball or something and the stinker makes a loud scream in the WA series.
I think we all do that! There was a conversation about this some months back, until I hijacked that topic with Wonderland/DDR. :lol:

My greatest fear was the spikey balls in The Pump House. For some reason, 7-year-old me couldn't get past that level, and I filled up all my save slots with games where I got up to that point. Until I finally managed to complete it. Ah well.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 pm

When I first played the pump house, I'm sure it was really easy.

I can see how it could be difficult though
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I always used Select Level to restart a level in the classic trilogy because I didn't like seeing the stinkers blow up by using Restart Level. :roll:
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Does anybody remember WSW void level called 'Transporting !!'
When I was a kid it was only void level that I was able to complete...
Last month I replayed all void levels for some reasons, I completed all levels easily except 'Transporting !!'. I do not know how I managed it before because it is extremely hard for me now :shock:
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Hah, when I have beaten WSW back in the day, I just realized that "Escape from the Void" is really the only level required to do so. The rest of the levels require and yield Rainbow Stars. (You have to play ALL the Rainbow Star levels to reach the final level)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:49 am

When Stinky dies.

I also have the same feeling when I die from FPSes; it's a reason I don't play these games.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:When Stinky dies.

I also have the same feeling when I die from FPSes; it's a reason I don't play these games.
Classic or WA Trilogy?

If it's from the Classic trilogy, I don't really understand how you get the same feeling from dying in FPSes. In FPSes, you do something like explode or fall on the ground. (Or much more bloody violent stuff that's too violent)
In the classic trilogy, Stinky FLIES up into the air to explode into stars. That is a drastic change from FPSes.

If it's from the WA Trilogy, that's kinda similar to some ways you can die (exploding), so I can see how you might faintly feel that feeling.
Cheese!

billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Airie wrote:how do you delete a player in WA? I made too many when i was younger and need to make space to play it again
Usually in the games you can use the "delete" key while in the profile selection screen to delete profiles.
In RTW and WA1 however, this doesn't work. In order to delete profiles you have to go into the folders of the game and manually delete them.
Also, make sure you never delete the "Default" profile in the WA games otherwise weird stuff happens.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 am

The most recent adventure I played where I had a huge shock was cooldudepoke's Mr Boombert adventure. The shock was so unexpected that I just jumped when it happened. On the other hand I don't usually get shocked when I know that the adventure is going to be scary, or when it has an obviously menacing atmosphere, e.g. The End

For the Classic Trilogy, I don't get scared easily though. I guess it's just that the dying sound in WA is much more abrupt than the sound in RTW :lol:
Last edited by samuelthx on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 am

DP my bad
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:45 am

billy bob wrote:Also, make sure you never delete the "Default" profile in the WA games otherwise weird stuff happens.
Upss. I did it in my side editor where I am testing my adventures. I can no longer use the keyboard to move :lol: