What happened to the Thwarts?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

What happened to the Thwarts?

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:14 pm

I finished 100 percenting POTZ and i noticed something odd. I am sure you know about the victory tour levels that you unlock after beating the game, in which you go to multiple locations where characters congratulate you on saving the universe from the Z-Bots. There are five of these levels if i remember the correctly and the first three are normal, you go to Wonderland, Fire Island and Sundog Island where you are thanked by Stinkers, Kabooms and the Ice Trolls respectively. The final two levels are quite odd, but the fourth one is the one i am talking about. You appear in the thwarts cave and all that is there is a sign. The sign tells you the the Thwarts had "issues" to deal with and leave you a star. What i want to know is what these issues are. My theory is that because you just destroyed the Void, the Thwarts are now displaced and are planning to get revenge on the Stinkers. Does anyone else of other ideas.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: What happened to the Thwarts?

Post by garirry » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Revenge? What for? It's heavily implied in the ending of WA1 that the Thwarts learned from their mistakes and likely integrated with the stinkers. I don't think the Thwarts even lived in the Void anymore. And I don't recall the Void being destroyed, although I may be misremembering the story a bit. The "issues" could be anything, but I don't think revenge particularly makes sense.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 pm

If you do not remember, in POTZ we learn that Z-Bot Prime (The leader of the Z-Bots) found the void crystal, which teared a rip in spacetime, and allowed the void to make it's way into the universe. At the end of the game, we destroy the void crystal and the void itself. Oddly enough, after the ending cutscene of WA, the Thwarts are never seen again in any of the games.

Albeit, the void is inconsistent in it's nature throught the game. In Secret Worlds, the void is a storm system which swept the wee stinkers away. In WA, the void is a location on the other side of wonderland. And in POTZ, the void is some sort of cosmic dark matter.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 am

I too don't think thwarts want to take a revenge on stinkers. In the game it is said that they helped in placing the Star Ship in WonderTown Park. It may be anything... I am devoid of ideas! :oops:

Anyways there are a few more unanswered questions as well:
1. Once you defeat the Z-Bots and go back to Star Summit, Hawking tells that Wysp has found a strange new world. What could be that strange world?
2. Twinkle said Kepler is solving a mystery in Barren. But in Barren you never meet Kepler. There are lots of assumptions of this mystery. I think it could be "Blue Flower" or how to get into stone structures.

There may be more but I am able to remember only there two!
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 pm
Albeit, the void is inconsistent in it's nature throught the game. In Secret Worlds, the void is a storm system which swept the wee stinkers away. In WA, the void is a location on the other side of wonderland. And in POTZ, the void is some sort of cosmic dark matter.
Hmm... no idea although I see MS tried his best to fit WSW map in WA1, e.g Forever Forest is in east of Creepy Keep in WSW, WA1 and also WA3. WonderFalls is also mentioned in WSW, south of Forever Forest! The Void is also on other side of Wonderland in WSW except its a storm system there in WSW and in WA1 place where thwarts lived.

Also where do you think Thwart Cave is located in Wonderland? I don't know if this is mentioned in POTZ or not.
Previously known as Aryan101
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 am

Headcanon: The Void isn't a location in Wonderland, but rather am entire dimension in and of itself. The area east of the Wasteland is actually a scar from ancient times, acting as a permanent link between the two dimensions.

(Don't even get me started on my crazy daydreams beyond that...)
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

How did you learn that the void was a scar. Did they say that in the game and i missed it?
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Keyword: "Headcanon" (or, alternatively, "crazy daydreams").

In other words, the game doesn't say it; rather, it's my own personal theory. That being said: My crazy daydreams are so massive they effectively have their own canon, and Wonderland is just a part of them, so... In any case, I don't think it's described how it came into existence at any point in-game.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm

One of the only thing i do not like about POTZ, is that despite likely being the last Wonderland game ever made, the game creates so many unanswered questions about the aftermath of the Z-Bots defeat. We will sadly likely never know.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Perhaps MS wanted to do more but ultimately was unable to? In any case, I'm sure the community is more than capable of continuing the story if they want to...
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Anyway, POTZ was still an amazing end for the Wonderland series. I actually just got to the true end of the game about a month ago.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Meanwhile I'm *STILL* clueless about how to get anywhere in the super-secret Secret Worlds ending, and honestly, I don't think I'm up to the task of ever getting it. Which is a shame, considering we're all forbidden to get hints to it... All we can really do is mention its existence.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, stick around in WSW's credits after getting 100%.)
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am

I am still trying to get there right now. I would say i have gotten all the bonus coins in about half the levels.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:28 pm

I have heard that the secret is outside the game itself, and on some web page.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Yep. It gives you the URL during the credits if you've 100%ed the game.

Unfortunately, it's not the kind of puzzle I'm good at solving. Like, at all. I don't even have the faintest clue of what I'm supposed to do...

In any case, good luck if and when you get to it.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Good luck, i just finished "The Archipelago"
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:41 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 am
Headcanon: The Void isn't a location in Wonderland, but rather am entire dimension in and of itself. The area east of the Wasteland is actually a scar from ancient times, acting as a permanent link between the two dimensions.

This sounds about right. So destroying the void crystal removed the Thwarts' former home, so maybe now they are finding a new home or rebuilding the land upon which it had replaced with the portal between dimensions.

Nothing is crazy in a magic-based fantasy setting, and Wonderland is very magical. :mrgreen:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:14 pm
I finished 100 percenting POTZ and i noticed something odd. I am sure you know about the victory tour levels that you unlock after beating the game, in which you go to multiple locations where characters congratulate you on saving the universe from the Z-Bots. There are five of these levels if i remember the correctly and the first three are normal, you go to Wonderland, Fire Island and Sundog Island where you are thanked by Stinkers, Kabooms and the Ice Trolls respectively. The final two levels are quite odd, but the fourth one is the one i am talking about. You appear in the thwarts cave and all that is there is a sign. The sign tells you the the Thwarts had "issues" to deal with and leave you a star. What i want to know is what these issues are. My theory is that because you just destroyed the Void, the Thwarts are now displaced and are planning to get revenge on the Stinkers. Does anyone else of other ideas.
If I might ask, what was the fifth level and why do you think it was odd?
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:52 pm

The Z-bot one where the Z-bot tells you that the cycle has restarted And you are in a pitch black room in deep space
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm

The 5th level is called Victory Tour: Deep Space, and it is located right before the area with the tube to star town
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:41 pm
rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 am

This sounds about right. So destroying the void crystal removed the Thwarts' former home, so maybe now they are finding a new home or rebuilding the land upon which it had replaced with the portal between dimensions.

Nothing is crazy in a magic-based fantasy setting, and Wonderland is very magical. :mrgreen:
Oh, but you don't even know the half of my crazy daydreams. We're talking everything from Wonderland to My Little Pony to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir to Care-Bears and much more, and even some original worlds, dimensions, and characters - *ALL IN ONE UNIVERSE* (and of course, the name Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits comes from those daydreams, as I'm part of them too).

Also: I should mention that my daydreams do in fact have numerous differences from the things they're based on, including Wonderland. Perhaps the one that's most relevant here: The Void Dimension was never destroyed, unlike in the games. I'll be here all day if I explain further than that...
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Good news, i just beat "The Secret Cave", and "Dangerous Encounter". I can now say i am halfway through WSW.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:46 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:28 pm
Good news, i just beat "The Secret Cave", and "Dangerous Encounter". I can now say i am halfway through WSW.
Nice!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:47 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:52 pm
The Z-bot one where the Z-bot tells you that the cycle has restarted And you are in a pitch black room in deep space
Well that's rather dark.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 pm

The end of POTZ in many ways leaves many questions, but it was certainly a great ending to the Wonderland Series.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Oh i am so excited. I am only about dare is say 20 levels away from 100% Secret Worlds and reaching this final challange.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:25 pm
Oh i am so excited. I am only about dare is say 20 levels away from 100% Secret Worlds and reaching this final challange.
Good luck! I just got done 100%-ing the game yesterday! It was so much fun! If you need any hints, you can ask me!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 am

Kamerson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 am
Good luck! I just got done 100%-ing the game yesterday! It was so much fun! If you need any hints, you can ask me!
Oh? Do you know about the super-secret final puzzle only able to be found after 100%? If not, wait around on the credits. It should give you the U.R.L. you need.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:12 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 am
Kamerson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 am
Oh? Do you know about the super-secret final puzzle only able to be found after 100%? If not, wait around on the credits. It should give you the U.R.L. you need.
I know about it, but I'm going to wait a little while before attempting the challenge!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Im more interested in seeing what this challenge is. :wink:
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 am

It took me a couple hours, but I was able to figure out the final website challenge! It felt so satisfying to solve! :D