Unused content in MOFI and POTZ

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Unused content in MOFI and POTZ

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:06 pm

As can be seen here https://tcrf.net/User:KyuuGryphon/Wonde ... sed_Levels
There are many used levels and overworld areas in the game's code that either were further developed and put into the game or were left out of the game completely. And some of those levels had GIANT creatures in them.
But my question is, are those unused levels exclusive to WA1, or were there ones also in MOFI and POTZ?
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Unused content in MOFI and POTZ

Post by Kilicool64 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am

The page you linked to contains spoilers for that secret that shall not be named.

Also, a topic like this would be better off discussed somewhere else. If you know about the secret, you should know where. In fact, you can already find more information about this there.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 am

There are plenty of dialogues that can only be accessed in the game using glitches.

The easiest way is to look in the editor.
The most interesting thing I could find is the "indigo ring" from POTZ. It's an item in Lost in Space and Time that is never activated.
Here are the pictures I took from inside the editor.
Attachments
Unused Item.png
Unused Item.png (740.16 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Unused Interchange 7.png
Unused Interchange 7.png (160.23 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Unused Interchange 6.png
Unused Interchange 6.png (156.03 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Unused Interchange 5.png
Unused Interchange 5.png (177.5 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Unused Interchange 4.png
Unused Interchange 4.png (131.49 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks for showing me. I have never been a real big fan of the editor, but it is nice to know that there is unused content outside of WA1, although it may be smaller than the unused content in WA1.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:55 pm

There also exist two "previous" versions of the UO music before MS approved the third, current version. They aren't in the game files, so they're not TCRF material, but I did make them and I should, theoretically, still have them. At some point, I even uploaded them on the forum, but those links are long dead, so I'll have to find them again on my HDD.

One was an edit of the Creepy Keep theme, another was a screechy/distorted take on the Star's End theme.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:58 pm

I think i listened to them once while the link were still active, but i can hardly remember what they sounded like.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 am

I took a closer look at the linked page. It seems to be a draft for a TCRF article about WA. Its author probably put it in his user page while he was working on it, but never finished it. There is some interesting information there, but it also spoils the existence of a certain WA secret with the initials MV. So I don't think it should be linked to.
Muzozavr wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:55 pm
They aren't in the game files, so they're not TCRF material
Actually, TCRF features separate articles for prerelease material as well, so those tracks could in fact be uploaded there.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 am

The TCRF page was made by Qloof234.

Here are pictures of more unused dialogue interchanges. Check attachment descriptions.
Attachments
Unused Interchange 9.png
Accessible with fast movement. This is the wizards' dialogue after they get trapped again before leaving the Z-Bot planet. This can only be accessed by moving fast and overtaking Wysp, which definitely wasn't intended because from there you can either get trapped or die. In this picture Wysp is trapping me.
Unused Interchange 9.png (319.46 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Unused Interchange 8.png
Accessible with glitches. Morklin tells us that a map is being projected on the wall. After this the intended interchanges appear and Morklin tells us that a map is being projected in the room.
Unused Interchange 8.png (474.63 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Unused Interchange 3.png
From Hawking's dialogue just before Uo. There are a few interchanges here which aren't used.
Unused Interchange 3.png (124.09 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Unused Interchange 2.png
From when you first appear on Barren. In the end MS just stuck with the lone interchange of the adventurer being confused about their own whereabouts.
Unused Interchange 2.png (115.55 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Unused Interchange 1.png
From the elusive grey star in Star Town. Not sure if this was left out deliberately or by accident. The transition between the previous and next interchange doesn't make much sense because this was left out for some reason.
Unused Interchange 1.png (107.65 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:59 am

On the subject of dialogue, I think there's also one that's technically not cut and is actually used in the game, but I haven't found a way to activate it without being trapped. In one of the Jaava levels, you can get to Grinklers and talk to them, which results in this immortal exchange:

Grinkler: "Grrrrrrr!"
Protagonist: "Grrrrrrr yourself!"

I always loved that one.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:59 am
On the subject of dialogue, I think there's also one that's technically not cut and is actually used in the game, but I haven't found a way to activate it without being trapped. In one of the Jaava levels, you can get to Grinklers and talk to them, which results in this immortal exchange:

Grinkler: "Grrrrrrr!"
Protagonist: "Grrrrrrr yourself!"

I always loved that one.
Yes, i found that one myself. Hilarious.