Didn't exactly know where to find a discussion.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Dragi_Artz

Didn't exactly know where to find a discussion.

Post by Dragi_Artz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:44 am

I was wondering where or how I could just listen to the songs from the classic series. Or like download them or something. I really enjoy the songs as much as the game.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Didn't exactly know where to find a discussion.

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:02 am

The music from the Adventures Trilogy is included with Planet of the Z-Bots in .ogg format - at least if you bought it from the Midnight Synergy website anyway, not sure about the Big Fish version.

The music for the original trilogy is included in .mp3 format on the Midnight Synergy Collection CD. Go to the Midnight Synergy website and you'll see a link to buy it. It includes every game MS has made, and bonus features too (like the afforementioned mp3 soundtrack for Wonderland's original trilogy).

It'd be neat if it maybe got released on Amazon Music someday, but I honestly doubt that'll ever happen.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 am

There are a few options:

1. As rainbowmon said, if you buy the Collection CD, they are included in the Bonus_Content\Wonderland\Soundtrack folder as MP3s.
2. In the game's installation directory, you can make copies of res3.dat through res8.dat, and then rename them all to have the *.it file extension, and then play them in a MOD music tracker of your choice. Personally, I use Winamp for everything audio, so I don't know if Windows Media Player can play those kind of files. OpenMPT can also play IT files.
3. You could try searching for the game's soundtrack on YouTube.
Dragi_Artz

Post by Dragi_Artz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:21 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:02 am
The music from the Adventures Trilogy is included with Planet of the Z-Bots in .ogg format - at least if you bought it from the Midnight Synergy website anyway, not sure about the Big Fish version.

The music for the original trilogy is included in .mp3 format on the Midnight Synergy Collection CD. Go to the Midnight Synergy website and you'll see a link to buy it. It includes every game MS has made, and bonus features too (like the afforementioned mp3 soundtrack for Wonderland's original trilogy).

It'd be neat if it maybe got released on Amazon Music someday, but I honestly doubt that'll ever happen.
Thank you for the info. I don't have the disc yet, only the digital download atm. But I appreciate the help!
Pichosaur

Post by Pichosaur » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:14 pm

This is a super obvious answer, and I apologise if you've already done this - but YouTube has playlists of the OST at a very good quality! That's where I listen to them :)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am

I believe the Wonderland Adventures editors have the full new OST as part of their selection plus Puzzling and Void/Castle from classic trilogy, and a custom pack or two out there for the editor exists that contains the missing tracks of the classic OST as well (Fire Island beaches, Cloud City, Nature, and Volcanic).
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am
I believe the Wonderland Adventures editors have the full new OST as part of their selection plus Puzzling and Void/Castle from classic trilogy, and a custom pack or two out there for the editor exists that contains the missing tracks of the classic OST as well (Fire Island beaches, Cloud City, Nature, and Volcanic).
What missing tracks?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:19 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am
What missing tracks?
Only Puzzle and Void/Castle from the original trilogy appear in the new trilogy, and in the new trilogy editors.
The other 4 tracks (nature, volcano, Beaches, Cloud-City), need to be put in as custom music and this was done as part of a music pack back in 2014.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 am

Oh, i remember, Puzzle in MOFI and Creepy Keep in POTZ.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:34 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 am
Oh, i remember, Puzzle in MOFI and Creepy Keep in POTZ.
Yes, and the other 4 have no canon appearance, only in custom levels in WAE.