Rescue Mission D Challenge!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Rescue Mission D Challenge!

Post by Kamerson » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 pm

I found an alternate solution in WA: PotZ's level Rescue Mission D that I haven't seen anyone else try!

The alternate solution assumes that the walls above the purple keycard are blocked off and can't use any magic past it. Also, you can't collect the coin in the water using this solution, so you can forget about that.
rescuemissionD.png
rescuemissionD.png (303.83 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
The challenge does not involve Brr glitches like ice turning or using magic while sliding, so try to see if you can figure it out without using those! The challenge DOES require fast fingers, so be ready!

Good luck trying to figure it out! I'll post a solution video if no one figures it out after a while.
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Re: Rescue Mission D Challenge!

Post by Kamerson » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:06 am

Well, no one posted here, so I'll just put up the solution that I found! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrK7yGZzvFs
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Nice! That's a really clever solution.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:19 pm

Wonderland King wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:30 pm
Nice! That's a really clever solution.
This :arrow:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:23 am

I'm on a Linux machine without WA at the moment, so couldn't participate, but I'm not sure I would've found this one.

What can I say... I tried to test that one THING (you know what I mean) as exhaustively as I could to make absolutely sure you couldn't get there without doing some ridiculous brr trickery like shooting while siding or turning on brr pads quickly before you drown... let's just say at least it seems like you can't get the coin with this solution. :wink:

But considering how long it took for a legit "come from below" route to happen, I think my testing delayed it long enough, even if a version with the coin is eventually found. :lol: It's not something a player is likely to just accidentally stumble into (unlike "Suspicious Silence", where I feel like it's so broken now that you might find the trivial solution before any of the more complex ones, even though that didn't happen during testing), and even if they do, it's a complicated route that still requires the flo/brr idea.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:41 am

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! I was able to find another alternate solution that allows you to get the coin! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYU1M1XQoq8

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:46 pm

What in the world...

OK, during my tests I did find something similar using "shooting while sliding" shenanigans, but I never found a clean "use the red herring for real" route without that. I was doing weird things like "slide diagonally over a brr pad and shoot flo up in the corridor to shield yourself from the fireball, but your "simple" idea of temporarily freezing the wee stinker for the same purpose... genius. Not something a casual player would ever randomly stumble upon, I believe, so I'm still going to give myself some credit for spotting all the easier ways to make this happen... but wow, what a route.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.