RTW: Quest for the Five Elements (discussion/update thread)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

RTW: Quest for the Five Elements (discussion/update thread)

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Greetings,

After more than TEN YEARS, the Quest for the Five Elements project has finally reached its final stages of development, having just released a trailer and a massive polishing update for what is already released of it. Until now, the series was reserved to the "Puzzle/Action Levels" sub-forum. However, due to its significant growth over the past year, and the community backing that has resulted from this, it is time to share the project with the rest of the community at large... or what is left of it! This is no longer just a level pack.

This series is a continuation of the classic Wonderland trilogy, picking up from where WSW left off (the rescuing of the wee stinkers from the Void). Here is the official description of the game:

"Earth. Wind. Water. Fire. Soul. The five elements that hold the fabric of Wonderland's reality together have been scattered across the very edges of the universe! The destruction of the Void and the subsequent rescuing of the stinkers has caused a disruption in spacetime, and it's up to the stinkers to stop the looming elemental storm and secure the sources of all five elements. How many mysteries will they unravel? How many lands will they travel? This will be their biggest adventure yet."

There is an incredible amount of Wonderland lore in this series, covering almost everything that has not been explained in the previous games in terms of objects/gameplay elements, filling in continuity gaps among the prior games, diving into both canonical and [not yet] canonical Wonderland history, and of course - covering this full journey end to end. For players that really care about story - you are promised one comprising a myriad of thematic layers. This is why I am not keen on talking too much about the storyline itself - I prefer you to experience it through immersion. This series is ultimately designed to be the fourth game following WSW, regardless of whether it will ever be recognized as such (we will get to that part).

Now then, the trailer:

Quest for the Five Elements TRAILER
(Oh how I wish we could embed videos...)

Some material details about the series:

- 195 levels across 18 vast worlds (many of which feature custom textures/backgrounds/models)
- Custom music tracks composed entirely by me for certain cutscenes, worlds, etc. (these are not yet supported in RTW)
- Over 40 cutscene levels interlaced throughout the series, which are the basis for most of the exposition (but not all of it - several levels feature "exposition-heavy" segments as well)

This thread is being published now that the project has entered its final stages of development as a series. In fact, QFE has been rolling out its release since January, but it has seen a number of updates since then. The Cutscene Update, which completes the first three chapters, is now released - meaning that the first 14 worlds are actually already fully released. Check out THIS THREAD (link) for all the currently released levels, and use it for discussion of the levels themselves should you choose to download the rolling release. I maintain a disclaimer that the series is still in a 'BETA' development phase - this just means that I could still change some things yet in the released content. However, at least for the first 14 worlds, I do not expect anymore changes. The polishing phase for these worlds has now been completed.

For general updates to the project, including these major updates, I will be using this general Wonderland thread. Use this thread to discuss the series outside the levels themselves, as well as any useful modding information that will be relevant following the series' initial completion. Let's get to that briefly...

MODDING POTENTIAL:

Things are still up in the air until RTW source code is released, however with W+ now in active development again, we are continuing to develop a framework for which QFE can be imported into its own mod. No further information is available for this right now, except that it's in active development.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: RTW: Quest for the Five Elements (discussion/update thread)

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:55 am

Quest for the Five Elements History Log
-----------------------

This post will document the full history of the project, and continue to be updated as a changelog going forward. It will show just how much the project has done through to get to this point. You may find this of interest.

HUMBLE BEGINNINGS:

December 22, 2010 – The initial ideas behind Quest for the Five Elements were drafted, including a map styled similarly to the WSW map for the layout of the levels. Originally, there were only going to be around 160 levels and 15 worlds spread across four “lands” (these are now referred to as chapters). If I could find the original drawing, which is now basically a relic, I would post it here (however I am afraid it may be gone). Indeed, since the very beginning, QFE was intended to be a follow-up to WSW.
December 24, 2010 – Drafting of a level series that was originally supposed to work as the ‘tutorial’ level set to be released alongside QFE. I did not intend to have QFE include tutorial levels, however I did want the pack to be approachable by anyone, even if this was their first Wonderland experience. So, I created a tutorial series that goes through the features of Wonderland.
April 5, 2011 – Initial completion of the tutorial level set. Although this set was completed, I decided not to release it, so it will not be included with QFE.
April 6, 2011 – The day the Quest’s first level was created.
April 10, 2011 – Initial completion of World 1 (Lv1-6)
April 11, 2011 – Initial completion of World 2 (Lv7-15)
April 14, 2011 – Initial completion of World 3 (Lv16-33)
April 15, 2011 – The day all levels of World 4 were originally crafted (Lv34-42)
April 16, 2011 – Initial completion of World 5 (Lv43-53)
April 28, 2011 – Initial completion of World 6 (Lv55-69)
April 29, 2011 – Initial completion of World 7 (Lv70-75)
April 30, 2011 – Initial completion of World 8 (Lv76-82). At the time, the concept of gate codes was not conceived, and so these levels were purely exposition levels, with “The Library” not even existing (there used to be many old levels back in these initial constructions, which have since been removed). The lore also was not fully developed at this stage.
May 1, 2011 – Initial construction of World 9 (Lv82-83 only). They are not nearly the same versions that are in the game today.
Note that these first nine worlds were in a very bare-bones state, the levels of which were mostly rushed, had no scenery, and had poor exposition. This is partly because, at the time, I was creating the series mostly just for my brother and a couple friends. I also still didn’t have the full picture of the story’s lore completed. Realizing this, and still how much further there was to go, I fell out of tune with the project, and abandoned it.

INITIAL FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT:

The only reason ‘Quest for the Five Elements’ resumed progress was because of a personal life situation that effectively gave me the opportunity to revive old projects. As I moved away from QFE in 2011, I began working on a different game called Marble Blast Gold. This is also when I started learning programming, and I turned my full attention to modding the MB game with their community. I was also quite young then and did not even realize that Wonderland had a forum as Marble Blast did.

This curiosity got me to find the PC Puzzle forum, and after looking through it, realizing the community that existed (in fact, it was quite active in 2011-2012), I became inspired to continue with QFE.

I decided that I would return to the project only at the start of 2012, and I took the rest of 2011 to develop the lore of the story which had been sorely missing. Many of the initial elements were drafted, including how it would end, though not everything could be implemented right now. This was when the story forced the series into 195 levels, and 18 worlds. I was excited to share it with the forum, but I needed to do so only when progress had continued!

By the time ‘Quest for the Five Elements’ was first announced on the forum, on February 28, 2012, it had already been in development for well over a year (if you include the planning time between December 2010 and April 2011). This is why I was confident that the level series would be released that year. However, some circumstances got in the way…

February 22, 2012 – First workings of the custom textures for World 9 and World 10
February 22-25, 2012 – Initial construction of the rest of World 9 (Lv85-93).
February 25, 2012 – First day of construction on World 10, with the custom texture completed
February 26, 2012 – The day I joined this forum.
February 27, 2012 – The day I first released a level, originally called “The Only Way to Safety,” in THIS thread. The level was originally not part of QFE, however I later remixed it into what is now Lv144 – “The Safe Zone.”
February 28, 2012 – The day that Quest for the Five Elements was first announced, in THIS thread under the Puzzle/Action levels subforum. At the time, I didn’t know how else to announce it. Although other level series had been created, they usually released levels one at a time under different threads. I made it clear this is NOT how I wanted to release QFE – it would be like releasing WSW one level at a time. And that kills the feel of everything being interconnected, which is so important to the series.

I should also note that the quest, at the time, was intended to be played with the timer turned off. As such, time limits for all the levels were not set.

QUEST FOR THE FIVE ELEMENTS DEMO:

Realizing the potential community reach of this project, I made the announcement to release a demo of the series’ first two worlds. These were exciting times for the series! However, the first two worlds were in no condition to be released. I realized that in order to compete with WSW, scenery needed to become absolutely integral to the design.

February 28, 2012 – The beginning of the ‘scenery update’ for Worlds 1-2. The first 10 would follow suit, but I focused on detailing the scenery within the first two worlds for community feedback.
March 2, 2012 – I decided to start releasing some levels of the Quest by themselves as something of a “mini demo” approach. This started with Lv61 - “Blockage at the Gate,” in which I had gotten feedback about the time limits – this was a huge oversight, because I forgot that many players in fact do use the timer.
March 4, 2012 – Another solo level release, this time Lv8 – “Gates and Such.”
March 6, 2012 – Initial completion of World 10 (however several levels in this world were so difficult that they ended up undergoing testing for weeks, and I never realized if they were even possible). This is also the day that the demo was sent out to several testers for feedback (these included Sammy_P and hoomdoom).
March 11, 2012 – A demo consisting of the first two worlds was released!! Community feedback for the series so far had been overwhelmingly positive, and much good feedback from the demo was used to improve the remaining worlds (this was the goal of the demo). I did not set time limits for these levels.
March 14, 2012 – The initial construction for World 11 begun. The levels in this world had begun to explore various different puzzle styles, comprising both compact 14x14 challenges and massive hub-like adventures. The difficulty curve in this world was so great that it ultimately was taking forever to test these levels – such is where QFE’s downfall began.
March 24, 2012 – The last solo level release I did for QFE, this time Lv113 – “Stumped to the Root,” which is one I remain very happy with. Note that the level in that linked thread is NOT the same as the one in the final series (in fact, none of them are, and you shouldn’t play the old solo levels).

THE DOWNFALL:

As other things in my personal life began to pop up, progress on QFE began to die down. I knew this would eventually happen, however I remained optimistic that the series would be released. As a matter of fact, I was still set on the series releasing by July 2012! That’s crazy, right? My problem was that everything that had currently been crafted was rushed. As you can note in the earlier part of the timeline, I churned through the first several worlds in a matter of days, and the worlds afterwards did not take much longer. Until I got to World 11 – this is when QFE halted, and World 12 never started.

April 15, 2012 – I made a public announcement acknowledging that most of the Quest’s earlier levels needed to be remade. After spending so much time redecorating and updating the first two worlds for the demo, I realized just how much work really needed to be done for the rest of the completed content. It was not complete at all. I would say that only the bare bones were there, and I am absolutely grateful that I realized this and did not release them in that state.
May 28, 2012 – School had taken over quite a bit of my ventures, but today I made a public announcement that the project would continue in June. My main work was geared towards World 11.
June 9, 2012 – A progress report of QFE was released, and it looked like the following:

"Completed levels: 114 out of 194
Levels in progress: 5
Levels to be redone: Only 1 at the moment
Completed worlds: 10 out of 18; currently on world 11
Completed lands: 2 out of 4 (currently working on land 3)
Completely tested lands: 1 out of 4 (only one level left to test in land 2)
Completely tested worlds: 8 out of 18"

June 17, 2012 – I still stuck to my intention for QFE to be a no-time-limit adventure and made an announcement post as such. The reasoning for this was flawed – I simply did not want to go back through the 100+ completed levels and re-test to figure out the proper time limit. Oh boy – was I in for a rude awakening.
June 30, 2012 – a technical glitch with RTW that I did not understand caused me not to be able to finish a certain level in World 11. Some members helped me through this in PMs, however due to laziness and my fading interest in the project, I never fixed the level in question.
This was the last post made for QFE until the “fake revival” in 2015. Technical glitches, ridiculous difficulty curves causing a testing nightmare for me, and ultimately getting burned out by this (plus getting lazy because I had other life priorities) are all what caused me to quit the project. It became an “it gets done when it gets done” type of thing. I went to two summer camps in July 2012, and rather than get back into Wonderland afterwards, I actually just left the game completely. Suddenly, my interest in the game, and the devotion I had put into my story, was just gone. I did not touch QFE again, and by 2013, I had gotten a new desktop which Wonderland never made it onto.

FAKE REVIVAL and the death of QFE:

Circumstances in 2015 changed the course of events. I had just finished high school, but I fell into a very depressed state. Things were not going well, so I turned to my old hard drive which had some old games on it – I figured these would help occupy my mind. Marble Blast was one of these games – I got back into modding this game, playing it through, and generally re-introducing myself to the community. I actually maintain several friends from that community to this day. However, deeper searching on the hard drive revealed Wonderland and Quest for the Five Elements, which I had completely left behind.

July 20, 2015 – I made a big announcement post basically talking about QFE’s revival. I did not want the project to go to waste, which is exactly what would happen if I didn’t eventually release it. All this work needed to be for something, right? The announcement did not dive much into material details – it simply made awareness of the project’s revival.
July 22, 2015 – I had yet to finish the testing process for World 11, and I forgot most of the solutions anyway. To start things with a fresh head, I moved onto World 12, which was (and continues to be) a very special world in the series. Being much older, my level design was dramatically better. I absolutely knew that I would need to redo almost every level in the Quest. However, I was not prepared to get that deep into things just yet.
August 3, 2015 – The initial drafts for several World 12 levels were finished, alongside the custom textures in this world.
August 6, 2015 – I began exploring the nature of hex editing, and throughout August, I worked on this skill by doing test levels and other things to observe its behavior. I wanted to incorporate it into Quest for the Five Elements, but at the time, I was not very good at hex-editing – so, I left it out for now.
September 28, 2015 – After almost two months of work, the levels in World 12 were completed, however not all were fully tested. I also managed to complete several levels in World 11 finally, though they were of a ridiculous difficulty.
October 6, 2015 – I announced that Quest for the Five Elements would receive a rolling release starting on January 1, 2016. The plan was going to be one world to be released per week, putting the final world out by April 22, 2016. With my momentum, I figured this was plenty of time to get everything done!

However… this was the last post I had made to the forum. And the reason why is quite unfortunate. I experienced a big hard drive crash somewhere around December of 2015, after already starting on World 13 and getting a good chunk done there. This crash caused me to lose ALL of the work I had spent the last several months doing, effectively making it a complete waste of time. The only remnants of QFE that were left lived on the same old hard drive I started the ‘fake revival’ from – the version that still lived in 2012.

To be clear, I lost a lot more than just QFE during this crash. It was quite devastating, but it taught me a very important lesson: BACKUPS. I neglected to do this, and as a result, lost a lot of work, time, energy, and ultimately – inspiration. I was frustrated and depressed already, so this was just the ticking time bomb that finally went off. I had absolutely no intention to complete this project. As far as I was concerned, the community wasn’t owed any follow up on the situation – I just made a French exit and never looked back.

THE REAL REVIVAL:

In January 2021, I returned from my routine New Year’s trip feeling quite inspired, and for some odd reason, decided to peek around my old hard drives that, at this point in time, had not been touched in almost six years. My life had changed a lot in this time, so I was able to look at things with a fresh perspective. You would think that the 2020 lockdown would motivate this, but it didn’t (I mostly played Minecraft then anyway). It was only through this activity that I found Wonderland, remembering Quest for the Five Elements, and of course the terrible crash that caused its death.
I decided to visit the forums again after seeing this, realizing that they were practically dead.

It goes without saying that doing so has resulted in an incredible change of events. I had a lot of work to do! I was now almost ten years older than I was when I first announced QFE. Would it even be possible to salvage the series and make something remarkable out of it?

The answer was absolutely.

January 2, 2021 – I got hard at work on starting both Worlds 13-14, rewriting most of QFE’s story (but maintaining its core concepts, including its ending), and working on just the puzzles themselves (the lore would be added in later after the story was rewritten). I had so much inspiration to make puzzles – my level design had become much more refined, so integrating this with the old levels was going to be an incredible challenge if I wanted to preserve them (which I did).
January 7, 2021 – The revival post announcement was made, and I explained the crash that happened back in 2015. I released three solo levels – these were Lv41, 42, and 88. The next week was spent completely refining Worlds 1-2, so that the scenery and puzzle design was top-notch. I set time limits for the levels, as well. My plan was now to completely overhaul what already existed before moving forward.

ROLLING RELEASE:

January 16, 2021 – The official rolling release for Quest for the Five Elements began, and the story finished a complete rewrite. This included changing the concept of “lands” into chapters, of which the story had four. The concept of custom music entered my discussions for the series. I am a music producer, so naturally I wanted to make some separate tracks for the later worlds that better reflect the mood than the current tracks in RTW. I released World 1.
January 18, 2021 – World 2 officially released.
January 22, 2021 – World 3 officially released, most of the levels revised, all of them updated for scenery and time limits.
January 26, 2021 – World 4 officially released, all levels updated for scenery and time limits.
February 1, 2021 – World 5 officially released, with many levels in this world being completely rebuilt.
February 9, 2021 – World 6 officially released, again many levels being revised (not so much rebuilt), and scenery being added for them all. The concept of gate codes was added only at this point in the series’ development.
February 12, 2021 – World 7 officially released, with much great feedback from Amnon who has helped me refine these levels to make them the best they can be. Every level in this world was updated, but only 70 and 73 were remade. I also removed one, which is why this world now ends at Lv74.
March 16, 2021 – World 8 officially released. This world took so long to release because of Lv80 – “The Library,” which fully introduces gate codes into the quest. With the entire back half of the series rewritten to incorporate gate puzzles, I needed all of them completed before I could release this level. Amnon gave me great feedback on this, and the world release was updated twice within a short time.
March 18, 2021 – World 9 began releasing. At this point, given how close I was getting to what I had already built, I needed to slow down the releases! It would be best for each level to get its own time anyway, especially since the difficulty curve drastically increases in World 9. I began releasing the levels one at a time in this world. Unlike back in 2012, I had no interest in rushing the rest of the series. At this point, I still had not finished Worlds 12-14, because I had been spending most of my time updating these first nine. Indeed, most levels in this world were completely rebuilt.
April 6, 2021 – World 9 finale and full world released!
April 11, 2021 – World 10 began releasing.
April 16, 2021 – Kamerson began streaming Quest for the Five Elements on his Twitch channel, which brought some new players into the series. Watching somebody actually play the series was amazing, and it was also incredibly helpful for feedback in improving the series. I realized that I needed to take testing very seriously if I was going to promote this as the sequel to Wonderland’s trilogy.
April 25, 2021 – Initial walkthrough for Worlds 1-3 released on YouTube. This likely will be removed on QFE’s final release, as many of the levels have been updated even since then.
April 26, 2021 – The first logo for QFE was shown, however it is not the final version that you see here!
April 29, 2021 – World 10 first officially released – most levels in this world were COMPLETELY rebuilt, especially the finale. I do not recognize most of them now from their original 2012 counterparts, even though remnants of those old designs are still present in some levels. I added several new ones, too, increasing the size of this world far beyond originally planned.
May 6, 2021 – Based on feedback from Kamerson, rainbowmon, and others, World 3 received a big update. Quoting the post:
1) TIME LIMITS have all been extended. You should no longer be struggling to finish any of these levels due to time, except for "Crossing the Wondertown River" if you took an exceptionally slow route (which you shouldn't do, FYI).

2) Water Mysteries has not been removed, but instead rebuilt into a brand new level. No longer shall it earn the trophy of being the most-disliked. Try to get the ugly taste of it out, because it's now a transporter puzzle - one you should actually enjoy!

3) Survival has been optimized to lean into the solution that you guys have been executing, which (in addition to removing the fake wall) allows two boxes to be removed. I actually like your solutions much better than the one originally intended, which is now no longer possible.
I also released practice levels for Lv110 on this day, due to the level’s difficulty.
May 11, 2021 – World 10 re-released fixing Amnon’s alternate solution for Lv110, which was a big loophole that breaks parts of the level.
May 15, 2021 – World 11 began releasing, the glitches in some of the levels from 2012 being finally fixed and the levels being rebuilt. I’ll note that at this stage, I had completed the new World 12, with a new set of textures (recall that it was World 12 that experienced complete destruction in 2015’s crash). I tried to design the levels close to what I remembered from the concepts I explored in 2015, but this time around, they came out so much better. Everything has come out so much better than if I released it then.
May 22-23, 2021 – Variations of Lv114 were released. These were crafted earlier this year, but I thought they were too hard to be the main level (which is ironic as several levels are far harder). Now, the variations are all included with QFE.
May 27, 2021 – Level 117 was released, which caused Amnon to stop playing in the series due to the level’s ridiculous difficulty. This feedback was incredibly helpful, and after good discussion with him, I re-evaluated the later levels, aiming to keep the max difficulty contained in this world as much as possible (this is why the difficulty curve in the series is actually not linear, but rather quite variable). Amnon has since continued playing the series.
June 3, 2021 – Initial release of World 11, which included practice levels for Lv118 and 119.
June 13, 2021 – Preliminary notes released for World 12, which was going to be done in secret. This world is very special both in the story and in its level design, and I aim to conceal it as much as possible.
June 21, 2021 – World 12 began releasing, the name being concealed.
July 12, 2021 – The “Practice Levels Update” released, adding practice levels to help you on certain segments of many difficult levels in the quest. These included #67, 83, 100, 109, and 117 (on top of the already-released practice levels for 110, 118, and 119).
July 16, 2021 – Hotfix released for Lv68 fixing a major bug that can break the level (which neither I nor other players had caught). Kamerson caught this while streaming, and the level was updated/released during his stream, so he was able to get it and complete it.
July 28, 2021 – The re-release of Lv117-118, toning down the difficulty, and adding a difficulty selector to Lv118. The updates to Lv117 make the practice levels useless, and they were removed in a later update.
August 1, 2021 – World 12 finale and full world released. The main ZIP file was updated with the Practice Levels Update, and the revised levels 68, 117, and 118. I also fixed the spelling of the title of Lv46, also caught by Kamerson.
August 11, 2021 – World 13 Preliminary Notes released, basically suggesting that even reading the world titles could be considered a spoiler, and that anyone who has not started playing Quest for the Five Elements should be cautious to read forum posts discussing the levels.
August 13, 2021 – World 13 began releasing.

CUTSCENE UPDATE:

As my activity on Discord began to hasten, so too did community discussion on Quest for the Five Elements, thanks in part to Kamerson for streaming the series. I began promoting the series in the servers, getting other members involved with the development discussions, and generally sharing screenshots for yet-to-be released levels I had been working on for later in the series.

It was while finishing World 13 earlier in July that I acknowledged a major solution to the exposition problem still plaguing QFE. The problem was that the story is incredibly complex, however important pieces of exposition had not entered the in-game experience due to not having any room in the levels to throw it in. What’s the point of my forum introductions to each world/level if you don’t get that in-game?

The thing is, I didn’t just want to “throw it in.” Exposition and story are huge in this series, so adding the missing pieces in earlier levels would show as an obvious afterthought. The solution became ingeniously clear: cutscene levels in-between major story breaks! I began carefully designing these, and I maintain full storyboards for everything that happens in this series so that I know when to introduce a cutscene. The “Cutscene Update” was established a major update for QFE, and the first that would be considered a finalized variety.

Alongside this, talks had begun about porting Quest for the Five Elements into a mod of its own following its initial release as a custom level series. This is when I first became aware of a project called W+, which is a recreation of the classic trilogy in C#. This piqued my interest greatly, and we began talking about the project, the RTW source code, and the potential for QFE to be given a full developmental treatment in this manner.

August 22, 2021 – The full announcement post for the Cutscene Update was made, noting that the update would consist of two parts – the full complete release of World 13, followed by the World 14 + Cutscene Update for all cutscenes. I also announced that a trailer was going to be released soon.
August 27-28, 2021 – A bug in RTW that spontaneously causes MAVs based on surface counts exceeding 50 was discovered throughout testing of Lv140, and I made a full post detailing the mechanics of this HERE. Of course, the situation was fixed, and the level no longer MAVs.
August 28, 2021 – W+ resumed development, and I joined the WonderTeam as a developer for this project.
August 30, 2021 – World 13 fully released, which introduces the first cutscenes of the series.
September 1, 2021 – The Cutscene Update was released. This is a major update to QFE which introduced more than 20 cutscene levels interlaced throughout the released worlds, bringing together many parts of the story that hadn’t been given full attention. Also added was a proper prologue and an ‘Introduction’ level that gives an overview of the series. Custom music specifically for Lv140 was composed and released with this update as well, along with the entirety of World 14, and the QFE Trailer.
Intended as a polishing update, there were several small changes as well, including:
- Changed dialogue in World 1 to better integrate with the newly added Prologue and bring more life to the series introduction.
- Revamped the aesthetics of Lv68 - "Battle at Blizzard Peak," mostly changing the empty spaces into 'deep wall' to fit continuity.
- Improved wording of gate code #0441, and updated Lv80 - "The Library," to add visual indicators for gate code #998.
- Wording changes in Lv77 - "The Crystal City"
- Removed unfair bonus coins in Lv74 - "Showcase"
- Added extra conveyor and changed green button location in Lv83 - "Plunging South"
- Prevented additional spawning of rainbow spirits in Lv131 - "Hot Coals"
September 6, 2021 - Update for Lv133 "Industrial Park," just removing the annoying boulders at the beginning of the level.

Next Major Release: RELEASE CANDIDATE, in December 2021
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Re: RTW: Quest for the Five Elements (discussion/update thread)

Post by Kamerson » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:41 pm

Wow, that is a long and thorough history of QFE! I'm glad you were able to recover from the hard drive crash, salvage what was left from your old hard drives, and turn QFE into what it is today! Also glad to be streaming/beta testing this series! Looking forward to playing the later worlds of this series! :stinkyhappy:
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson